Screen Shot 2020-07-17 at 10.57.38 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-07-17 at 10.58.41 PM.png

Sean

VIP
gligew
gligew
VIP
Ratings
Parkour - The jumps are super basic and overused with really only 3 types of different jumps throughout the whole map so 1/5.
Build - There honestly isn’t a build and it’s just some random things thrown here and there so 1.5/5, but I am a trash builder soooo
Theme - I don’t know how many times I’ve said this but floating island parkour is extremely overused as is parkour related to Minecraft blocks and the progression of Minecraft. 1/5. I suggest looking at this first https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lZKQZMgGev6fXyhZ8nCPkTzNIj0yOjXjUTDvfzKNzl4/edit.
Im sorry if this sounded kinda mean, but then again always look at the types of maps getting rejected and the types of map getting accepted these days, they will teach you how to create on that the mods may accept.
Im not a mapper or a moderator but I do have 500+ hours on parkour so there.

CheekyWolf25

CheekyWolf25
CheekyWolf25
Ratings
Thanks for your run through! I will definitely look into the other maps that have been accepted and rejected in order to get a goo map out there eventually. This was the first map i have ever made so I hope i can improve a lot. But thanks for your review of my map!

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey CheekyWolf25,

Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING this map submission.
  • Theme: As maps based on blocks aren't very creative at all, this is a very unoriginally themed map submission. In the future, try to come up with a creative theme that hasn't been done before, this is just too uninventive.
  • Build: Personally, I don't think the build is very good at all. My main reason for this being the lack of a build. The entirety of the map is parkour (grated, it is made out of stone so you accomplished your theme I suppose). We want there to be a central build(s) that invite the player to do the parkour on the map. Both should work together, we can't have one without the other on our server. In the future, pick out a good theme, portray it accurately with a solid build, and integrate your parkour into that build. That's what we want to see.
  • Parkour: The parkour was hard enough for a medium but its length is stretching it, I'd add a couple of more jumps just so it fits the difficulty just right. It did have two major problems, though, these being: solely-floating pk and repetitive parkour. As I mentioned above, you need to integrate your parkour into your build, that's a must (most of the time). Regarding the repetitive nature of the parkour, let's use the middle/end portions of the map as examples. The former is just 3b/4b slab jumps and the latter is just ladder jumps. We don't want to see so many identical consecutive jumps, we want to see a variety in the jumps/blocks used. Use the tools you have to create some fun parkour.
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.