Juandacun

Dedicated Member
ELITE
Juandacun
Juandacun
ELITE
Ratings
79 9
Hey! I will give some opinions about this map as i could found some issues regarding the building and the parkour.
First of all, the theme isnt really recommended to be used as a map, as this theme is overused or alot of maps with related stuff already exist.
If you want to get a great theme, try searching if your map meets the parameters for an accepted one here.
Now, about the parkour, the start seems a little sketchy, as its floating parkour, try moving the starting platform a bit up in the sky and make a type of faith jump to the start to make stuff more interesting .
The jumps arent as original, as you used only 5 types of jumps: Heads, ladders, normal jumps, slimes and brewing stands, and in some
points it felt repetitive, for example here
1624922397138.png
The jumps weren't as interesting and it felt boring.
I also had some issues regarding the directions on where the parkour continued, and in the way, found some skip/s
On this jump you could specify where to go, or land at
1624922879232.png
Now, this part is a big issue, the signs specify to follow the green carpets but the entire path is blocked by barriers and you got nowhere to go.
1624923039588.png

now, i got no idea if this was intented, but this path over here will skip few jumps you added in the "intended way, leading directly to the end
1624923151876.png
Try adding more variation to your jumps using other stuff and playing with objects hitboxes to make it more enjoyable, and also, make sure the pathing is clear and theres no skips flying around.
Good luck!

sapqhire

Forum Master
ELITE
sapqhire
sapqhire
ELITE
Ratings
365 9
Hello cvpra & oFill,

Unfortunately, I will be Rejecting your map.
The theme isn't original, as there are many nature/tree themed maps already. Please refer to the document in this thread - https://manacube.com/threads/parkour-list-with-theme.20194/ to make sure your map idea is original.
The build is really nice, it's built well and accurate to the theme, so well done!
The parkour is very repetitive. You did have a few different jump styles which is good, but most of it was grouped. What I mean by this, is you would have a sequence of just normal jumps, then just fences etc. Try to mix up your jumps a bit more as well as experimenting with a larger variety of blocks and items when building parkour, as this will make your map more enjoyable to complete.
The length is good for a medium and the difficulty is good for an easy/medium map.

Thanks for submitting your map! I hope to see more maps from you in the future/

Status
Not open for further replies.