The ./welcome feature.

2YearsLater

MVP
2YearsLater
2YearsLater
MVP
Ratings
So I've been playing for maybe a week now and the thing I see more in chat is people welcoming others. Now don't get me wrong I love seeing new people join the skyblock realm but it's a bit ridiculous that the entire chat gets pushed up because of it. What if I was trying to type to someone in /msg, or trying to find a message from the past but can't because of all the welcoming's (what I mean by this is that minecraft has a limited amount of chat you can see at one time).

Maybe find a way to either put a cooldown on it or have a limited amount of usages of the ./welcome feature. It's not good either for new players honestly, the first thing you do when joining a server isn't read the chat, it's usually start an island, look around the spawn, look for the rules, etc... (I'm not trying to discourage new players either, even for the small amount of people that do read the chat when they join).
I could possibly be overestimating it or maybe there's been a post on it before and I haven't checked, if so, I apologize. I'm a skyblock veteran, not on this server, but, across the minecraft universe and when I see stuff like this I feel like there needs to be improvements on it, yeah it could just be a little finnicky to deal
with or it's maybe just something that hasn't crossed anyone's mind yet. I think small adjustments like this help much more than most people think.

Also, if this ./welcome feature is all over the realms then possibly make these changes for just the realms that have high player count.

Anyways, thank you for taking the time out of your day to read this, GLHF.
-2YearsLater (noobie)

TheFancyBear

ELITE
TheFancyBear
TheFancyBear
ELITE
Ratings
If you play on lunar client (or some other clients, badlion doesn't support chat filters!) you can block the messages that contain specific messages. This means you can block out the welcome message so it wont show up.

For lunar client its as followed:
shift/mods menu keybind -> mods -> chat -> enable and go to options
You then put "profanity filter" to "custom"
1650630711510.png

You can then click on "custom filter" and put words/sentences on each line. For example "Welcome". This should block out each message containing "Welcome".
1650630903651.png

Before clicking on exit press "ctrl + s" or click on file -> save.

Attachments