Proteges

Forum Master
VIP+
TheProTroller
TheProTroller
VIP+
Ratings
617 31
Hey there, before going ahead with your map submission review I'd like to inform you that I'm only giving you my personal opinion/feedback on your parkour map submission and my personal feedback will certainly not affect your parkour map submission in the slightest, I recommend that you take in my feedback to improve your submission if there are any flaws, you don't need to and you're free to ignore me but anyhow, before going ahead I'd like to mention that I'm a Moderator not a Map Judge so this is just my personal opinion and I am not accepting or denying your parkour map as this is only my personal opinion.

Parkour theme/design: For the parkour theme, unfortunately, there's already a handful of plane parkour maps/themes so sadly your map submission is currently unoriginal, though with some tweaking I'm sure you could find a way to make it a little more unique of a map submission, for the detail you did a pretty good job, I can clearly see you put some good effort into your map which is certainly always great to see!

Parkour difficulty/variety: For the difficulty, I feel that some of the jumps may be a little hard for people in the 'EASY' level unfortunately and sadly for the parkour variety your map submission is quite bland, I suggest adding more interesting parkour jumps like flower pot jumps, anvil jumps, chest/enchantment table jumps, etc.

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey Hick_Hock_4,

Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING this map submission.
  • Theme: Since we do have our fair share of Airplane/Dragon-related maps (even if they aren't combined), I really don't see this submission as very original. I'd make sure that your theme is at least passable by checking the list of previously used themes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lZKQZMgGev6fXyhZ8nCPkTzNIj0yOjXjUTDvfzKNzl4/edit
  • Build: Personally, I'm not a big fan of the build. It's just really lacking necessary details and is blocky and messy. You have to work on organizing and shaping your build better. And, on putting the right details on it so that it portrays your theme accurately. None of the components are doing it for me: the cobwebs seem like an afterthought, the dragon/airplane are shaped oddly, and the fire is too cluttered.
  • Parkour: The PK's length and difficulty do fit the medium difficulty, although it'd be on the easier/shorter side of things. You could always amp the difficulty and jump length by a bit. But, my main problem with it is the lack of variety. It just felt very boring to do. For example, the entire fire parkour up until the enchantment table felt like such a bore, it was just doing the same jumps and walking. I suggest you address these issues by using a wider variety of blocks/jumps.
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.