Things To Improve (In my perspective)

Mini_Remix

Donator
Ratings
There are many things I have found that need thinking about on KitPvP so I will list them. Remember these are all my opinion and people might and probably will think differently but I find some of these unfair or need looking into.

• Bans for hacking (Being improved)
  • Mass amount of teaming (with diamond kits, making it harder for non donors to play)
  • Youtubers getting paid kits (Not fair on people who pay for them with REAL money)
  • The DeathPit (Has now been closed and you have to go through a tiny hole)
  • Hackers not being banned (eg. jasondabomb was hacking and was not banned when staff were online)
  • Spammers (Need to make it so you can't send dupe messages)
  • Staff not doing their jobs correctly (eg. Not banning hackers)
  • Launch pads glitching (Probably just the plugin)

So there are all of the problems (in my opinion) that need improving on KitPvP at this moment in time, obviously some of these will be fixable, some not but I hope it helps the bigger staff members to realise there are room for improvements and when they are complete KitPvP will be more fun to play.

Jack

Dedicated Member
Retired
Ratings
178 3
I do agree with most of these.
[USERGROUP=7]@Community Manager[/USERGROUP] +

But this should go in the KitPvP Suggestions section:
/Warned
/Moved

Mini_Remix

Donator
Ratings
I do agree with most of these.
[USERGROUP=7]@Community Manager[/USERGROUP] +

But this should go in the KitPvP Suggestions section:
/Warned
/Moved
Thanks for moving it, I realised after I made it but what's with the "/warned" ?

Mariomash1VG

Forum Expert
Donator
Ratings
47 11
Thanks for moving it, I realised after I made it but what's with the "/warned" ?
Get 3 in one month, banned till one month from the oldest warning that got you banned.
Sorry if this was kind of confusing to word :/

Jack

Dedicated Member
Retired
Ratings
178 3
Get 3 in one month, banned till one month from the oldest warning that got you banned.
Sorry if this was kind of confusing to word :/
Yes I'm about to make the rules thread, but basically there is a warning system.

Typically when you get warned you recieve 1 point (unless it's a double infraction you get 2, etc) which lasts for 1 month.
After 1 month the point will expire.
If you end up with more than 3 points, you will be in the Banned threshold, and your account will be Banned until you are below the threshold.

Mini_Remix

Donator
Ratings
Yes I'm about to make the rules thread, but basically there is a warning system.

Typically when you get warned you recieve 1 point (unless it's a double infraction you get 2, etc) which lasts for 1 month.
After 1 month the point will expire.
If you end up with more than 3 points, you will be in the Banned threshold, and your account will be Banned until you are below the threshold.
So I was warned for putting it into the wrong forum? I don't know how to move them (if I can) and I only realised after I did it. Sorry if it was annoying putting it in the suggestions.

Dacon

Owner
OWNER
xDacon
xDacon
Owner
Ratings
4,749 83
There are many things I have found that need thinking about on KitPvP so I will list them. Remember these are all my opinion and people might and probably will think differently but I find some of these unfair or need looking into.

• Bans for hacking (Being improved)
  • Mass amount of teaming (with diamond kits, making it harder for non donors to play)
  • Youtubers getting paid kits (Not fair on people who pay for them with REAL money)
  • The DeathPit (Has now been closed and you have to go through a tiny hole)
  • Hackers not being banned (eg. jasondabomb was hacking and was not banned when staff were online)
  • Spammers (Need to make it so you can't send dupe messages)
  • Staff not doing their jobs correctly (eg. Not banning hackers)
  • Launch pads glitching (Probably just the plugin)

So there are all of the problems (in my opinion) that need improving on KitPvP at this moment in time, obviously some of these will be fixable, some not but I hope it helps the bigger staff members to realise there are room for improvements and when they are complete KitPvP will be more fun to play.
Users are banned for hacking?

We're currently working on solutions to stop these large teams, if you have any solutions, feel free to share

Youtubers help the growth of Minevast, I don't see why giving them Legend Kit is a huge deal, there's only about 4 of them

The Death Pit has been closed from the top for a few reasons, one being that it is now the main central battle field. Launch pads will teleport you high in the air
above that ground area. Saxibus is currently creating an rpg-style story mode where the villages are.

We do have an anti-spamming system, however blocking duplicate messages is VERY annoying for the players, trust me.

Staff are volunteer's, their main focus is to not watch every fight you're in and determine if someone was using hacks. They punish over 100 users every day, they're most definitely doing a good job :p

Launch pads changed this morning

I Recently Received Kit YouTuber. And I Am only accessible to Kit VIP. And I am at 920 subscribers. And another question was Why is my VIP only for KitPvp I promoted the WHOLE server when making the video.

Mini_Remix

Donator
Ratings
Users are banned for hacking?

We're currently working on solutions to stop these large teams, if you have any solutions, feel free to share

Youtubers help the growth of Minevast, I don't see why giving them Legend Kit is a huge deal, there's only about 4 of them

The Death Pit has been closed from the top for a few reasons, one being that it is now the main central battle field. Launch pads will teleport you high in the air
above that ground area. Saxibus is currently creating an rpg-style story mode where the villages are.

We do have an anti-spamming system, however blocking duplicate messages is VERY annoying for the players, trust me.

Staff are volunteer's, their main focus is to not watch every fight you're in and determine if someone was using hacks. They punish over 100 users every day, they're most definitely doing a good job :p

Launch pads changed this morning
I'm pretty sure the new launch pads are causing A LOT of lag and people are complaining, it's true there is a lot of lag right now.

Ratings
9 2
Before we begin... I don't know if you'll be able to prevent large scale teaming of already OP players, but let's think about it logically just in case my train of thought inspires a solution...

Why over-team..? The reason teams are nessasarry is because to take down a lone p2 diamond or better player, it takes no less than 4 people using 6.25 damage per hit to take them down effectively, 2 of them rushing in together and flanking, and the other 2 sniping/regening health.
But our "loner" can avoid this by simply teaming up with an equally OP player. It would now take tactically luring them apart and 8 people working coherently in 2 teams of 4 to kill them. And eventually, they reach OP team sizes of 6-7 and become effectively invincible, as no more than 7 people can engage on player in combat at a time without specialty suited terrian.
Let's just say 30 people are on kit pvp at all times. Let's also say 15% of all players donate to a degree. This means they can make money faster by unlocking more and more players they can effectively kill, and essentially means they will complete p4 diamond weeks before normal players. Let's say 5% are vast or higher, and in those kits can take owin man teams and win. Think of it like a <<high breed>> of players. There's not many of them, and fighting each other is faaar more tedious and resource intensive than an extra set of broken /vast is worth to them. There's no point in fighting each other, even if they both have teams and one is clearly stronger than the other. Some of their team is highly likely to die fighting another <<high breed>> team. As such they divy the map into areas, jungle, field, palace, sand town, and chapel valley, the field being the best noon hunting grounds for the easy cash and non renewable resources , I.e. ender pearls and g apples neccassary to fight other <<high breed>> teams, and the teams at field, chapel valley, and palace thrive off of easy kills on non OP players. And as the noob supply is ample and ready for the slaughter, there's no point in risking a fight with equally equipped foes unless they come to your position, which gives you a better chance of not being repelled.

A solution... In an mmorps I play, they had the same problem. No one chose high risk fights over garunteed easy, farmable loot. Then they added a system called <<Bounty Hunter>>, which determined the value and quality of your gear, and then gave you a name of a player with similar stats, and an arrow showing you their general direction. Killing THAT EXACT PLAYER before killing anyone else yielded rare, high quality weapons, armor, potions, and even cash rewards...

How it works...A similar system would encourage betrayals amongst the large teams, Because their teammates name popped up, and they valued the chance at, I don't know, a sword that holding it gives strength lvl .3, which is ~ 6.8% damage bonus, and that fear that your friends are likely to be assigned to kill you for loots far better than even a week of noob farming would make it incredibly unlikely to see teams larger than 3 people, because they would have to know each other IRL to have resist the urge to kill for the chance of a crazy good weapon.

Head possible potion effects: negative value on the hunger rebuff, resistance?
Torso possible potion effects: regen, fire resist
Legging possible potion effects: jump boost, speed, fire resist
Boot possible potion effects: speed, jump boost, damage seeping.

Damage seeping is Something I'm not sure about, but my understanding is its like thorns except different, it deals area of effect damage based upon the damage taken. Typically it only works when falling, poisoned or on fire though, unlike thorns. Hence its useful to have even with full thorns

I want to say its not a reference to the events that make me not like brackish, but it is totally a reference to the events that make me not like brackish... Also, because before keeping exp on death, there was an issue with forced teleports to people whom had just leveled up, and its likely the same problem would occur with rare drops, to fix this preemptively, the item should be dropped into their player vault, and if it is full, they could type a command to claim it later. Also I'd love a broadcast to occur when someone gets a rare item bounty... Also the potion drops I had in mind were resistance potions, 20 second str 5 pots that also give slowness 2 and hunger 5 for 15 seconds :p, you can deal full, unlockable damage, to anything within sword range :-D

Last edited:

Arckrai

Forum Expert
Ratings
128 2
'This means they can make money faster by unlocking more and more players they can effectively kill, and essentially means they will complete p4 diamond weeks before normal players.'

Most of the players that do play a lot putting a lot of time and dedication in MineVast easily get P4. From /kit daily and by voting each day and gaining money.

Let's say 5% are vast or higher, and in those kits can win

Not necessarily since in the end it comes down to skill. I have taken Vast and Sponsor players down in kit fight and it is simply easy for anyone to use the kit summer to give a beating to them

The Main Problem I would say is teaming and the huge amounts of teams dominate the server.

Ratings
9 2
Why donate..? While some people legitamately care about funding the server, most people donate to either earn the prestige of sustaining the server and the respect earnt by that colored prefix before their name, and some even for personal reasons, but the second largest group of the top members of the server, are buying to simply compensate for their average level of skill.

@arckrai... I believe arck, though his story is likely missing details such as a teammates assistance or the player was afk, but skill can overcome gear within reason, but skill doesn't beat invincibility, which is the result of protection 1 or higher diamond armor when combined with the ample supply of regen pots and golden apples they have access to.. I explicitly pointed out that it doesn't matter how many times I'm hitting them, even in prof 1 diamond, because a simple golden apple, eaten WHILE FIGHTING, will out heal any damage I do.

The numbers behind the statement... prot 1 diamond only let's the wearer take 13%, and prot 2 only let's through 7% of damage taken. Prot 4 absorbs 97.5% of damage... You do realize that the difference between prot 2 and prot 4 is only 4.5% damage reduction... They are effectively the same. :-\
Trust me, if you did tests, the difference would wind up being one or two, if your weapon is weak enough, hits more to kill the prot 4 player... Or none if your using sharp 5 diamond, but you can't claim that they have skill over me, I take 50% damage in kit fight, and with the best non donator common kit build, I take 55% by adding iron leggings from paladin. I deal a meager 6.25 damage per hit, and only 13% of that hits though their p1 armor. I take 45% of the damage they deal, so 46 punches would kill me, and it would take me hitting them about 14 times to kill them, assuming they don't eat a golden apple in the 12 seconds that would take.

Applying the numbers to the dumbest diamond user ever... So if they are unarmed, the odds are "ever in my favor", but let's give them a wooden sword... 6 hits and I'm dead, 9 if I eat a gold apple before the fight. If they have the worst weapon in game, they STILL out %dps me by almost double. And trust me, they don't walk around in p1 diamond wielding wooden tools, they bring enchanted iron, at minimum. Even if you gave us strength 2 potions in the shop, you do realize not even that would make these fights fair?

The numbers behind %dps balancing... All it would do is boost our %dps to about a third of their own, allowing us to stand a chance. But at the same time, sharp 5 + 40% unlockable damage = one hitting everyone whom lacks prot 3 iron or better... But at the same time, 10$ to kill a bunch of /kit paladin's ?? They wouldn't do that, its garunteed loss, but 10$ to be able to deal a real number value to the teams of the server, rather than 35$ to buff TEAMS, which brings me to the last point. You sell splash buff potions at prices no one except the huge teams that farm noobs could afford. They are likely to set up a turn system to spread out the cost of the buff potions to each teammate. Three people make str pots effectively cost 12$ each, the huge 6 man teams can buff up for under 6$... Explain to me how that isn't encouraging huge teams???

Last edited:

Dacon

Owner
OWNER
xDacon
xDacon
Owner
Ratings
4,749 83
I don't know if you'll be able to prevent large scale teaming of already OP players, but let's think about it logically just in case my train of thought inspires a solution...

The reason teams are nessasarry is because to take down a lone p2 diamond or better player, it takes no less than 4 people using 6.25 damage per hit to take them down effectively, 2 of them rushing in together and flanking, and the other 2 sniping/regening health.
But our "loner" can avoid this by simply teaming up with an equally OP player. It would now take tactically luring them apart and 8 people working coherently in 2 teams of 4 to kill them. And eventually, they reach OP team sizes of 6-7 and become effectively invincible, as no more than 7 people can engage on player in combat at a time without specialty suited terrian.
Let's just say 30 people are on kit pvp at all times. Let's also say 15% of all players donate to a degree. This means they can make money faster by unlocking more and more players they can effectively kill, and essentially means they will complete p4 diamond weeks before normal players. Let's say 5% are vast or higher, and in those kits can take owin man teams and win. Think of it like a <<high breed>> of players. There's not many of them, and fighting each other is faaar more tedious and resource intensive than an extra set of broken /vast is worth to them. There's no point in fighting each other, even if they both have teams and one is clearly stronger than the other. Some of their team is highly likely to die fighting another <<high breed>> team. As such they divy the map into areas, jungle, field, palace, sand town, and chapel valley, the field being the best noon hunting grounds for the easy cash and non renewable resources , I.e. ender pearls and g apples neccassary to fight other <<high breed>> teams, and the teams at field, chapel valley, and palace thrive off of easy kills on non OP players. And as the noob supply is ample and ready for the slaughter, there's no point in risking a fight with equally equipped foes unless they come to your position, which gives you a better chance of not being repelled.

A solutional.
In an mmorps I play, they had the same problem. No one chose high risk fights over garunteed easy, farmable loot. Then they added a system called <<Bounty Hunter>>, which determined the value and quality of your gear, and then gave you a name of a player with similar stats, and an arrow showing you their general direction. Killing THAT EXACT PLAYER before killing anyone else yielded rare, high quality weapons, armor, potions, and even cash rewards...

A similar system would encourage betrayals amongst the large teams, Because their teammates name popped up, and they valued the chance at, I don't know, a sword that holding it gives strength lvl .3, which is ~ 6.8% damage bonus, and that fear that your friends are likely to be assigned to kill you for loots far better than even a week of noob farming would make it incredibly unlikely to see teams larger than 3 people, because they would have to know each other IRL to have resist the urge to kill for the chance of a crazy good weapon.

Head possible potion effects: negative value on the hunger rebuff, resistance?
Torso possible potion effects: regen, fire resist
Legging possible potion effects: jump boost, speed, fire resist
Boot possible potion effects: speed, jump boost, damage seeping.

Damage seeping is Something I'm not sure about, but my understanding is its like thorns except different, it deals area of effect damage based upon the damage taken. Typically it only works when falling, poisoned or on fire though, unlike thorns. Hence its useful to have even with full thorns

Also, because before keeping exp on death, there was an issue with forced teleports to people whom had just leveled up, and its likely the same problem would occur with rare drops, to fix this preemptively, the item should be dropped into their player vault, and if it is full, they could type a command to claim it later. Also I'd love a broadcast to occur when someone gets a rare item bounty... Also the potion drops I had in mind were resistance potions, 20 second str 5 pots that also give slowness 2 and hunger 5 for 15 seconds :p, you can deal full, unlockable damage, to anything within sword range :-D
Ah yes, Runescape. This is actually a really good idea! I'll see if it's possible with our devs

Ratings
9 2
Before we begin... You make runescape sound like its bad thing... Its unique in many ways...
*was unique in many ways.

The flaws of <<Bounty Hunter>>... I also think that, though the <<Bounty Hunter>> system is a good solution, an organized team may be able to form despite this, once they all already have obtained the best <Bounties> and no longer need to obtain the armor, have enough coins, and are set on unique potions for the time being.
My point is, even this system, regardless of how compelling my argument can be made, is also flawed. My suggestion will only prevent spontaneous large teams from popping up without warning with the old'. "Shift shift, block block" method of calling truces. But a team with discipline could still form, and now be without doubt the biggest team by a huge margin... You could use the "fallout" style plugins of acid rain to wreck armor dur, and gas clouds to give brief potions 2, and wither lightning strikes, all to only strike when x many players are within y blocks for x time... But bounty hunter AND terrain rebuffs? Sounds more like gun gale online than minevast.

The simpler solutions...
A completely off the wall idea is to just stop selling splash strength potions and instead sell, if strength potions even remain in the shop, drinkable strength potions for 15$ each that last 20 seconds, half that of a default drinking strength potion. Also, PLEASE sell speed 2 potions in the shop...

Why add speed..? Speed also zooms in your fov, which means for snipers, it adds an extra magnification to their bow. And its effects on mid range PvP are obvious, if you can strafe faster, you take less hits and have time to land more crits, effectively reducing the damage you take by half, and the damage you do is multiplied by 100%-1200% depending on the target. Half of the bonus damage dealt by grits ignores armor enchantments, but it still goes through their armor's material values. Meaning against prot 4 diamond, a crit deals 13% weapon damage. If combined with strength potions, speed two could become overpowered in the right hands, but your average player wouldn't be staffing, drifting, gibbing and still be cautious of approaching reinforcements. If you wanted skills to ALWAYS beat gear, higher speed + reasonably priced strength potions is the way to go. Also, most teams wouldn't bother using speed 2 as it takes an insane amount of time to move their group in an organized manner to a new position, the larger the team, the harder it becomes. As a result, the combat potion combo of speed + strength against stationary teams in the wide open field; you know, the one were the diamond teams camp the noobs whom drop in middle, would actually make hit and run tactics plausible, rather than one hit, and a machine gun-like barrage of flaming punch 2 power 3+ arrows, you could cause freinsly fires, disorentiation, rages, backstabbings, and everything that causes large, closely assembled teams to collapse under pressure.

The unavoidable flaw... But as with all plans, an absurdly military like amount of tactical presiscion and discipline might be able to hold their ground and use knock back tools to bat our super potted friend back in forth in a semi circle, preventing escape... But I doubt they would be capable of such a maneuver when the field takes assaults from south, west and north, even above them, constantly; the whole team focusing on one guy for even 20 seconds would cause them to be trapped in the same way... So this team would each have to be able to take on 2 people assuming its an 11 man team, and this epic battle attracts enough attention, and would take an absurd amount of skill from each member. In which case, they deserve their kills, their skills would haven't earnt it, the teams just prevents expensive infighting of that <<High Breed>> of pvp'ers I referred to earlier..

Last edited:

Itchin(Qhysics)

Forum Master
Donator
Ratings
281 37
OK. I agree with most of the stuff that Oberus said. I don't agree that donar ranks pretty much take over minevast. I earned most of my armor even though I am just premium. I am an active voter and do kit daily and I earn all of my stuff. I have p3/p4 armor all earned through starting in kitfight and killing people in diamond armor.

Jack

Dedicated Member
Retired
Ratings
178 3
You make runescape sound like its bad thing... Its unique in many ways...
*was unique in many ways.

I also think that, though the <<Bounty Hunter>> system is a good solution, an organized team may be able to form despite this, once they all already have obtained the best <Bounties> and no longer need to obtain the armor, have enough coins, and are set on unique potions for the time being.
My point is, even this system, regardless of how compelling my argument can be made, is also flawed. My suggestion will only prevent spontaneous large teams from popping up without warning with the old'. "Shift shift, block block" method of calling truces. But a team with discipline could still form, and now be without doubt the biggest team by a huge margin... You could use the "fallout" style plugins of acid rain to wreck armor dur, and gas clouds to give brief potions 2, and wither lightning strikes, all to only strike when x many players are within y blocks for x time... But bounty hunter AND terrain rebuffs? Sounds more like gun gale online than minevast. A completely off the wall idea is to just stop selling splash strength potions and instead sell, if strength potions even remain in the shop, drinkable strength potions for 15$ each that last 20 seconds, half that of a default drinking strength potion. Also, PLEASE sell speed 2 potions in the shop... Speed also zooms in your fov, which means for snipers, it adds an extra magnification to their bow. And its effects on mid range PvP are obvious, if you can strafe faster, you take less hits and have time to land more crits, effectively reducing the damage you take by half, and the damage you do is multiplied by 100%-1200% depending on the target. Half of the bonus damage dealt by grits ignores armor enchantments, but it still goes through their armor's material values. Meaning against prot 4 diamond, a crit deals 13% weapon damage. If combined with strength potions, speed two could become overpowered in the right hands, but your average player wouldn't be staffing, drifting, gibbing and still be cautious of approaching reinforcements. If you wanted skills to ALWAYS beat gear, higher speed + reasonably priced strength potions is the way to go. Also, most teams wouldn't bother using speed 2 as it takes an insane amount of time to move their group in an organized manner to a new position, the larger the team, the harder it becomes. As a result, the combat potion combo of speed + strength against stationary teams in the wide open field; you know, the one were the diamond teams camp the noobs whom drop in middle, would actually make hit and run tactics plausible, rather than one hit, and a machine gun-like barrage of flaming punch 2 power 3+ arrows, you could cause freinsly fires, disorentiation, rages, bqckstabbings, and everything that causes large, closely assembled teams to collapse under pressure. But as with all plans, an absurdly military like amount of tactical presiscion and discipline might be able to hold their ground and use knock back tools to bat our super potted friend back in forth in a semi circle, preventing escape... But I doubt they would be capable of such a maneuver when the field takes assaults from south, west and north, even above them, constantly; the whole team focusing on one guy for even 20 seconds would cause them to be trapped in the same way... So this team would each have to be able to take on 2 people assuming its an 11 man team, and this epic battle attracts enough attention, and would take an absurd amount of skill from each member. In which case, they deserve their kills, their skills would haven't earnt it, the teams just prevents expensive infighting of that <<High Breed>> of pvp'ers I referred to earlier..
@oberus123 - I know you like to write a lot (as seen in many of your posts), which is good since some people only write a few words, but it would really help if you divided things into paragraphs to separate the similar ideas and points you're trying to make.
Because at the moment most of your posts are a massive block of text I really don't want to have to read.

Just a tip; You don't have to do it, but if you did I would probably read your posts lol :hat: