This is not Mineville

DontDoubtMe

ELITE
DontDoubtMe
DontDoubtMe
ELITE
Ratings
21 1
Now what staff member decided to implement the VPN/PROXY ban? When you live half way across the world from where the server is located a VPN can do wonders. Playing without a VPN is absolutely terrible on this server! Especially when you ping sits at a constant 300-700 without it, good job staff! Let's make Manacube the new Mineville! Smh

Hallowqueen

Olympus | Mod+
Moderator+
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod+
Ratings
2,324 82
Hello!

I understand your frustration, however, this is a decision the owners decided to make. Staff have no say in this, but if you have any suggestions or issues, you’re welcome to make them public.

Currently there has been no public announcement/clarification for this decision, but hopefully there will be one soon. If not, and it seems to be causing more of an issue than it’s there to resolve, I have no doubts the owners will change this back.

I do apologise for any inconvenience caused, and you are welcome to vent your frustrations! However, this is not a moderation staff issue.

DontDoubtMe

ELITE
DontDoubtMe
DontDoubtMe
ELITE
Ratings
21 1
Hey I understand where you are coming from but that is ridiculous that the owners don't actually ask the opinions of their staff members on these changes they make and how it may effect the server overall. Communication between staff and Admin should be priority before any changes are made! These constant random changes to the server are ruining it and a lot of players are leaving because of it. I'm sure I'm not the only one who used a VPN to connect in order to get a better connection so I'm sure many players will not be happy about this absolutely random change. I will not be playing on this server anymore because of this

Hallowqueen

Olympus | Mod+
Moderator+
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod+
Ratings
2,324 82
I am very sorry to hear that, I again completely understand your frustration with the situation, and I hope it will be resolved to make both the owners and the community happy shortly. It seems to be a recent change, and may not be set in stone - things are constantly changing and growing along with the network, so hopefully a conclusion to make both parties happy will be reached ASAP.

DontDoubtMe

ELITE
DontDoubtMe
DontDoubtMe
ELITE
Ratings
21 1
they said ranked player can 'bypass' that vpn/proxy ban o_O
How is that fair for Non ranked players? It will immediately deter a new player from joining the server if they tried to join using a VPN thus never actually even getting a rank?

jasper_

Forum God
MVP
jaspernotcasper_
jaspernotcasper_
MVP
Ratings
1,232 233
I’m not that smartest person, but I feel like this should be fixed whatever this meand

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
You really be pushing people to spend money on your server, not everyone has money to spend just to get a better connection lmao
Just saying most VPNs cost money, so in theory you are paying money to get a better connection

Dacon

Owner
OWNER
xDacon
xDacon
Owner
Ratings
4,753 83
In almost every case a VPN doesn't improve your ping, it does the opposite.
Your ping will be artificially lower, but that's the ping from the VPN server to our server, which is not including your ping from your internet to the VPN server

We block VPNs to prevent ban evading and spam bots. Ranked players should bypass this restriction though, i'll look into why it's not working for you.

DontDoubtMe

ELITE
DontDoubtMe
DontDoubtMe
ELITE
Ratings
21 1
Hi Dacon, I use an app called Noping which does improve my ping drastically. I live in the middle of nowhere so it is very beneficial for me.
Yeh not sure why I am not able to connect when I am a Elite/patron. Thanks

DontDoubtMe

ELITE
DontDoubtMe
DontDoubtMe
ELITE
Ratings
21 1
I
In almost every case a VPN doesn't improve your ping, it does the opposite.
Your ping will be artificially lower, but that's the ping from the VPN server to our server, which is not including your ping from your internet to the VPN server

We block VPNs to prevent ban evading and spam bots. Ranked players should bypass this restriction though, i'll look into why it's not working for you.
Also fully understand why you would want to implement the VPN to help prevent banned used from evading etc but the sudden change with no Announcements was strange.

DontDoubtMe

ELITE
DontDoubtMe
DontDoubtMe
ELITE
Ratings
21 1
Ill just leave this here for you to find the issue I have to deal with now, Maybe one day (ONE DAY!) We ranked players will be able to connect with a VPN again.

Attachments