Top 10 Hardest Insane Maps (in my opinion)

DS_Derek

ELITE
DS_Derek
DS_Derek
ELITE
Ratings
I think everyone at this point has seen GamersDecision's list, and since then most people know that it is kind of outdated, and I get a decent amount of questions about which insanes are top 10 worthy, so I figure I should just make my own GamersDecision esque forum post about my opinion of the top 10. Keep in mind that all of these placements are my opinion, which means that the placements are really only benchmarks to give you a feel for how hard the map is, not its absolute difficulty. Enjoy!

1. Wolyung
1684036712617.png

I think that anyone who has played insanes before knows that this is widely considered to be the hardest map on the server. It's quite long, and has a lot of technical parkour: including water blips, far distance jumps, chains, and jumps around corners. Despite its difficulty, this map is pretty well built and fun. The hardest checkpoints in my opinion are the second to last, and the third (that ends in the water to ladder jump).

2. Diver
1684037036785.png

This in my opinion is locked in at number 2, similar to how wolyung is locked in at number 1 in most people's opinions. Also a very long map, and probably the newest map on this list, it features a lot of technical parkour with some long and unforgiving checkpoints. A lot of jumps on this map are weird unique neos and cross neos, which requires good turning and strafing. The hardest checkpoint on this map in my opinion is the one that ends with the slime jump from the ladder (where the laughing emoji is). I honestly wouldn't be surprised if someone had the opinion that this was harder than wolyung, because of the average difficulty of the jumps.

3. WiiFitTrainer
1684037466928.png

This map does not feel as long as the first two maps on this list, but is still very hard because of a few checkpoints. This is also the first placement where I can see people disagreeing with me, and I can honestly see this placing anywhere from 3 to 8. For me though, a lot of jumps on this map are unintuitive for people who have not encountered similar technical jumps on other maps in other places, which is why I rank this map so high. I remember struggling with this map a decent amount even after beating some very hard parkour courses in other places. The hardest checkpoint in my opinion is the one right before the inside section, however I have been told that this map is carried by the first checkpoint, so beware of that as well I guess.

4. Ivy
1684037823419.png

I'm sure a lot of people who have played insanes before are also not surprised that this places high. In my opinion, Ivy is one of the most balanced top 10s, which really helps my enjoyment for this map. This also means that I think most of the checkpoints and jumps are around the same difficulty, so I do not have an opinion on what the hardest checkpoint is. This also features a very difficult bonus parkour for players who have already completed all insanes, and I would recommend giving that a try if you want a hard challenge (note: this bonus parkour is harder than wolyung).

5. SungJin-Woo (I have now done this without cps)
1684038439246.png

SungJin-Woo in my opinion is a pretty obvious choice for top 10, featuring a 45 strafe at the beginning and end of the map as well as some very long checkpoints near the beginning and in the middle and one checkpoint with an annoying head to block neo, that really can only be done consistently with sidestep. I can definitely see some people thinking that this doesn't deserve to be as high as it is, but I've always found this map to be deserving of a top 10 spot. The hardest checkpoint in my opinion are the first and last checkpoints in the inside section.

6. TheSimpsons (I have now done this without cps)
1684038724904.png

I'm not super familiar with my manacube history, but I'm pretty sure this is the oldest if not one of the oldest maps on this list. This map, although widely considered to be terrible, will always be one of my favorites because it is iconic in my eyes and is what inspired me to get into hard parkour in the first place. A lot of people are familiar with this map's terrible balancing, with the hardest checkpoints being the living room (ends with a block to ladder neo), and the triple kyroh checkpoint. (The triple kyroh I recently found out can be easily done in 1.19: there is a no turn no strafe jam strategy... in 1.8.9, it is probably the hardest jump on the entire server). I am pretty sure I find this easier than most people just because I've played it so much to get my current personal best time of under ten minutes, but I still think it deserves a spot in the top 10. This was also GamersDecision's choice for the top 1 a few years ago in the original forum post that I'm basing mine off of.

7. TheArcher
1684039170333.png

TheArcher was another one of GamersDecision's picks for top 10 a few years ago that I completely agree with. Although this map has gotten easier with time, this map still features a lot of technical parkour with weird corner jumps and neos, that are not necessarily intuitive. I also find this map to be relatively poorly balanced, with the hardest checkpoints being the first one, and the first one after the teleport (after climbing up the bow).

8. Gameboy
1684039350117.png

This is the last of the maps on GamersDecision's original list that I am putting on the current top 10 list, gameboy is known for being extremely bad. There are many forced headhitter jumps, especially in one of the later checkpoints, and overall the parkour just isn't very fun or satisfying to pull off. There's also luck vine spam in the inside hallway checkpoint which isn't great either. I mostly just find this map hard because of the headhitter spam and because of how bad it is, because I easily get frustrated at it. When I first did this map, I vowed to never do it again..... now I have like 5 completions on it but we don't talk about that. The hardest checkpoint in my opinion is the one with the headhitter spam, where you climb across the blue GAMEBOY letters. The second checkpoint that starts with a squeeze is also pretty tricky because of the last jump: the brewing stand to ladder (probably the hardest jump in the map).

9. Pochita
1684039600565.png

This is a map that I don't see talked about often, but I don't really understand why. This map is pretty long, with some of the checkpoints being absolutely brutal because of some of the hard jumps. I can understand if some people think that this isn't top 10 material, but in my opinion this is still a higher end insane in terms of difficulty that should be recognized. The hardest checkpoint in my opinion is the first checkpoint when you get inside.

10. Frogmachine
1684039784050.png

Although the build is goofy, in my opinion this map is very well balanced and fun to play, although I've heard the exact opposite from some of my friends. This map feels quite long, with many checkpoints having difficult jumps in them. As I think this map is pretty well balanced, I don't really have an opinion for the hardest checkpoint, although I do recognize that there are definitely easier and harder checkpoints. This is another map that is super variable in terms of placement: some people put it higher than SungJin-Woo, while I don't think it's as bad as some people say.

Well, that's my opinion of the top 10 hardest insanes! Again, a lot of these can be acceptable higher or lower on this list and some of them you might think aren't top 10 worthy at all, but this is my opinion after beating every single insane on the server twice, and many top 10s more than 3 times. I also want to mention that I am currently making a strategy sheet for a lot of higher end insanes so that people can feel less intimidated about attempting them, so if you're curious/interested just message me in game for access. I would highly encourage anyone who is thinking about attempting one of these maps to just go for it, as you might surprise yourself. As with GamersDecision's original forum post, I will include the maps that could potentially be on your top 10, as I find them to be higher end insanes that still gave me some trouble. I am fairly confident that I will have included all insanes in this forum post that are on everyone's top 10 with the honorable mentions.

Honorable mentions:
Parthenon
2B
DHMIS6
MushroomCastle
Musicpark
UpwardsJourney
Opera
Venti
Creatorshand
No-Face

SaturnV
Zadkiel
Regirock
Forklift
Wendigo
LadyDimitrescu
Toothiana
ElAteneo

Last edited:

senatvs

PATRON
Senatvs
Senatvs
Patron
Ratings
22 2
im surprised to hear that the 1st checkpoint of archer is the hardest cause i fluked that with a 1 shot and never thought about it again. other than that, this is a very solid top 10 and i actually have the exact same ten maps in my personal list, although some vary in position (frogmachine lol)