Rejected Torii Gate - Resubmission

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Creator: MagicMysteryGuy
  • Map Name: Torii Gate
  • Plot ID: -87;26 /plot v magicmysteryguy 3
  • Difficulty: Medium
  • Number of jumps: 40+
I have added complexity and detail to the build itself, as well as fixing the parkour. I received complaints about the build looking messy with parkour in the air, so I moved it closer to the mountain so it looks more integrated with the build. Furthermore, I added variation to the jumps, as well as insuring the jumps were not too difficult for a medium.
Screen Shot 2020-03-01 at 5.03.00 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-01 at 5.03.49 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-01 at 5.03.38 PM.png

Attachments

JJ (_ThatGuyJJ_)

Dedicated Member
MVP
5p1eef
5p1eef
MVP
Ratings
47 6
I think all aspects of this build have been much improved. This is a great map (now). GL!

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
977 851
When are they going to decide if it gets accepted??
whenever a staff member that has the "Map Judge" Title, and decides to reply if its accepted or rejected,or put into reviewing

sapqhire

Forum Master
ELITE
sapqhire
sapqhire
ELITE
Ratings
365 9
Hello MagicMysteryGuy,

Unfortunately, I will be Rejecting your map.
Like mentioned in your previous submissions, the theme is original, and the build is accurate. It does still look quite simple, but I do understand you don't have much to work with considering what you are trying to build, might be worth though, seeing if you are able to tweak any minor details, or use any different blocks throughout the build.
The parkour does have variety which is good, however there were a few small repetitive sections, but nothing too bad. I would just suggest trying to keep the consistency of variety up throughout the entire map.
I found it to be a bit confusing at points, try to have a bit of a clearer path, or add more signs/indications on where to go, it might also be helpful to make it clearer as to where blocks like barriers are, you could do this by placing something like an item frame on one of the barriers in the area, just to make it a bit clearer for whoever is doing the map.
You did improve on some areas of the floating jumps, but it still was quite floaty, especially in the back, I understand it is difficult to avoid this due to the nature of the build, but still try to implement the parkour into the build as much as possible, even if you were to go down on to the terrain to avoid having the jumps floating too much.
The difficulty was generally good for a medium map, however there were a couple of jumps that were too difficult, try to keep the difficulty consistent throughout the map.
The length is good for a medium map.

Thanks for submitting your map! I hope to see more maps from you in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.