• Difficulty (Easy, Medium, Hard, Expert, Insane): Easy/Medium
  • Number of jumps (Optional): About 45 jumps and 6 checkpoints

Sean

VIP
gligew
gligew
VIP
Ratings
Ok on this map I just have a few comments.
Theme - 3/5, I have seen at least one other bridge map, but it was more like an old, weathered bridge, while this is like a new, modern bridge. The build is fairly decent, and the map definitely looks like a bridge.
Difficulty - 4/5, The difficulty and length of this map is definitely more like a medium map, and most of the jumps are pretty much how a medium map's jumps are supposed to be.
Parkour - 2/5, While the parkour is somewhat varied, the variation of blocks could be better. Throughout the whole map, there are only 3 types of jumps, ladders, block to blocks, and fences, and most of them are just normal. While things like cakes, slabs, daylight sensors, piston heads, vines, and brewing stands may look unappealing, it causes the parkour to be more varied and sometimes more fun. Try to vary the types of blocks you use.
I'm not a mapper or moderator, but I do have a lot of hours on parkour and these are just my opinions.

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey Nuxly,

Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING this map submission.
  • Theme: As we have our fair share of bridge-related maps currently on our server, this is a very unoriginally themed map submission. I recommend that you look at our list of previously used maps/themes as to prevent such things: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lZKQZMgGev6fXyhZ8nCPkTzNIj0yOjXjUTDvfzKNzl4/edit .
  • Build: In my opinion, the build is okay but lacks in a couple of areas. On one hand, you did portray your theme accurately enough and have a central build. But, the build itself is really bland and not creative. It looks like your average bridge map. You didn't do much with the beams, the road is pretty narrow, the parkour is floating about and hinders the attractiveness of it by quite a bit, the cables don't fit well, and a bunch of other things that prove to make the build rather undetailed and poorly shaped.
  • Parkour: The parkour does not fit the medium difficulty difficulty-wise, but it does lengthwise. So you either buff the parkour or cut back on a couple of jumps and make it an easy map. Furthermore, I found the parkour to be quite repetitive to do as you utilized ladders almost the majority of the time. You have to use a wider array of blocks/jumps so that your parkour is fun to do.
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.