Rejected TowerOfAscension - Insane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ratings
Good luck! Seems great to me! I'm not good enough to do a insane rated one but I hope it gets accepted. The only thing is that the tower theme isn't original. Hopefully if you could make it seem like it is more of a Roblox related tower by having decorations that clearly state it, it will be accepted! If you don't get it accepted this time, try and try again. It is amazing that you are submitting a map but to become a well respected mapper on Manacube, it takes patience and trial & error. I really hope you read this and build more great things in the future! Also remember, most maps aren't accepted because of their looks, variation, and difficulty. Most maps are rejected because of a unoriginal theme! :)

8d2

Ratings
Good luck! Seems great to me! I'm not good enough to do a insane rated one but I hope it gets accepted. The only thing is that the tower theme isn't original. Hopefully if you could make it seem like it is more of a Roblox related tower by having decorations that clearly state it, it will be accepted! If you don't get it accepted this time, try and try again. It is amazing that you are submitting a map but to become a well respected mapper on Manacube, it takes patience and trial & error. I really hope you read this and build more great things in the future! Also remember, most maps aren't accepted because of their looks, variation, and difficulty. Most maps are rejected because of a unoriginal theme! :)
Yeah, I get that it may not seem like it has a Roblox theme at a first glance. I'm sure that at least 97% of Manacube parkour players (I'm being generous with that number) don't play Juke's Towers of Hell, so I'm going to take the opportunity to explain the theming a bit more while I still can.
Basically, Juke's Towers of Hell is a Roblox obby game, which is basically the Roblox equivalent of a Minecraft parkour. The goal of the game is to beat various tower-style, checkpoint-free obbies of varying difficulty (my tower has checkpoints on each floor, in accordance with the suggestion of a mapper). The game itself is divided into two worlds: Obren's Inferno (themed on Dante's circles of hell; "Obren" refers to ObrenTune, the creator of the game), and the Spatial System (themed on the solar system). Because Obren's Inferno is the original world, I chose to use some of its elements in my theme; the small islands surrounding the tower reflect the game's depiction of hell as you go deeper into the Inferno (grassy, then cavernous, then volcanic). Furthermore, the stone structure in front of the tower is a sort-of recreation of the Ring 1 lobby:
(Below: a recreation of the Ring 1 viewing area, which is shown at the beginning of the video)
2020-11-12_14.38.09.png

The tower itself is inspired by the Tower of Difficulty Chart in Ring 2, whose difficulty increases as you ascend the tower. The color of each floor is the same as the color of each official difficulty within Juke's Towers of Hell, where the first floor is green (easy, the easiest difficulty) and the last floor is white (catastrophic, the hardest difficulty). Because of this, difficulty itself could also be considered a theme of this tower. https://jtoh.fandom.com/wiki/Tower_of_Difficulty_Chart

zzykrkv

Dedicated Member
VIP+
zzykrkv
zzykrkv
VIP+
Ratings
202 5
HOW DO I CLIMB LADDERS IN ROBOX THEY KEEP BOUNCING ME OFF WHEN I JUMP ON

8d2

Ratings
Also: I buffed the last floor because I figured it wasn't much harder than the previous floor. I also extended the second-to-last floor because it felt short. This probably increases the total jump count by 15-20.

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
Hello 8d2,

I regret to inform you that your map is being rejected.
The theme is unoriginal, as we have an abundance of tower maps already (Tower, WaterTower, TowerPK, ObsidianTower, RedTower.) Before creating a map, please make sure that the theme has not already been done before by going here and clicking the google doc in the thread: https://manacube.com/threads/parkour-list-with-theme.20194/
The build is alright; it is kind of plain with it only being a rectangle structure, so maybe try adding more shape to it.
The parkour is repetitive throughout, so make sure you incorporate different types of jumps throughout your entire map! The difficulty is inconsistent throughout; I understand that this is part of your theme, but most Manacube maps focus on one specific difficulty throughout. The length of the map is good for the Insane difficulty.

Thank you for submitting this map, I would love to see more submissions from you!
Have a nice day,
Kristina

Status
Not open for further replies.