Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
878 13
Hello there,
I would give this map a -1 sadly. The theme is not original, since there's already a medium map called TrainStation that was added in April.
This map also lacks a main build, as in there's no main structure that the build is on, in, or around. In the future, try to make a structure that is based on the theme :) You can look for examples on recently accepted maps as to what I mean by main build on the server at /warp beta, or check the Accepted maps subforum!
There's also the issue that this parkour is mostly floating, and there's not much variety in the blocks used to make the jumps. There are also clear sections in the parkour (as in, you can refer to the parkour in sections by jump name, and not by checkpoint: the normal jumps, the pane section, etc.) Try to use more unique blocks to make a unique and interesting course! You can use heads, brewing stands, chests, water, piston heads, etc. in your parkour as some examples of interesting blocks.
The length is good for a Medium, so good job with that :)

Please note that while I may be staff, I am not a Map Judge, so I have no say as to whether your map gets accepted or not. I just like to give feedback on map submissions to help improve people's skills in the community. Good luck with your submission!

GamersDecision

Forum Expert
ELITE
GamersDecision
GamersDecision
ELITE
Ratings
255 2
Hello delvepower!
I can't give you a full review on the map since I am unable to play before sunday! However I want to say that I agree with Quinny, the theme is unoriginal and you need to have a main build.

Good Luck! :D

Bloro

Forum Legend
ELITE
Bloro_
Bloro_
ELITE
Ratings
1,110 14
Hi delvepower, I am here to give my honest opinion on this map. (I am just giving my opinion, this will not affect the final result)
I am going to give this map a -1, which means I think it will get rejected. And here is why.

1. The theme and originality: The theme is not original. There is a Medium map called TrainStation added last month, and I think you should read Shinx's map list to check the existing maps first so that you don't clash into other themes of existing maps. Click here to read it.

2. The build: Wait, build? There IS no build in this map! Manacube Parkours must have to have a main build in order to get accepted. So unfortunately, you do not have a build and lack the requirements.

3. The parkour: The parkour is very very floaty. Almost all of the parkour is floating in the air, but I guess that's just because there IS not central build for the parkour to stick to. The parkour is also very repetitive, there are only a few variations like the normal jumps, glass pane jumps and ladder jumps. Those variations are also very separate and unvaried, which can make the parkour very boring and not fun to play. I suggest adding more block variations in the jump like what Quinny mentioned above.

Once again, this is just my opinion on the map, not the official judging on the map.
And also, I hope that this post does not make you lose confidence in yourself, and I think that you should continue making more maps!
Good luck, delvepower!

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
Hello delvepower,

I regret to inform you that your map is being rejected.
The theme is unoriginal, as we already have several maps with this theme (Train, TrainStation, AbandonedTrainWreck.) Before creating a map, please make sure that the theme has not already been done before by going here: https://manacube.com/threads/parkour-list-with-theme.20194/
The build is a bit
plain in the sense that the build is only train tracks, as opposed to a train station. If you are going to go for a map like this, I recommend having a bigger structure; that way, you have something your parkour can build off of!
The parkour is a bit repetitive with the use of ladders and straightforward jumps. Try to incorporate different jump styles throughout your entire map! This may include: vines, water, lava, heads, and many more different jump types! The length of the course is good for the medium difficulty, but the jumps are a bit easy.

Thank you for submitting your map, I would love to see more submissions from you!
Have a nice day,
Kristina

Status
Not open for further replies.