Rejected Tree Monkey - Insane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skonwork

Map Maker - ID: 11;-14 or /plot visit Skonwork 1
Difficulty: Insane
With being only approximately 100 jumps and about 20 off the recommended number of jumps for Insane we believe it makes it to Insane difficulty with some of the challenging jumps we have implemented into the course.
Number of Jumps: Roughly 100
Built by Kongonwarrior, Skonwork & GriffenGlade69
Shoutout to GriffenGlade69!
Thank you for taking your time in examining this course, We hope you like it and have a great day! :)

Last edited:

Shinxray

SrMod | Parkour Manager
Senior Mod
Shinxray
Shinxray
Senior Mod
Ratings
692 11
Review c:
The theme :
Not really original theme, there is already some map with "Monkey" or "jungle" theme.
If you want to find if your theme is already use, i've already do a parkour list, so check it out ! (self-promotion looooo) Link :http://forums.manacube.com/threads/parkour-list-with-theme.20194/

The build :
Could be better, I like the start of your parkour and your floating island, but I don't like the end because the tree is just a normal Jungle tree from minecraft, try to add some detail on it :p. Also I don't really like your monkey because it's look like a minecraft skin so that means it's maybe pick from a real skin/ from Internet (Same problem as a pixel art).

The jumps :
There is not a lot of variation of block, there is just normal jump and ladder/vine (and one cobblestone wall), so try to add fence/Ice/slime etc.
I really like the tree part (Even if I don't like his looks), because the vine part is pretty original and challenging.
The snake part is original but try to push your idea further away because this part is a bit short and easy. (There is already a map using this idea of snake jump (Cobra), so try to inspired it a bit).
For the number of jump, I think 100 is the lowest for a Insane if your parkour is quite hard, and here, your parkour is hard enough to be a Insane map (Maybe a bit easy at some part ?).
There is some part (Especially on the Monkey) who is a bit confusing (like here :
So please put some sign to point out the way.

My opinion :
I think it's not gonna be accepted, there is too many "negatives" point like the theme or your tree, but I think you can do some good thing because you have some original idea on the jumps, so don't give up !

Don't forget that is just my opinion; a real map judger (Txilsy or Shron) can accepted your map if they wants !

Last edited:

horsebossmaster

MVP
Ratings
107 7
I like the build, but the theme isn't really original

<3horse

KazukiVIRUS

Ratings
43 1
I think it's a pretty good map yes there is a monkey themed map on the server already but that course is located on easy this one aims for insane/expert difficulty and there are no other courses like it in this difficulty. another good point about this course is while it's supposed to be insane it's actually not rage-worthy difficulty and has some pretty unique jumps that aren't too extreme either.
The bad point of this map for me is actually the start I don't like the leaf maze thing at the beginning. Could it be accepted? Maybe, map judges insane used Minecraft skins for parkour and was accepted so it might have a chance

Ratings
15 2
This is good but It looks pretty easy for Insane. Maybe make the jumps harder or add more difficult jumps.

Sincerely, Exi <3

Thank you for your feedback guys, I actually revamped the monkey to make it look more realistic and less like of an minecraft skin. I hope I did a good job with that part.

KazukiVIRUS

Ratings
43 1
I'll take a look when I get online mate in uni right now so can't

Txilsy

Forum Expert
VIP
Ratings
273 2
Helloo,

Thanks for submitting your map! I've come to inform you that this map will be rejected.

Your theme is decently original, but still a bit odd. The beginning isn't too nice either, that being the snake part. It is a bit confusing and doesn't look too attractive. Remember, you are always free to resubmit. If you wish to, I'd suggest to work on the beginning part and get rid of the part where one of the paths lead to a dead end. The monkey also looks a bit dodgy, but it'd be a bit harder to work on that. Overall, the jumps are nice and have decent variety as well as originality. Keep up the great work and keep on improving.

Thanks again for submitting, we'd love to see another map sometime soon, so don't hesitate on making and submitting another one. :)
Also, if you have any questions or concerns, just PM me here on the forums or on Discord.

Submission format: http://forums.manacube.com/threads/must-read-map-submission-information-format.649/
List of current maps/themes: http://forums.manacube.com/threads/parkour-list-with-theme.20194/#post-73063
Map difficulty guide: http://forums.manacube.com/threads/map-difficulty-guide.16797/

Status
Not open for further replies.