Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey mmmmmyespetfroge,

Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING this map submission.
  • Theme: It's a shame that I have to say this but the theme you have chosen is not original due to our map "Valley", which resembles your map in both theme and build greatly. You can avoid this in the future by taking a look at our previously used themes list: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lZKQZMgGev6fXyhZ8nCPkTzNIj0yOjXjUTDvfzKNzl4/edit# .
  • Build: Personally, I think that the build was well-executed. You've accurately portrayed your theme through some really good shaping (the terrain and hills were shaped well) and detailing (small details like the bridge, river, vines, etc. make the map much more sophisticated). The only issue is that it looks quite similar to "Valley". As we don't want such similar builds on our server, this build is not in an acceptable state.
  • Parkour: The parkour felt long and hard enough for the medium difficulty, but it had some issues. First of all, the CP placement was not very good. The 2nd cp (from the vines roughly up until the cobble part) was incredibly long, proving to be a very difficult segment. And the 3rd cp was also quite lengthy. Overall, this map could do with one or two more CPs, just to maintain that balance y'know? Furthermore, the map was also quite straightforward. Many times as I did the parkour I felt like I was doing the same thing, be it walking around on the vines over the water or path, jumping from fence to fence, or doing the jumps at the end. It just felt rather one note. Try to incorporate a wider variety of jumps/blocks into your parkour, don't be afraid to experiment!
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.