Turn Keep Inventory Off

pvp

ELITE
phvnt
phvnt
ELITE
Ratings
59 7
Anyone who started playing Survival this season or has been playing throughout the season knows about the realm PVP arena randomly being changed from traditional PVP (keep inventory off) to having to keep inventory put back on, and making a new arena called Abyss. Although this has attracted much more attention to the PVP arena in spawn, there have been 0 notable instances where fights between relevant players with good gear have happened in Abyss.

Not only has the keep inventory arena been the only arena where people fight now, isles world from Icehaven - Burninglands have all lost most traffic as well, which Icehaven specifically was used before as the keep inventory arena, and the one in spawn was used as the traditional PVP arena. Since the chance, Isles has lost meaning for many players (besides its intended purpose of farming) and also made the SSV market drastically change for the worst.

For example, before keep inventory was turned off a Dragon Helmet was around 350 cubits, although expensive it was the best helmet. Not only would you have to grind to get the helmet, but you would also need to grind other aspects of Survival to get 3,000 souls to buy a holy protection scroll if you wanted to keep your helmet when you died. Now that keep inventory was turned on, prices have skyrocketed heavily, with Dragon Helmets being sold for no less than 750 cubits, and in rare cases as much as 900 cubits. Not only is this outrageous but it's a direct cause of PVP being changed to a no-risk activity for anyone. ]

Dragon Helmets are likely the most sought-after armor piece on the entire realm of Survival at the moment, and that's because anyone who has it has a good advantage over the rest of their competition, and there is no risk factor using it either because souls have become entirely useless to the PVP community, holy protection scrolls aren't needed anymore because nobody wants to use the keep inventory disabled arenas, so anyone with a dragon helm will have a permanent advantage over everyone else without having to work for that advantage.

There are many other SSV items that I can go over that have had the same effect happen to them and its ridiculous that the best PVP set money can buy on Survival currently costs around 3,700 cubits and there's no risk in wearing it (like there should if you're paying that much to PVP). Keep inventory has ruined PVP on survival, and there was no reason to change it because a few people whined about it (when Icehaven already existed and attracted a good amount of players before the change, now zero) and it shouldn't have been tampered with.

For the sake of the PVP community on Survival, I'm asking for you to revert these changes when the next season is released, it will drastically help newer players grinding to earn their spot "at the top" as PVP goes, and with the rising demand of "invulnerability" with these overpriced SSV sets keep inventory being enabled upon death is only going to make overpowered items skyrocket even more, with there being zero risk factor with using them.

Shortened Version: Turning keep inventory on has ruined PVP and made SSV prices skyrocket due to there being zero risk factors. Revert PVP, make isles popular again, remove Abyss because nobody uses it, and make the main spawn arena keep inventory disabled.

Change PVP for the better

Jeaen

ELITE
Jeaen
Jeaen
ELITE
Ratings
17 2
I completely agree, pvp is less fun and thee eco for svas are messed up and it makes new players unable to compete. turning off keep inv will allow for more players to experience it and for top pvpers to be real top pvpers, not just top spenders.

pvp

ELITE
phvnt
phvnt
ELITE
Ratings
59 7
I'm not going to disagree with this post, ever since the small change of making keep inventory off in PvP arena the svas market has somewhat skyrocketed in price. A proud item, the holly scroll, as mentioned above, once 1c per, now reduced to as little as 0.3c. Ever since this, svas, such as tentacles, posiden helmet, etc (any decent PvP gear) have been harder to obtain, and some pieces along with the dragon helmet, such as Eros boots have also pretty much 2x, or sometimes even 3x in price. What was once a 1 day grind as now turned into a 3 month grind. I think its a good idea for keep inventory to be off, but maybe cheapen the price of holly scrolls, maybe something to like 250 souls.
Due to the svas market going up, for most of them, scamming has became more popular. Since the market has changed significantly, some svas being made to look to worth more then it is, it's easier to scam players. Market manipulation is probably the main one. You claim for an item to be more then it's worth, and sell it to someone unsuspecting, for a svas with a more stable economy. I'm not going to go more into detail, but I think you get what I mean.
But making keep inventory disabled has lead up to some more interesting fights in the PvP arena.
Since before, I never took any svas into PvP, since I was afraid some OP guy would casually come along, and kill me in there for them, but now, I've came out of my shell a bit.
As well, they mainly did this because to many players were complaining about loosing stuff in the arena. I cannot in no factor speak on behalf of the staff team, but I think they got fed up of this constant spam. Before keep inventory was enabled, alot of players, including me were TP killed for svas by rich and Op players. Having keep inventory turned on made it more safe, to tp to other players, especially it's used throughout survival, for trades, builds etc.

(also remove the abyss, it's sort of useless not going to lie.)
I agree, with all the issues that keeping inventory enabled has brought I don't see the point in continuing on having it enabled next season. Making holy scrolls cheaper is also a good idea because it provides a better chance for less well off players to participate in PVP as well and feel protected but have a rewarding experience with keep inventory being disabled.

Minecraft_652

MVP+
Minecraft_652
Minecraft_652
MVP+
Ratings
32 101
https://manacube.com/threads/survival-pvp-thoughts-and-suggestions.88541/

copied content:
{

Here is suggestion based on no keep inventory PVP arena.

1. Invisible
Invisible always been a crucial part of PVP.
it provides more chances to kill another player who bring armor/weapons.
It's expensive and uneffective to make a lot of invisible potions to trolling someone.

2. PVP Economic/balance analysis.
There is a list of items which related no keep inventory PVP:
Normal/Stardard Armor/Weapons:
Example: Slayer Set, Improved mana set, inferno sword. etc.
Normal/Stardard SVA Armor/Weapons: No bonus for actual pvp svas
Player Effect based on: Potions, Enchantments
Example: spongebob boots, iron man suit etc.
Primary SVA Armor/Weapons: It requires skills to fight others, still not powerful enough.
Player Effect based on: Potions, Enchantments, few effects from svas like saturation.
Example: shooting star bow, templar shield, captain america's shield, pandora's box etc.
Senior SVA Armor/Weapons: Mostly initiative effects, and it's balance when someone also has it.
Player Effect based on: Potions, Enchantments, some useful effects from svas like: passive strength from weapons, instant health etc.
Example: chainmail set, infinity gauntlet, cocktail, witchdoctor's staff, popsicle, lucille, phoenix chestplate etc.
Super SVA Armor/Weapons: Powerful passive effects, it's BREAKING balance and destroying other's experience of play.
Player Effect based on: Enchantments, powerful effects and infinity time from svas like: passive strength and regeneration from armor.
Example: dragon helmet. ero leggings, ero boots. groundon sword, tunic chestplate, zurg blaster etc.
The prices based on the degrees of power.

at now, there is no balance for most people.
because someone who has Super SVA Armor/Weapons are dominating the arena.
there is many holy scroll so nobody could against them except they also has Super SVA Armor/Weapons
And what is the price of Super SVA Armor/Weapons ? 200cubits, 300cubits, even 400cubits.
The biggest problem is not whether pvp had a tower, big or small.
So my suggestion is: make pit to no keep inventory, weaken the Super SVA Armor/Weapons.
promote economy developing, improve the playing experience of poor.

3. Thread Effectivity
I believe that only few people will see this thread and reply here to give some suggestion for new pvp.
Example, my friend who from china, it's not able to access forums if you don't have a VPN.
It's pointless, to collect more ideas requires more exposure.
}

We work for people, We shall never surrender!

Jeaen

ELITE
Jeaen
Jeaen
ELITE
Ratings
17 2
I do agree with you that the game is unbalanced. Any armor that is not SVA is virtually useless. I know that’s the point of SVA but anyone who doesn’t spend a ton of money can’t be even somewhat competitive. I think Slay Kit, Mana Kits and other non-SVA armor should be improved as well as making it more accessible to the common player. This is a balance that the game lacks currently and would greatly improve user’s experience.

excellentgamer1

VIP
excellentgamer1
excellentgamer1
VIP
Ratings
5 1
I think there should be one keep inventory arena and one arena where keep inventory is turned off. It would allow players to choose what they wanted to coincide with what level they feel there at in terms of pvp skills.

pvp

ELITE
phvnt
phvnt
ELITE
Ratings
59 7
I think there should be one keep inventory arena and one arena where keep inventory is turned off. It would allow players to choose what they wanted to coincide with what level they feel there at in terms of pvp skills.
that what icehaven was used for

Ratings
427 8
that what icehaven was used for
Icehaven was good, in the past since more people were in there, grinding materials at the time, and it was basically some free PvP practice. If they make holly scrolls way cheaper, and change a few mechanics, It'll draw more players in PvP, more or less, not the new ones, since they're afraid of loosing their stuff, and can' afford hollies. (if keep inventory is turned off). Since sometimes, the new players just spam click, with like diamond armour, and gets annoying.
I do agree with you that the game is unbalanced. Any armor that is not SVA is virtually useless. I know that’s the point of SVA but anyone who doesn’t spend a ton of money can’t be even somewhat competitive. I think Slay Kit, Mana Kits and other non-SVA armor should be improved as well as making it more accessible to the common player. This is a balance that the game lacks currently and would greatly improve user’s experience.
Agreed, they should buff armour like slayer, since svas are near impossible to get, without paying to win. And only the elite players (Elite rank) have access to slayer kits.
I understand that cfing cubits might get a newer player some cubits, but where would they get the cubits from? Prestige requires VIP rank, which is 3 cubits. I'm not going to argue about the other ways to obtain cubits, but you get the point.

Jonnyb

ELITE
JonnyLeeB2003
JonnyLeeB2003
ELITE
Ratings
21 4
I like keep inventory on though, especially in the wild. There's another arena for regular pvp called the Abyss. It doesn't make sense to have the Abyss and the regular pvp arena, so, I say just keep everything the way it is currently.

LilBoy_

ELITE
xLilBear
xLilBear
ELITE
Ratings
10 2
Anyone who started playing Survival this season or has been playing throughout the season knows about the realm PVP arena randomly being changed from traditional PVP (keep inventory off) to having to keep inventory put back on, and making a new arena called Abyss. Although this has attracted much more attention to the PVP arena in spawn, there have been 0 notable instances where fights between relevant players with good gear have happened in Abyss.

Not only has the keep inventory arena been the only arena where people fight now, isles world from Icehaven - Burninglands have all lost most traffic as well, which Icehaven specifically was used before as the keep inventory arena, and the one in spawn was used as the traditional PVP arena. Since the chance, Isles has lost meaning for many players (besides its intended purpose of farming) and also made the SSV market drastically change for the worst.

For example, before keep inventory was turned off a Dragon Helmet was around 350 cubits, although expensive it was the best helmet. Not only would you have to grind to get the helmet, but you would also need to grind other aspects of Survival to get 3,000 souls to buy a holy protection scroll if you wanted to keep your helmet when you died. Now that keep inventory was turned on, prices have skyrocketed heavily, with Dragon Helmets being sold for no less than 750 cubits, and in rare cases as much as 900 cubits. Not only is this outrageous but it's a direct cause of PVP being changed to a no-risk activity for anyone. ]

Dragon Helmets are likely the most sought-after armor piece on the entire realm of Survival at the moment, and that's because anyone who has it has a good advantage over the rest of their competition, and there is no risk factor using it either because souls have become entirely useless to the PVP community, holy protection scrolls aren't needed anymore because nobody wants to use the keep inventory disabled arenas, so anyone with a dragon helm will have a permanent advantage over everyone else without having to work for that advantage.

There are many other SSV items that I can go over that have had the same effect happen to them and its ridiculous that the best PVP set money can buy on Survival currently costs around 3,700 cubits and there's no risk in wearing it (like there should if you're paying that much to PVP). Keep inventory has ruined PVP on survival, and there was no reason to change it because a few people whined about it (when Icehaven already existed and attracted a good amount of players before the change, now zero) and it shouldn't have been tampered with.

For the sake of the PVP community on Survival, I'm asking for you to revert these changes when the next season is released, it will drastically help newer players grinding to earn their spot "at the top" as PVP goes, and with the rising demand of "invulnerability" with these overpriced SSV sets keep inventory being enabled upon death is only going to make overpowered items skyrocket even more, with there being zero risk factor with using them.

Shortened Version: Turning keep inventory on has ruined PVP and made SSV prices skyrocket due to there being zero risk factors. Revert PVP, make isles popular again, remove Abyss because nobody uses it, and make the main spawn arena keep inventory disabled.

Change PVP for the better
Cant agree more

snicksquirrel

ELITE
SnickSquirrel
SnickSquirrel
ELITE
Ratings
13 2
I agree the PVP Arena should return to no keep inventory. if you want to make an Abyss that is more challenging with traps and things to make PVP interesting for the real hardcore, then do that. Icehaven is a good enough Keep Inventory PVP for those that are less practiced, like me, and don't want to risk their SVAs.