Username: WideNuts

Map name: Uluru

Photos of your Parkour:

2020-09-03_21.20.47.png

2020-09-03_21.14.43.png

2020-09-03_21.15.33.png
2020-09-03_21.30.36.png

The # of your Plot / or warp name to it: /plot v WideNuts 2

Difficulty (Easy, Medium, Hard, Expert, Insane)

Number of checkpoints: 3

Number of jumps (Optional): 32

For anyone who isn't Australian, Uluru has been considered a tourist destination under the name "Ayres Rock" for decades and people have been permitted to climb across the Indigenous Australian's sacred land. Not only is it disrespectful to their culture but it is UN-AUSTRALIAN. This map tells a story and the Indigenous flag is featured throughout. Upon arrival you are greeted by the sun in the flag rising over Uluru. Uluru itself is fenced off and I have decided not to feature any parkour on it or the flag to replicate the real life version of Uluru and remain respectful to the rightful owners. It also features an Aussie rules football oval in the middle. It tells a story and would be meaningful to many Aussies. Cheers

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Hello WideNuts,

I regret to inform you this map is being rejected. The theme of Uluru itself is original, but it comes down to the appearance of the build which looks extremely similar to a desert theme, which is very unoriginal. The desert is also just randomly textured and looks a bit messy. There's also a strange sense of scale with the dingo head being extremely large compared to the landscape and looking somewhat out of place. I appreciate the attention and respect that were considered in the build, despite these things. That careful consideration is really important when approaching a meaningful theme.

The parkour is also a bit too difficult for an easy map. Especially the cobweb slime, but there are others that feel a bit too difficult (my way to gauge it is that the map can be done without use of force momentum or timely shifting). There are other jumps that are problematic for the easy difficulty in the map, but that one was especially ill placed due to it being a jump right before a checkpoint. The parkour was mixed and varied, and the length is also on the longer side for the easy difficulty.

Thanks for submitting this map! If you have any questions, feel free to message me here on the forums, in-game, or on Discord. Hope to see more maps from you!

Status
Not open for further replies.