Un-nerf Lucille

ArchVenom

Mod
ArchVenom
ArchVenom
Mod
Ratings
35 1
I have played on Manacube since slightly before the release of the Lucille and I was able to see the PVP meta before and after with nerfs coming in to ruin PVP often. When the Lucille was released and since the release we actually had hope for PVP and thought it would actually be possible to kill someone wearing full SVA armor with SVA weapons so long as you were wearing them as well. The nerf however destroys the point of PVP and makes it damn near impossible even if you have full SVA. From my understanding the point of the nerf was because the blaster and Lucille combo was too overpowered but that's just untrue. No one hits all their blaster shots and if someone has Gears 3 it is very easy to just avoid pretty much all blaster shots unless that person just stands still. To put it very bluntly the Lucille nerf was unnecessary and should be reverted. Some kind of nerf that reduces the time that you have Slowness 5 would be understandable, but now PVP is just impossible and their is officially no point in doing it, not even for fun. It just results in at least 20 minutes to kill someone in Slayer+ kind of armor and it results in several hours to kill someone in unbreakable SVA (if you even get to killing them). Before the nerf it would also take forever to kill people. In the end the Lucille nerf should be reverted because it actually made PVP better not worse, all the Lucille did was make PVP actually possible with SVAs. Since Gears 3 gives you Speed 3 all the Lucille did was give you Slowness 5 and changed your FOV, so in other words it just made you walk at normal speed with higher FOV, if someone jumps and runs with slowness 5 and speed 3 they are moving at normal speed and still a hard target to hit. Once again no one hits all their blaster shots and the nerf just made everything worse in terms of PVP.

iAmBungee

Dedicated Member
PATRON+
iAmBungee
iAmBungee
Patron+
Ratings
146 8
I have played on Manacube since slightly before the release of the Lucille and I was able to see the PVP meta before and after with nerfs coming in to ruin PVP often. When the Lucille was released and since the release we actually had hope for PVP and thought it would actually be possible to kill someone wearing full SVA armor with SVA weapons so long as you were wearing them as well. The nerf however destroys the point of PVP and makes it damn near impossible even if you have full SVA. From my understanding the point of the nerf was because the blaster and Lucille combo was too overpowered but that's just untrue. No one hits all their blaster shots and if someone has Gears 3 it is very easy to just avoid pretty much all blaster shots unless that person just stands still. To put it very bluntly the Lucille nerf was unnecessary and should be reverted. Some kind of nerf that reduces the time that you have Slowness 5 would be understandable, but now PVP is just impossible and their is officially no point in doing it, not even for fun. It just results in at least 20 minutes to kill someone in Slayer+ kind of armor and it results in several hours to kill someone in unbreakable SVA (if you even get to killing them). Before the nerf it would also take forever to kill people. In the end the Lucille nerf should be reverted because it actually made PVP better not worse, all the Lucille did was make PVP actually possible with SVAs. Since Gears 3 gives you Speed 3 all the Lucille did was give you Slowness 5 and changed your FOV, so in other words it just made you walk at normal speed with higher FOV, if someone jumps and runs with slowness 5 and speed 3 they are moving at normal speed and still a hard target to hit. Once again no one hits all their blaster shots and the nerf just made everything worse in terms of PVP.
Like I told Vibes, and a few other, if you need a single SSV to even make PvP possible. There's a major issue elsewhere that needs to be addressed. A single ssv shouldn't be the difference between pvp being impossible/possible. Something else needs to be changed so PvP is possible in general, not just if you have an un-nerfed Lucille.

ArchVenom

Mod
ArchVenom
ArchVenom
Mod
Ratings
35 1
Like I told Vibes, and a few other, if you need a single SSV to even make PvP possible. There's a major issue elsewhere that needs to be addressed. A single ssv shouldn't be the difference between pvp being impossible/possible. Something else needs to be changed so PvP is possible in general, not just if you have an un-nerfed Lucille.

It's not just one SVA and that's where you are mistaken. If you take other SVAs out of the equation it also makes SVA combat impossible. If you were to limit the damage of a blaster by say 50% well SVA combat is once again impossible. If you were to take away bows with the CE's of explosion, SVA combat is impossible. It's not just the Lucille, the meta of the server is a big group of items that includes CE's added to those items. By removing one of the items from the meta you make it impossible to kill someone. Yes some other things may need to change to make it possible, but nerfing the Lucille to Slowness 2 is not the way to fix anything, it causes more problems.

iAmBungee

Dedicated Member
PATRON+
iAmBungee
iAmBungee
Patron+
Ratings
146 8
It's not just one SVA and that's where you are mistaken. If you take other SVAs out of the equation it also makes SVA combat impossible. If you were to limit the damage of a blaster by say 50% well SVA combat is once again impossible. If you were to take away bows with the CE's of explosion, SVA combat is impossible. It's not just the Lucille, the meta of the server is a big group of items that includes CE's added to those items. By removing one of the items from the meta you make it impossible to kill someone. Yes some other things may need to change to make it possible, but nerfing the Lucille to Slowness 2 is not the way to fix anything, it causes more problems.
No I agree with that. But with the current way of how PvP is, if you want to enjoy PvP and have a chance at a fair fight, you needed a Lucille otherwise seeing someone die is very low/took an extremely long time. Lucille needed a nerf, but the way it was nerfed was a bit much. Something else needs to be changed in the PvP Meta so you can actually kill people without a lucille though. The fact that a single ssv being nerfed made it so fights take hours and hours is a huge problem that needs to be addressed.

Point being, a single SSV being nerfed shouldn't have that huge of an effect on PvP. It means there's a major problem elsewhere that needs to be addressed.

ArchVenom

Mod
ArchVenom
ArchVenom
Mod
Ratings
35 1
No I agree with that. But with the current way of how PvP is, if you want to enjoy PvP and have a chance at a fair fight, you needed a Lucille otherwise seeing someone die is very low/took an extremely long time. Lucille needed a nerf, but the way it was nerfed was a bit much. Something else needs to be changed in the PvP Meta so you can actually kill people without a lucille though. The fact that a single ssv being nerfed made it so fights take hours and hours is a huge problem that needs to be addressed.

Point being, a single SSV being nerfed shouldn't have that huge of an effect on PvP. It means there's a major problem elsewhere that needs to be addressed.
I can agree with that, as I did mention as well I feel it could be nerfed in a way that reduces the time that you have slowness, and in addition to that it is very possible to just release more SVAs similar to the Lucille to give other players an opportunity to have them. It's similar to the blasters though because there hasn't been a new blaster since the Toy Story Crate and those have dominated PVP since the first one was released.

Orsx

Dedicated Member
PATRON+
orsx
orsx
Patron+
Ratings
84 4
PVP's been dead for ages, with svas being so powerful it gets to the point where nobody (with svas) cares to try and kill each other. This was why the first few weeks of sb (without svas) was so fun compared to now. Svas are also most likely one of many causes leading to the decline in players or new players. newer players simply wont stand a chance and will just leave.

Imo in skyblocks case, I feel this seasons already died/ on its last strings. I find PVP boring (and practically unrevivable as a result of OP svas etc) , the season meta is also (still) boring and once again the main thing that gets me to log onto manacube daily is the community and the occasional excitement for crates. *ahem even though the banana crates been out for 33 days and counting*...
^ also like to add that few items in crates are cool nowadays with a constant line of visually different sharp 7 swords and prot 7 armor pieces being dropped each month :confused: (this being said banana crate was good, probably the first crate since merge that showed any new level of innovation).

I understand why they're repetitively dropping "boring" svas like these prot 7 armor pieces but still, id like a little spice so we have something to actually look forward to crate-wise.

Some people have said simply: "don't rush skyblock progress and it wont be boring" but that literally goes against the definition and purpose of the season being competitive so respectfully mc shutup :rolleyes:

Back on topic with my essay lookin ass comment, I don't think there's any point trying to fight for nerf/buff's for svas, the issue lies deeper than just a slowness 5 Halloween bat that people were using. Also (id like to add) there's no point asking anyone with a lucille how they feel about this, they're almost definitely going to have a biased opinion :/. Same goes for any previous or upcoming sva nerfs/buffs.

I've finished my cute lil rant, hope you enjoy <3

Suix

PATRON+
SuixideBunneh
SuixideBunneh
Patron
Ratings
Everyone knew that when the vault is opened, PVP is going to be trash, yet everyone is so impatient with when the vault's gonna open. Weird. I guess we just have to endure another 9 months of this season then.

"/shout when vault?"

dorathecreatorrr

Dedicated Member
PATRON
cconsole
cconsole
Patron
Ratings
90 37
Ping said the nerf probably wont get rolled back and lucille prolly wont get buffed again since it was a nerf made by dacon. everyone thank bex, someone that doesnt even pvp, gg!!

HollowShell

Dedicated Member
PATRON+
PooskinJRmain
PooskinJRmain
Patron+
Ratings
102 14
Tbh pvp was ass ever since vaults became a thing. PVP in general is p2w. its sad but unfortunately in 9/10 confrontations, if you have a non vs a patron p2w player it will end in the p2w player always winning