Rejected Unexpected Surprise - Medium

Status
Not open for further replies.
A map me and my friend made, it's based around throwing off the player for a unique experience.
2020-07-08_17.58.23.png
2020-07-08_17.57.06.png
2020-07-08_17.56.55.png
2020-07-08_17.56.51.png
2020-07-08_17.56.45.png

Map created by: str3ssedco & KingWingull
Name of the map: Unexpected Surprise
Plot #: /plot v str3ssedco
Map Difficulty: Medium
Amount of jumps: 53

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey str3ssedco & KingWingull,

Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING this map submission.
  • Theme: From what I gathered when looking at the map and doing the parkour, there is no theme. I'm assuming the entire thing is themed after the "Unexpected Surprise" at the end which is a landmine. That's not really a theme, it's just the tricky ending of the map. And, a bunch of maps already have landmines and aren't themed after them. A theme is something you choose beforehand and proceed to build it through a proper and focused build, that cohesion is what we're looking for. And, if your map is themed after the unexpected fall at the beginning or the unexpected falls due to barriers, my point still stands: it's not a theme.
  • Build: Personally, I'm not a fan of the build. It's mostly parkour besides the spawn and end. It's a bunch of floating parkour with no integration to a central build (as you don't have one). This just isn't acceptable nowadays since we aren't just looking for parkour maps, we also want an attractive build to go along with it.
  • Parkour: The parkour was long and hard enough for the medium difficulty, there are no issues there. But, the parkour did have a major problem. This being the repetition of its jumps/blocks. You would just use the same jumps consecutively. For example, the blue glass pane segment, the stone 4b segment, and all of the ladder/fence jumps in the interior of the end. It was just not enjoyable to do. You need to be more creative. And, also, you must label your barriers.
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.