Ratings
Username: WideNuts

Map name: Vegemite

Photos of your Parkour:
1599039542527.png

1599039590002.png

1599039625458.png

The # of your Plot / or warp name to it: /plot v WideNuts

Difficulty (Easy, Medium, Hard, Expert, Insane)

Number of Checkpoints: 4

Number of jumps (Optional): 57

Although this is my first map submission, I put a fair bit of effort into it and proofed all of the jumps to make sure they were possible, while still incorporating the surrounding builds / props. I feel that it is a well rounded and challenging map that includes a variety of different types of jumps to keep the player entertained. I'm not great at taking photos so it would mean a lot if you could check it out for yourself by using the above command. I am aware that the floor is a bit ugly but I couldn't think of an appropriate colour / block scheme. I can easily change it if need be. The theme is based around the Australian spread "Vegemite". Do not be fooled by the finish, you will fall into a hole and be forced to use /cp. You must jump over the hole and drop to the real finish and pressure plate.

EDIT: I have made some changes by adding in ice, soulsand and cake jumps to limit the number of fence jumps I had in the parkour.

Last edited:
I'm not a mod, but the vegemite itself isn't that good looking. If you make it legitimately cylindrical, it will look much better.

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey WideNuts,

Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING this map submission.
  • Theme: As we currently have no maps on our server themed after vegemite, this is most definitely an original map submission. Great job on coming up with something new!
  • Build: Personally, I think the build has a lot of areas that could use improving. For starters, let's talk about the pixel art on your map as there is quite a bit. You have the knife and the laid down pieces of toast. They're so flat and shapeless that it's not very attractive or clear what they're supposed to be. Then, you have the actual vegemite structure. Its exterior is just not well made. Containers of vegemite aren't just an upright rectangle, they have a round body with a neck and a top. This is lacking that dimensionality (and the name in the center!). And, the interior is pretty empty and leaves much to be desired. Furthermore, there's also the issue with the floating parkour here and there.
  • Parkour: The parkour fit the medium difficulty in both length and difficulty. For the most part, it was pretty varied. But, I'd like it if you could turn it down on a notch with all the ladders/vines (especially the ladders). Also, it was a bit confusing sometimes so some more signs/carpets would be useful (for example, the slime jump and the floating redstone jump).
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.