Blufinney & Toomanypelican
Void Canyon
2020-07-06_13.21.59.png
2020-07-06_13.43.02.png
2020-07-06_13.22.18.png
2020-07-06_13.46.55.png

/plot visit blufinney 2
Hard
I know the theme is not the most original but I haven't seen a canyon map to my knowledge. The map will have to be lifted up if put in the beta testing as we made the map not knowing that we couldn't put parkour 35 blocks below the start... We would've done it ourselves but it says we couldn't copy that many blocks.

Last edited:

Sean

VIP
gligew
gligew
VIP
Ratings
Ok on this map I just have a few comments.
Theme - 4/5, I believe you are right, there aren't any canyon maps, and the build of this is definitely what you were going for, a canyon over the void. Also, the build is amazing.
Difficulty - 3/5, I feel like the difficulty of this map is kind of shaky, some jumps fit fine in the medium difficulty, while others are a harder, more like an expert difficulty. But don't quote me on this, maybe I'm just bad.
Parkour - 2/5, Sorry, the build is really good, but the parkour could be better. Most of it is just repetitive jumps, from block to block, and the different kinds of jumps are in there own little sections, for example, there is like a water section with just water jumps, then a fence section, followed by a cobblestone wall section. You should try to incorporate those all throughout the build, kinda randomly.
I'm not a mapper or moderator, but I do have a lot of hours on parkour and these are just my opinions.

Ok on this map I just have a few comments.
Theme - 4/5, I believe you are right, there aren't any canyon maps, and the build of this is definitely what you were going for, a canyon over the void. Also, the build is amazing.
Difficulty - 3/5, I feel like the difficulty of this map is kind of shaky, some jumps fit fine in the medium difficulty, while others are a harder, more like an expert difficulty. But don't quote me on this, maybe I'm just bad.
Parkour - 2/5, Sorry, the build is really good, but the parkour could be better. Most of it is just repetitive jumps, from block to block, and the different kinds of jumps are in there own little sections, for example, there is like a water section with just water jumps, then a fence section, followed by a cobblestone wall section. You should try to incorporate those all throughout the build, kinda randomly.
I'm not a mapper or moderator, but I do have a lot of hours on parkour and these are just my opinions.
Thank you so much for looking at the map! We will take your advice and vary up the parkour! Thanks a ton again!

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey Blufinney & Toomanypelican,

Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING this map submission.
  • Theme: As we two similar canyon-themed maps currently on our server (GrandCanyon and CosmoCanyon), this is a pretty unoriginally themed map submission. I recommend that you look at our list of previously used maps/themes as to prevent such things: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lZKQZMgGev6fXyhZ8nCPkTzNIj0yOjXjUTDvfzKNzl4/edit .
  • Build: The build is decent. I can see that you guys put a lot of work into it, I don't want you guys thinking it went unnoticed. It looks good. But, overall, the build itself just feels rather uninventive due to our already existing canyon maps. It looks a lot a lot like our GrandCanyon map. The reason we have GrandCanyon and CosmoCanyon is because the latter has a very distinct build. It added something new to our server. But, this map doesn't really, even if it's an okay build.
  • Parkour: I believe the parkour is hard enough for the hard difficulty but it's a little too long. We're looking for 60-80 jumps and this surpasses that by a couple of jumps, so you'd only need to cut back on some. But, that's not a major issue compared to the other two problems I encountered while doing parkour. Firstly, the parkour could be quite confusing at times. I know you guys utilized a lot of carpets but I'd add some more signs here and there, it'd be of great help. Secondly, the parkour felt really straightforward to do. You guys recycled a lot of the same blocks/jumps throughout the map. In reality, it was a bunch of diagonal/corner jumps, ladders jumps, and water jumps. You used some cobble walls, enchantment tables, and anvils once or twice here and there but it wasn't enough. It felt really repetitive, you need to utilize more blocks/jumps in your parkour so that it's enjoyable to do. What I'm trying to say is that even if I curved around on the map, the parkour itself was just very linear.
I hope you two take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.