Rejected Volcano - Medium/Hard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: Domika2004
Map Name: Volcano
The map has over a 100 jumps, but I think the Jumps are Medium difficulty, So I don't know which category it should be in. (I finished the map in around 8 minutes)
Plot's ID: 109;30 or /plot v Domika2004

(Grass can be deleted if you prefer the void)
2020-08-28_17.31.49.png
2020-08-28_17.38.25.png
2020-08-28_17.31.31.png

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey Domika2004,

Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING this map submission.
  • Theme: As we already have a volcano-themed map on our server called "BabyVolcano", this is not a very original map submission. I recommend you look at our map/theme list as to prevent such things in the future: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lZKQZMgGev6fXyhZ8nCPkTzNIj0yOjXjUTDvfzKNzl4/edit
  • Build: Personally, I don't think the build is very good. To be honest, it's shaped so disproportionately that if you removed the lava it wouldn't look like a volcano. Then, you have a bunch of more issues: the ugly stream of lava that only goes down one side, the empty interior, and the incredible amount of floating parkour. It's just not a very well-executed build.
  • Parkour: The parkour fits no difficulty due to its length and difficulty. It is way too long for any of the difficulties the map could be in due to the difficulty of its jumps. This map, at best, could be a hard. A hard is roughly 60-80 jumps. This is much longer than that, and it felt that way too. You need to have a difficulty in mind as you make your parkour as to prevent these issues. Furthermore, your parkour was very boring due to the lack of variation. There were so many similar stone/ladder jumps throughout your map that it became a drag to do. And, when you would incorporate other blocks, you'd just repeat them a bunch of times (like the cobblestone walls for example). The parkour also has a lot that has to be fixed.
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.