Rejected Washington Monument -Hard map (Resubmission)

Status
Not open for further replies.

curtis

Dedicated Member
curtis18264
curtis18264
Ratings
121 2
Greetings Geshultz. There are a couple things about this I do and don't like, but the map was mostly enjoyable

The obvious thing is the theme - the build is plain, but you can't do much about it given the theme, and the parkour is fairly linear, just wrapping around the tower, but again you can't do much about it unless you had parkour inside of it. However, it would have been cool to see more vertical action going on, enough to reach the very top of the monument.

The parkour is diverse, especially those lava jumps, I haven't seen any maps use that. But there are a couple of repeating types of jumps, specifically those rows of head-hitter jumps. If you can, I would replace some. Additionally, there were some jumps I found to be too hard, and overall the map seems to me too hard for the hard difficulty, however I barely play hard maps, so I can't exactly say if the difficultly is too hard.

Here are the jumps I would recommend a rework on:

2020-03-18_18.22.14.png

This jump into the minecart

2020-03-18_18.22.20.png

This jump into the water

2020-03-18_18.21.45.png

Lastly, I personally don't enjoy these blind jumps, mostly because of the iron door blocking part of it. The very last one was for some reason harder than the rest. This idea for a jump is cool in theory, but it doesn't feel that great because there is too much luck involved

2020-03-18_18.17.38.png

Additionally, you should add a sign here saying there is a ladder on the other side of this block.

One last thing: there are two jumps where you have to open a door and then climb up the door. These are fine as is, but I wish there was more to them, because these jumps don't add any difficulty to the map. You could have it so the doors are floating and you have to jump over to the door, and then open it to catch yourself from falling.

Overall, the entire map is alright. It needs some adjustments to the parkour, and the theme pulls it down a little because of how limiting it is, but there is possibility this map can be accepted

MCBYT

Forum Master
ELITE
MCBYT
MCBYT
ELITE
Ratings
491 19
Hello Geshultz! I will be rejecting your map, sadly.

The theme is original as we don't have any maps themed around the Washington monument, although we have several other USA landmark maps (which look entirely different)

The parkour is a bit long for a hard, and there are a few overly hard jumps (the minecart and water jump mentioned above by @curtis are both good examples). However, it's well-varied and mostly quite fun to play.

The build is very bland, seeing as it's a large, straight tower made entirely of quartz. It's recognizable if you know what you're looking for, but without knowing, it just looks like a standard white tower with a pointed tip. It might be a good idea to lead some of the parkour inside so you'll at least have an interior design to work with, as there isn't much that can be done on the outside.

Thank you for submitting! If you have any questions, feel free to message me in-game, on the forums, or on Discord (MCBYT#2023).​

Status
Not open for further replies.