Rejected Whales- hard map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ratings
Creator: antistraight
Map name: Whales OR Whales family (you can pick any if it gets accepted)
Jumps: 66
Checkpoints: 5
Map is on /plot visit antistraight
Photos of your pakour:
2020-10-08_23.29.07.png

PyroTortilla

Forum Master
MVP+
PyroTortilla
PyroTortilla
MVP+
Ratings
387 10
Hello,

Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING your map submission. Here is my input:

Theme: The theme is somewhat original, we do have a few whale themed maps but they aren't really specifically of a general whale (WhaleTail, HipsterWhale, OceanWaves, Aquatic Adventure). Make sure you check the parkour list before building a map to avoid any duplicate themes.
Build: The build was pretty boring. The whales look decent and do look like whales, but all of your whales look exactly the same. I would recommend maybe changing it up and having different species of whale or instead just having one big whale. The whales could also use a little more detail as they consist of only 3 blocks, so some shading/detailing would really help improve your map.
Parkour: Due to the nature of your build, this parkour is pretty similar to jumping from floating island to floating island using floating blocks. These floating jumps make the build look pretty messy, so I would try to incorporate the whales into the parkour more. The parkour was too easy for a HARD map (you didn't specify what difficulty you wanted but 60-80 jumps is pretty standard for a hard map), and there were a few specific problems with the parkour which I will describe and link screenshots to below.

I hope to see more submissions from you in the future, and have a great day!

Parkour problems:
1) These single glass panes are not allowed on maps as they are glitchy in 1.12.2, so either attach them to something or change the block (don't make it a single iron bar).
2) This sign said to go to the iron bars when there are no iron bars to go to
3) You can skip multiple jumps just by jumping up here (blue is intended, red is skip)

Status
Not open for further replies.