What are some maps you think should be moved to a lower / higher difficulty?

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
956 435
Title says it, for me I think "KingDeDeDe" should be moved to a medium, it's too short for a hard and doesn't feel like 50 jumps. Just like a few jump nerfs and it would fit a medium. but thats about it from me.

BinLicker

Forum Master
ELITE
BinLicker
BinLicker
ELITE
Ratings
481 8
Title says it, for me I think "KingDeDeDe" should be moved to a medium, it's too short for a hard and doesn't feel like 50 jumps. Just like a few jump nerfs and it would fit a medium. but thats about it from me.
No that map blows as it is.

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
Countless expert maps, particularly from 2020 and 2021, are exorbitantly harder than previous Expert maps and actually harder than some earlier Insane maps. Similarly, there are several hard maps from the same period that wouldn't be recognized as hard maps a year earlier and are harder than previous Experts. These types of "pushing the difficulty" hards and experts would be much more suitable in a higher difficulty, but it's too late for that now.

carvhes

Dedicated Member
ELITE
carvhes
carvhes
ELITE
Ratings
78 3
Yeah I agree king dedede was a shitty map that barely felt like a medium. there are some other experts too that could be bumped down to hard/bumped up to insane.

carvhes

Dedicated Member
ELITE
carvhes
carvhes
ELITE
Ratings
78 3

BinLicker

Forum Master
ELITE
BinLicker
BinLicker
ELITE
Ratings
481 8
Every map made in 2020 and 2021 should be moved up a difficulty
People keep saying this but it seems the only people with an actual issue with it are you and tas. Idk what the parkour state was back in the days you guys played but new players play early maps anyway and the difficulties slowly get more hard later in the categories which result in players actually getting better.

Presidenten

Forum Master
ELITE
Hampifant
Hampifant
ELITE
Ratings
521 13
People keep saying this but it seems the only people with an actual issue with it are you and tas. Idk what the parkour state was back in the days you guys played but new players play early maps anyway and the difficulties slowly get more hard later in the categories which result in players actually getting better.
Just because the players get better doesn't mean the difficulty should get harder? That's why maps are divided in difficulties. Easy means easy and the maps should stay the same difficulty as they were in the beginning. Imagine someone picking a random easy map to begin with and they face a map with e.g a neo, sprinting from ladders or weird water gimmicks.

BinLicker

Forum Master
ELITE
BinLicker
BinLicker
ELITE
Ratings
481 8
Just because the players get better doesn't mean the difficulty should get harder? That's why maps are divided in difficulties. Easy means easy and the maps should stay the same difficulty as they were in the beginning. Imagine someone picking a random easy map to begin with and they face a map with e.g a neo, sprinting from ladders or weird water gimmicks.
But standards shift. The standard easy map is more difficult than what it used to be but it honestly doesn't matter. Once again it seems that you and tas are the only people that care

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
Not sure what you mean by "later in the categories" when maps are not sorted by date and most players use the random map selector anyway. If maps were organized by date added, it would be even more apparent that modern easies are more difficult than early mediums, and et cetera.

As for Pres and myself being the only ones with an issue, perhaps you're referring to us being some of the only members of the MMA actively calling it out. The MMA represents a vocal minority of players who have a vast amount of influence over the server. It is what it is. That group tends to be the most skilled players applying their own views and abilities onto the server as a whole. New or unskilled players are not consulted when "standards shift."

Standards have shifted because there is a certain type of model that is accepted on the server. As a result of the push for "block variety" and "unique jumps," the difficulty of the jumps on accepted maps directly increased. Simple jumps need to be buffed by adding elements of tiers, obstacles, redstone mechanics, neos, and decoration in order to be "good enough." Maps that do not adjust to the new criteria are rejected. That is how the standards shifted.

I don't know about the assumption you're making that players are getting better. The fact is that the minority of players that do improve (usually because they buy a rank and get access to practice mode, speed, and they actually get noticed in chat) are the ones that you hear from, while countless players join for the first time, can't even complete the first map they try because it was buffed by block variance, and give up. You hear about players that "get better" but you don't hear about the ones that don't.

Lofi

Forum Expert
ELITE
beatsbylofi
beatsbylofi
ELITE
Ratings
263 9
The MMA represents a vocal minority of players who have a vast amount of influence over the server. It is what it is. That group tends to be the most skilled players applying their own views and abilities onto the server as a whole.
as a member of the mma, i sure as hell am not skilled.
anyways i think airhockey could honestly be moved up or straight up just removed from the server its literally so annoying

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
There are a lot of easy and especially medium maps in a weird state from 2020 especially that just. don't fit a medium and are full of many annoying jumps for that difficulty. People were focused on making parkour that hugged the walls of the build solely because getting rid of any parkour that was floating was popular at the time. People took "no floating jumps" as "hug the build as much as you can!" and it made for really boring courses with borderline annoying jumps, with pretty boring pathing as well. Teemo is an example of this, where I may have built the map, I did not build the parkour...but maybe the parkour fits that satanic little rat anyway.