What is the deal with this Chat Filter ?

woolly26

Forum Master
ELITE
woolly26
woolly26
ELITE
Ratings
249 101
I am currently banned for 2 years and I am curious to know if this Chat Filter is good or not .

Any Pros and Cons for such feature? I noticed some people complain about it not being good enough .
I think the Chat Filter stops people stupid people from stupid stuff which is nice from protecting kids I guess.

Also when was this implemented? In which update and where was it added first ?

ParmeSean

ELITE
SeanToasters
SeanToasters
ELITE
Ratings
The Minecraft chat filter is pretty good at keeping things clean and friendly, especially for younger players. It helps block out bad language and toxic behavior, making the community nicer. Sometimes it can be a bit too strict and block harmless stuff, especially in global chats like /shout. But if you don’t like it, you can always turn it off with /chatfilter. It’s all about making the game safer and more fun for everyone.

Sean

Chiiara777

MVP
Chiiara777
Chiiara777
MVP
Ratings
50 9
Did you just call yourself stupid? Well, you can look at the same place where you "noticed" other players complaining about it. From my experience it was difficult when you speak another language as well, for example I couldn't write "weniger" which means less in German.

1721165892947.png

The Minecraft chat filter is pretty good at keeping things clean and friendly, especially for younger players. It helps block out bad language and toxic behavior, making the community nicer. Sometimes it can be a bit too strict and block harmless stuff, especially in global chats like /shout. But if you don’t like it, you can always turn it off with /chatfilter. It’s all about making the game safer and more fun for everyone.

Sean
Thanks for the info.