What maps are you guys actually looking for?

WaffleLord47

Ratings
Certain maps like "Taco Bell" are original themselves yet you guys said it wasn't because there was already fast food maps. I now realized that maps are put into genres and I was wondering what maps/genres are you guys feeling that you need a bit more?

MCBYT

Forum Master
ELITE
MCBYT
MCBYT
ELITE
Ratings
491 19
Certain maps like "Taco Bell" are original themselves yet you guys said it wasn't because there was already fast food maps. I now realized that maps are put into genres and I was wondering what maps/genres are you guys feeling that you need a bit more?
While there's no specific themes that you must follow to be accepted, there are quite a few themes and genres that are rather overdone, that I'll try my best to list below.

Themes:

Mario maps
Pokemon maps
Pixel art maps (also not allowed, if pixel art is the main focus)
Floating island maps
Winter maps
Minecraft mob/item/block/biome maps
Undertale/Deltarune maps
Animal maps

As long as you avoid these general themes, and don't make a build that has already been done before (or from a series/game/etc already done), you're rather likely to pass on the originality requirement. Good luck building!

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
When creating a map, it is best to choose a theme that you are familiar with. The more you like the concept behind the map, the better the map will turn out. You can't build something just because it's original; you have to pick a theme that you can put your heart into. Also note that originality is not the deciding factor; if the build and parkour stand out for it's excellence, your map is still just as likely to get accepted.

WaffleLord47

Ratings
So, if I were to choose a concept like my "The Starters" map and created the pokemon larger and insanely detailed, more than any other pokemon yet it could have been accepted?

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
Possibly, yes. It all depends, because every submission is different.

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
It's still better that you not do a Pokemon map.

The easiest thing at this point is to build a character from a book or tv show or movie, build a location from a book or a tv show or movie, or build an object. That's what I do.