What MC Version

Slasher2021

Ratings
So I was playing on the parkour server when someone said in chat that they use 1.15.2. Have used 1.8.9 since I started glitching on certain blocks (Ex:heads). Now I am wondering what versions people use on the parkour server.

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,892 47
I believe the recommended version for parkour is 1.8.9. this is cause there are some glitches or like, lag (?) that happens when you jump to and from certain blocks.
I play on 1.12.2 though, but this is because I play Olympus where the recommended version is 1.12.2 and I'm too lazy to switch! haha
I always find it interesting to look at the gameplay statistics on the monthly post. Its interesting to see the changes.
1601594993602.png

jacobsfunparty

Forum Expert
ELITE
jacobsfunparty
jacobsfunparty
ELITE
Ratings
337 6
Most people use 1.8.9. There are various problems that occur with the later versions such as the head rubber banding that you experienced as well as other problems (you can find all the problems here under recommended version).

Some people do play on the later versions but there really isn't a significant advantage for playing on the later versions. I would rather spend a little more time on a jump that is easier on a later version than being stuck on a head the whole time playing.

AriesNinja

Forum Master
VIP
AriesNinja
AriesNinja
VIP
Ratings
185 223
Like jacob said, there's a lot of block-specific problems with versions. 1.8 is really the best for the pk server, though I sometimes run other versions to make it easier to switch between survival and pk.
Yes. In the lobby menu you should see each games recommended version as well. For example, parkour is 1.8.9, Olympus is 1.12.2, and survival is 1.15.2.

SpiroTech

Dedicated Member
PATRON+
SpiroTech
SpiroTech
Patron+
Ratings
I believe the recommended version for parkour is 1.8.9. this is cause there are some glitches or like, lag (?) that happens when you jump to and from certain blocks.
I play on 1.12.2 though, but this is because I play Olympus where the recommended version is 1.12.2 and I'm too lazy to switch! haha
I always find it interesting to look at the gameplay statistics on the monthly post. Its interesting to see the changes.
View attachment 36797
Interesting to see those statistics! I guess a lot of the 1.16 can be attributed to the large percentage of low-rank players that are not too worried about pk? I wonder how many of the people on 1.8 are on that because of other 1.8 servers vs for pk itself. It would be interesting to know.

Ratings
427 8
Best if you use 1.20.1, or whatever the newest updated version is. Since staff and players are always creating new maps, sometimes they might use blocks from the newest update. So, like said before, use the newest updated Minecraft version. So, in the case that they do use blocks from it, you can play the maps.

MarvelFamily

Forum Expert
ELITE
MarvelFamily
MarvelFamily
ELITE
Ratings
70 2
Best if you use 1.20.1, or whatever the newest updated version is. Since staff and players are always creating new maps, sometimes they might use blocks from the newest update. So, like said before, use the newest updated Minecraft version. So, in the case that they do use blocks from it, you can play the maps.
We have not yet updated to 1.20 and the blocks from newer updates are allowed to be used as of right now so for now at least it is perfectly fine to use older versions

Ratings
427 8
We have not yet updated to 1.20 and the blocks from newer updates are allowed to be used as of right now so for now at least it is perfectly fine to use older versions
I mean, 1.19.2 is out lol, 1.20.1 only adds the armour trims/sniffers and camels. Haven't seen any noticeable new blocks in 1.20.1

Ratings
427 8
Have you built on the server yet?
Like parkour, or like in my main realm, aka survival. If you mean survival, yes, I have. But it was like back in season 6, before I knew about the yearly resets. After that, my building motivation was just in the realm of non-exist, entirely.

MarvelFamily

Forum Expert
ELITE
MarvelFamily
MarvelFamily
ELITE
Ratings
70 2
Like parkour, or like in my main realm, aka survival. If you mean survival, yes, I have. But it was like back in season 6, before I knew about the yearly resets. After that, my building motivation was just in the realm of non-exist, entirely.
yeah when you build on pk you can't use blocks past 1.12