jacobsfunparty

Forum Expert
ELITE
jacobsfunparty
jacobsfunparty
ELITE
Ratings
337 6
Hey guys. Was just wondering about this and wanted to make a wholesome post. I wanted to pose the question, who is your role model in your life, and what have they taught you?

The reason I thought of this was that tomorrow is my dad's birthday and I was just thinking about how much I look up to him. My dad is on the older side (71 turning 72 and I'm 18 weird I know right) but he still kicks butt each and every day. I think I have gotten a lot of really cool traits from my dad such as my sense of humor but also my work ethic and discipline. It's always so great seeing my dad when I can, I think of him as a good friend of mine.

Time to get wholesome/cringe ladies and gents.

ampsterdam

Dedicated Member
ELITE
ampsterdam
ampsterdam
ELITE
Ratings
I am quite inspired by many footballers/ soccer players as I am a big fan of the sport. I'm inspired by how hard some of them work to become a footballer and provide for their families if they come from a less privileged background. Personally I like the story of Dani Alves and him going through many hardhships to get to where he is today. I also like this story of a guy who plays for the team i support who basically i think his kidney like bursts, but he keeps playing until halftime to get rushed to the hospital. I dont rlly have a definitive 'role model' but these are some people i admire.

Eureka14.

Dedicated Member
ELITE
Eureka14
Eureka14
ELITE
Ratings
131 7
I think my main role model has to be Neil deGrasse Tyson because I am fascinated with cosmology and the study of the universe. But then I also do have my dad as well because that is where I got my knowledge of cars, working, how to have a happy life, and so forth... I do have a lot of role models xD.

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
The staff team really inspires me. I understand that they do make mistakes and they are all human, but I think it's really cool to see how far they've all come over the course of their time being staff. Part of staffing is being a positive role model, so I feel this further backs up my point. I'm glad to call these wonderfully amazing individuals my friends and family.

Dutchy1372

Forum Legend
PATRON+
Dutchy1372
Dutchy1372
Patron+
Ratings
845 14
Sadio Mané

I once saw this picture of Sadio Mané holding his phone. It was a cracked iPhone, When he got asked why he still had a cracked iPhone despite the fact that he earns 150k a week,(see screenshot) he answered with:

https://prnt.sc/u71he4

Why would I want ten Ferraris, 20 diamond watches, or two planes? What will these objects do for me and for the world?"

I was hungry, and I had to work in the field; I survived hard times, played football barefooted, I did not have an education and many other things, but today with what I earn thanks to football, I can help my people," Mané explained.

He added: "I built schools, a stadium, we provide clothes, shoes, food for people who are in extreme poverty. In addition, I give 70 euros per month to all people in a very poor region of Senegal which contributes to their family economy.

"I do not need to display luxury cars, luxury homes, trips, and even planes. I prefer that my people receive a little of what life has given me."

I rate his humbleness and I wish I will ever turn out te be even half the man of who he is today.