Rejected X-Wing Parkour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: iGhoztman

Map Name: X-Wing (if "-" isn't allowed then simply "x Wing" is fine)

2020-06-07_17.35.09.jpg

2020-06-07_17.35.40.jpg

2020-06-07_17.35.53.jpg

2020-06-07_17.37.24.jpg

Plot #: 2

Difficulty: Medium-Hard

Jumps: Roughly 48 (depending if you count slime bounces, or stoppable jumps)

Made some edits to add more styles of parkour including Ice, Fence/Carpet, Barrier Block, and a couple Cobblestone Wall Jumps.
2020-06-07_18.49.03.jpg
2020-06-07_18.49.13.jpg
2020-06-07_18.48.51.jpg
2020-06-07_18.49.27.jpg

khirina

Dedicated Member
VIP
khirina
khirina
VIP
Ratings
130 6
oki time to do the talking about my opinion thingy

Theme: Its original enough. There are already some star wars maps, but none about x-wings so good job on being original (i wish i could dso that)

Build: Eh. It's okay. It feels really simple, but I can't quite put my finger on it. I think it's the x-wings themselves; they look very simple and also copy-pasted. It could also be the lack of action, but that's an advanced building thing that is oki if u can't do.

PK: Some things to say here. First, the # of jumps dictates this map is medium difficulty (why I asked u to change the green wool to yellow). However, the pk feels too easy for medium. I would buff the pk. Second, there isn't much variety in the jumps. Try using things like heads and vines and water and pistons and enchantment tables and such.

Basically: add some WOW and TASTE and HUZZAH to the build and also buff and add variety to the pk. If u do that, this will probably be accepted. oki thx for reading bye :)

Thank you for your help.

I've done some work on the difficulty of the parkour making a lot more 4 block jumps and I added 2 new types of parkour (heads, stairs, and a little bit of water). I tried with all the other blocks with unique shapes however due to their texture i was very unhappy with the visuals of the build. It just looked very out of place.

As for the build itself, I was trying to recreate the sequence that happens in star wars where they call in the fleet of ex wings and they just come out of hyper speed. with the one in the front and another few in the back.

I'd love to hear any feedback. Thank you for all your help.

I just counted the jumps after making the edits and it was roughly 74 I think and with the jumps being as difficult as i made them now i would say the course is more accurately rated as hard.

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey iGhoztman,

It pains me to have to tell you that your map has been REJECTED.
  • Theme: Although we have many "Star Wars" themed maps currently on the server, none are themed after the "X-wing" specifically, So, this is most definitely an original map. Good job!
  • Build: In my opinion, the build is not very good as it's rather low effort. I say this because it's just the same barely detailed X-wing copy and pasted multiple times. In my opinion, a single really well-executed X-wing is much better than multiple of the same plain one. If you don't wish to do that type of build, then you must work on your detailing and shaping.
  • Parkour: The PK is too short for a hard for too hard for a medium, so you have to find some common ground and stick to one difficulty. It can't be either-or. Furthermore, I found the parkour to be way too repetitive. It was basically just going through segments of identical jumps. You have to use a variety of jumps/blocks throughout your map constantly, not just every 10 jumps you switch blocks.
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.