---------------------------------------------

First name Piper

Age 20

Country or Timezone
United States of America, CST

Discord username
xottontill

Why do you want to become staff?
I want to introduce new players to the experience I had. I want to see staff members interacting consistently, to have them help with even the most minor things, and to get a good start like I once did. I want them to feel the same warmth I had when I started so they feel comfortable and ready to continue playing on this server. I want to build a community with the people I love playing with, so every day feels fresh with activity, not stale from inactivity.

How long have you played on ManaCube?
I have been playing on and off for about five years, but within the last few months, I have been more active than ever. I have about 15 days overall, and I already have ~57 hours in the new Survival season

How many hours a week can you dedicate to Manacube? With my university classes, research, and upcoming work, I estimate about 20-25 hours a week, mainly after 4 pm. On the weekends, however, I’ll be available most of the time.

What skills do you feel you have that will help the server?
I’m a quick thinker. I react quickly to situations and give the best option I can think of to any problems that may come up. I’m also a relatively quick typist, so I can get back to people faster than someone who may type a lot slower. I’m also very outgoing, welcoming people when they join, and giving suggestions to people who ask for help with something.

What experiences have you had which could help you as staff? At my university, I am the president of a research club. As part of that, I have communicated through emails and messages with interested students and with the faculty advisor, so I have experience communicating through professional channels. In my classes, I am good at time management and communication, helping my classmates with their work when they ask for my help without question. Lastly, I worked as a tutor for about a year on my campus. Helping those people learn developed my teaching and communication, and having that experience working with others helped me grow.

What three attributes distinguish yourself from other players that qualify you to be a helper?
I’m very communicative. If someone has a question I can answer, I will respond as soon as possible with the steps they might need to take. With that, I am good at explaining how to do things and teaching the underlying meaning of those things. I’m also very honest, almost blunt; I will tell people how it is, with or without some padding to soften the blow. If someone is doing something wrong, they need to know it and not be put down easily. Lastly, I’m mature. While I may joke around with the people I know, when it comes down to it, I can get serious if need be. Being that kind of person who can be a friend but also stern really separates me from some people who might lean too far one way or the other.

Please explain what you believe the role of a staff member is.
The role of a staff member is to support. It is essential to help new players looking for somewhere to play and to make them feel confident enough to continue playing for years. As well, I want to be a friend to players. To make them comfortable and to make the time they spend more than just grinding out gear and money. Staff members are supposed to grow with the community they spend time with.

Are you able to use recording software? Yes, I can use OBS.

Anything else we should know?
This server has been a big part of my life for half a decade. While I may have been offline for a while, unable to play or play poorly, I still returned when times got tough. This server has been with me for a long time, and I’d love to pay it back at least once.

You are aware that all information provided must be true, and if found to be false, will result in an automatic rejection of this application
Yes

You are aware that if you are accepted, you will be required to use a microphone for some sections of staff training to talk with the senior staff member leading your initial and future training sessions:
Yes

You are aware that you may not use generative AI to write your application for you. Any suspicion of doing so will result in a rejection.
Yes

Last edited:

bunnie<3

uhuq
uhuq
Ratings
Your Minecraft Username
xottonvill

What server are you applying for
Survival

---------------------------------------------

First name Piper

Age 19

Country or Timezone
United States of America, CST

Discord username
xottontill

Why do you want to become staff?
I want to introduce new players to the experience I had. I want to see staff members interacting consistently, to have them help with even the most minor things, and to get a good start like I once did. I want them to feel the same warmth I had when I started so they feel comfortable and ready to continue playing on this server. I want to build a community with the people I love playing with, so every day feels fresh with activity, not stale from inactivity.

How long have you played on ManaCube?
I have been playing on and off for about five years, but within the last few months, I have been more active than ever. I have about 15 days overall, and I already have ~57 hours in the new Survival season

How many hours a week can you dedicate to Manacube? With my university classes, research, and upcoming work, I estimate about 20-25 hours a week, mainly after 4 pm. On the weekends, however, I’ll be available most of the time.

What skills do you feel you have that will help the server?
I’m a quick thinker. I react quickly to situations and give the best option I can think of to any problems that may come up. I’m also a relatively quick typist, so I can get back to people faster than someone who may type a lot slower. I’m also very outgoing, welcoming people when they join, and giving suggestions to people who ask for help with something.

What experiences have you had which could help you as staff? At my university, I am the president of a research club. As part of that, I have communicated through emails and messages with interested students and with the faculty advisor, so I have experience communicating through professional channels. In my classes, I am good at time management and communication, helping my classmates with their work when they ask for my help without question. Lastly, I worked as a tutor for about a year on my campus. Helping those people learn developed my teaching and communication, and having that experience working with others helped me grow.

What three attributes distinguish yourself from other players that qualify you to be a helper?
I’m very communicative. If someone has a question I can answer, I will respond as soon as possible with the steps they might need to take. With that, I am good at explaining how to do things and teaching the underlying meaning of those things. I’m also very honest, almost blunt; I will tell people how it is, with or without some padding to soften the blow. If someone is doing something wrong, they need to know it and not be put down easily. Lastly, I’m mature. While I may joke around with the people I know, when it comes down to it, I can get serious if need be. Being that kind of person who can be a friend but also stern really separates me from some people who might lean too far one way or the other.

Please explain what you believe the role of a staff member is.
The role of a staff member is to support. It is essential to help new players looking for somewhere to play and to make them feel confident enough to continue playing for years. As well, I want to be a friend to players. To make them comfortable and to make the time they spend more than just grinding out gear and money. Staff members are supposed to grow with the community they spend time with.

Are you able to use recording software? Yes, I can use OBS.

Anything else we should know?
This server has been a big part of my life for half a decade. While I may have been offline for a while, unable to play or play poorly, I still returned when times got tough. This server has been with me for a long time, and I’d love to pay it back at least once.

You are aware that all information provided must be true, and if found to be false, will result in an automatic rejection of this application
Yes

You are aware that if you are accepted, you will be required to use a microphone for some sections of staff training to talk with the senior staff member leading your initial and future training sessions:
Yes

You are aware that you may not use generative AI to write your application for you. Any suspicion of doing so will result in a rejection.
Yes
+1 really good in the responses!