a question to staff

Gqose

Ratings
To all the staff on mana cube, I have a question for you.
Why did you want to apply?
I’m just curious due to me wondering if I have the right mindset. ALSO, if you were a denied applicant, you can answer question. Hopefully this post will help more than me.

ashalee

Forum Expert
ELITE
ashalee
ashalee
ELITE
Ratings
395 5
This is a great question! I wanted to apply for many reasons, some of which include the following: I absolutely love Minecraft and that I'm someone who has a nature of being there for other people, especially those who are lost or in need of assistance. Whether it is in real life or through ManaCube, I find joy in assisting people with their needs and struggles therefore being able to volunteer on a game I love is very rewarding. When I first started playing Minecraft through the PC version, I was only ever introduced to minigame servers therefore I was oblivious to servers that had actual communities. Up until 2017, I had not been a part of a server that was made up of a community playerbase! Back in early to mid 2019 I had found ManaCube and I instantly fell in love with the community and how the server was developed. I had great experiences with finding those players to talk to therefore making friends quite early on! After an entire year of playing on ManaCube I finally decided to apply for staff. When I first joined the server I had no idea I would be applying that following year! Whether it is teaching new players about Olympus (the main server I moderate) or assisting players through support tickets every day, spreading positivity is my main goal. Now I know this might seem super cliche with all of the "it makes me happy when I help other people" statements, but honestly it is very rewarding. Even though it is just a game, the people I have met through being a part of the community/staff team are some of the best people ever.

Now I know you didn't ask for that entire backstory so here's a summary!
~I love Minecraft
~I strive to spread positivity wherever I go
~Aiding people with their needs is very rewarding
~The community makes it worth it
~I'm that "mom" friend of the group...I can't help it!

Proteges

Forum Master
VIP+
TheProTroller
TheProTroller
VIP+
Ratings
617 31
Hmm well, ManaCube seemed like a fun server and I was really interesting in working more in-depth for ManaCube, learning and practicing new responsibilities, etc. Also, I believe it was a good experience.

kxe

Forum Legend
ELITE
kxrose
kxrose
ELITE
Ratings
877 6
I love the community and helping others brings me joy. Also, there are very few Atlas main Olympus staff when I applied so that's another reason. It's also one of my main goals when I joined the server in January this year.
So yeah basically that's it. (not really but I don't wanna write out a whole essay on this)
TL;DR
- Love the community
- Love helping others
- Atlas main
- One of my main goals

pestolicious

Forum Expert
ELITE
pestolicious
pestolicious
ELITE
Ratings
410 14
HMM

I wanted to apply for staff mainly to support Islands. There were not many staff that dedicated majority of their time to the gamemode, so I wanted to contribute to fixing that !

I really enjoy helping people out and keeping Manacube a chill community for everyone, and so far it has been amazing :)

anxi

Forum Legend
ELITE
sunflowerv6
sunflowerv6
ELITE
Ratings
994 38
When I applied there weren't very many staff members in my timezone, let alone survival staff.
I also remember being that new player that knows nothing and no one, so I thought maybe if I become a staff member, I could help people that were in the same position that I was in.
Probably the biggest thing though, I met my closest friends on Mana while responding to reports. If I wasn't a staff member, I might not have met them. Of course when I applied I didn't know this, but after I realised, I was really encouraged to talk to more people and engage with people I normally wouldn't engage with, because they might end up being my best friend months later. @pestolicious teehee

Gqose

Ratings
This is a great question! I wanted to apply for many reasons, some of which include the following: I absolutely love Minecraft and that I'm someone who has a nature of being there for other people, especially those who are lost or in need of assistance. Whether it is in real life or through ManaCube, I find joy in assisting people with their needs and struggles therefore being able to volunteer on a game I love is very rewarding. When I first started playing Minecraft through the PC version, I was only ever introduced to minigame servers therefore I was oblivious to servers that had actual communities. Up until 2017, I had not been a part of a server that was made up of a community playerbase! Back in early to mid 2019 I had found ManaCube and I instantly fell in love with the community and how the server was developed. I had great experiences with finding those players to talk to therefore making friends quite early on! After an entire year of playing on ManaCube I finally decided to apply for staff. When I first joined the server I had no idea I would be applying that following year! Whether it is teaching new players about Olympus (the main server I moderate) or assisting players through support tickets every day, spreading positivity is my main goal. Now I know this might seem super cliche with all of the "it makes me happy when I help other people" statements, but honestly it is very rewarding. Even though it is just a game, the people I have met through being a part of the community/staff team are some of the best people ever.

Now I know you didn't ask for that entire backstory so here's a summary!
~I love Minecraft
~I strive to spread positivity wherever I go
~Aiding people with their needs is very rewarding
~The community makes it worth it
~I'm that "mom" friend of the group...I can't help it!
Hey! Thanks for that well made answer! I think your reason is awesome! See why you got applied!

Gqose

Ratings
When I applied there weren't very many staff members in my timezone, let alone survival staff.
I also remember being that new player that knows nothing and no one, so I thought maybe if I become a staff member, I could help people that were in the same position that I was in.
Probably the biggest thing though, I met my closest friends on Mana while responding to reports. If I wasn't a staff member, I might not have met them. Of course when I applied I didn't know this, but after I realised, I was really encouraged to talk to more people and engage with people I normally wouldn't engage with, because they might end up being my best friend months later. @pestolicious teehee
That’s awesome! You took one for the mana cube team to help out in your time zone! Good job!

Gqose

Ratings
Hmm well, ManaCube seemed like a fun server and I was really interesting in working more in-depth for ManaCube, learning and practicing new responsibilities, etc. Also, I believe it was a good experience.
Yeah! That’s basically why I want to apply!! Glad I’m not the only one who wants a better skill set and work ethic!

Gqose

Ratings
I love the community and helping others brings me joy. Also, there are very few Atlas main Olympus staff when I applied so that's another reason. It's also one of my main goals when I joined the server in January this year.
So yeah basically that's it. (not really but I don't wanna write out a whole essay on this)
TL;DR
- Love the community
- Love helping others
- Atlas main
- One of my main goals
Yeah! Helping people is a good reason! One of my reasons too!

Gqose

Ratings
HMM

I wanted to apply for staff mainly to support Islands. There were not many staff that dedicated majority of their time to the gamemode, so I wanted to contribute to fixing that !

I really enjoy helping people out and keeping Manacube a chill community for everyone, and so far it has been amazing :)
Nice! Yeah I noticed a lack of staff in that area good job for you noticing!

jasper_

Forum God
MVP
jaspernotcasper_
jaspernotcasper_
MVP
Ratings
1,232 233
I joined the staff team because I wanted to help a lot of people! I met some of my great friends while staffing!