A very small amount of suggestions I've been thinking about for a while

Which ideas were your favorite?

• 2 (Couldn't do #1 first because only 10 choices)

Results are only viewable after voting.

EndTheLag

Dedicated Member
PATRON+
EndTheLagg
EndTheLagg
Patron+
Ratings
104 14
Thanks to a couple of individuals I do not need to mention I've been encouraged to write down all my suggestions here. At first, I thought it would be a survival-only thing but after checking most if not all my suggestions could apply to most gamemodes/realms.

These suggestions vary in "doability" so I've sorta ranked them in 3 tiers from easiest/simplest to implement to more complex and some are straight-up revamps, so I'll be writing them down in order.

Most changes I do not expect to happen, especially the complex ones. But they're ideas I had that I'd like to throw out here
Simple Changes:
2. /trade Inventory size-up: Make it so I can trade more than 4 items at once in /trade, it's slightly frustrating especially when risking someone just backing out before trading the rest of the items.

3. Easier Money Trading: Remove the 100k coins/money trade amount (most people don't reasonably use that in survival/sb) and replace it with a 1 billion one. Or replace it as Jcccb said with a text input of how much you want to send over which would make things so much easier.

4. Make Boss Spawns Easier To Obtain: Pretty self explanatory, instead of just being a rare item from P quests or something along those lines make it an item obtainable in ancient/legendary/mythical crates, makes them easier to obtain while also making opening said crates more desirable.
Advanced Changes:
5. Parkour Race: Add a minigame similar to duels but make it a little parkour course that people can do, and make the difficulty/maps selectable. Would be nice but not necessary to allow players to bring in items of their own as well (for items like double jumps or e-pearls)

6. Boss-Specific Items: A new kind of boss drop that is strong, but can not be held in hand unless at /warp boss/during a boss fight. This could make bosses easier to fight while not affecting pvp. An alternative way is to add an sva that does bonus damage to bosses instead. Either way, I think items that could affect boss fights but not pvp would be nice.

7. Pond Change: Add in prestige-only ponds that could be exclusive to players who passed a certain prestige, like a pond for prestiges 1-3, 4-6, and 7+ prestiges. This would also buff the drops from each pond making it more desirable to prestige, as nobody really wants like a 10k coins as a reward. They could add a really rare crate key or myth crates or even a slight cubit payment in the higher-ranking ponds. This would also simplify the pond quest for prestigers as their ponds do not have as many people.

8. Boss Item Selection: After a boss fight each player would unlock more possible drops at certain damage done, so for example getting the Top 5 in damage would give 1 extra item, the Top 3 would be 2, and the highest damaging player could get 3 extra choices. I do not mean give them that many items but instead give them that many extra rerolls or that many items to choose from. This would decrease the disappointment when you carry a boss HARD and just end up with a trench pick or money pouch.
Complex Changes:
9. Boss Revamp: Ok I'm sure I'm not the first to say this but... Bosses are so damn boring, I'm sorry but this is supposed to be a difficult challenge that I need to work with friends in, Not an auto-clicker simulator... There are no phases, nothing distinguishing between each boss other than drops, and no attacks other than the same "Throw into air attack", "Stun attack", and "Hit attack". I feel each boss should be given some personality. Give each of them at least 1 unique attack. Make them summon minions that I need to defeat to kill the boss. And for the love of god add some sort of dodging phase, while also making the arena flatter and more open.

10. New /shop idea: I'm not sure where or how this could be implemented (But this could be a good option for the new Lifesteal realm). The main point is that items are sold and bought based on supply and demand. So you couldn't buy wood for example if nobody sold wood, and so it could encourage players to find and sell items that people seem to want and that not many people are selling. I'm sorry but having massive IG farms be the best and only effective way to make money just sucks. In the new Lifesteal realm this could make people try to look for items that could be bought low and resold high as a different item. It would also make people actually need to go get blocks themselves if nobody is selling them. Which honestly I feel makes it more like an actual "survival" experience (Assuming Lifesteal will be somewhat like survival)

11. Dungeon Crawler: They could make it so that there's a specific dungeon crawler gamemode (not a standalone realm but like a mini-realm inside each realm, kinda like /festival) Where you and optionally a team join in with no gear and you have to work your way up through boss fights and dungeons, getting stronger items that don't need to be that unique or special, they could even use svas from old crates in it it doesn't really matter. While also collecting money from each boss/enemy kill, which will be used before each boss fight where players can use said money to upgrade/enchant one of their gear or their own stats such as hp and speed. Make it endless or preferably limited, going through floors/rooms killing monsters and bosses until you reach the top of the top with the final boss. Kill it or die along the way and you will be given a choice between a few items depending on how far you got, of which some could be svas that are unique to this gamemode. The dungeon does not need to be randomly generated, hell it could be manually changed every month or so, to give people a chance to get better at it throughout the month. This idea is by far the MOST ambitious project and probably will never happen, but I feel it could add a really fun mode that is worth grinding for while not being in and of itself "grindy". For how money could be involved/ in it (as I'm SURE Mana needs to make some money if they decide to make such a thing), they could make it so that players could re-roll their options at the end of a run, or get more/better upgrades before each boss using cubits.

In the end, these are all nothing but my opinion, please share any ideas of your own or any criticisms/changes you would make to my suggestions.

Last edited:

DerSchroeder

ELITE
DerSchroeder
DerSchroeder
ELITE
Ratings
51 4
I like these ideas! I would agree with all your simple changes. All the ideas around Bossfights sound really nice and also very fun to play + it would still be manacube-like. Implementing a parkour race on other realms than parkour is an amazing idea aswell.
I wouldnt really agree 100% with the pond changes though- It would make everything pretty complicated + I like how pond is at all the realms right now. The last suggestion sounds pretty much like Trials to me so it wouldnt really be needed.
All in all I am a huge fan of your ideas and suggestions and hope that some of them get read by staff members and maybe coded into the game ;D

-Derry

EndTheLag

Dedicated Member
PATRON+
EndTheLagg
EndTheLagg
Patron+
Ratings
104 14
I like these ideas! I would agree with all your simple changes. All the ideas around Bossfights sound really nice and also very fun to play + it would still be manacube-like. Implementing a parkour race on other realms than parkour is an amazing idea aswell.
I wouldnt really agree 100% with the pond changes though- It would make everything pretty complicated + I like how pond is at all the realms right now. The last suggestion sounds pretty much like Trials to me so it wouldnt really be needed.
All in all I am a huge fan of your ideas and suggestions and hope that some of them get read by staff members and maybe coded into the game ;D

-Derry
thanks der! Regarding the whole trials thing I do agree somewhat but from what i heard trials is basically just a zombie waves kinda minigame, maybe it could be a separate part of Trials or something but i feel my suggestion suggests a different kind of gameplay!
also i do somewhat agree with ur statement about pond, so what if instead of a new pond it would be a higher layer kinda like in olympus where its only accessible at a certain point in progression. And to make the loot better just make it so some better loot jumps up to each of the respective levels. Idk its just an idea im having on the spot

xScrubbie

ELITE
xScrubbie
xScrubbie
ELITE
Ratings
The money trading thing PLEASE. If I wanna /trade for cubits with people I don't 100% trust, it's SO ANNOYING to have to click literally. 400+ times. Even just a 10m or, better yet, 100m option would be GREAT. but 1m? in this economy? annoying

Jcccb

QA Team
Jcccb
Jcccb
QA Team
Ratings
The trade ideas are nice, definitely increasing the space. Instead of replacing the quantities for higher ones, a chat input or anvil GUI to type the exact amount of currency would be very cool.

I like the boss ideas, definitely can add a lot more flavor and value to each one and make it all the more grindable. Granted I only play Olympus, but it seems inevitably if someone wants to fight a boss, they will get eggs and fight bosses. I'd love to see unique bosses and rewards out of that, rather than just /lb.

Dungeon Crawler is right up my alley, just not sure how it would translate to Mana / how long that would take, given it's definitely a very complex idea. Nonetheless, I live for dungeon crawlers and WOULD spend cubits rerolling lmao

Iamstingrae

QA Team
iAmStingRae
iAmStingRae
QA Team
Ratings
There are some good ideas here.
A qol upgrade for trading items and money would be useful. The trading gui had more slots previously so I'm not sure why that was reduced. Being able to do a custom payment amount in the trade would be nice so you don't need to trust someone to /pay.
A boss rework/rebalancing is definitely needed. It is frustrating to get some of the rewards especially in the late season, but those items are useful early season or to newer players. Not everything needs to be op. The bosses having different attack types and "personality" would be a nice touch.
I have also suggested a pond upgrade of some sort in the past. I'm not sure what a good solution is there other than pond is difficult for newer players when there are a few that are very very good at catching everything!

EndTheLag

Dedicated Member
PATRON+
EndTheLagg
EndTheLagg
Patron+
Ratings
104 14
There are some good ideas here.
A qol upgrade for trading items and money would be useful. The trading gui had more slots previously so I'm not sure why that was reduced. Being able to do a custom payment amount in the trade would be nice so you don't need to trust someone to /pay.
A boss rework/rebalancing is definitely needed. It is frustrating to get some of the rewards especially in the late season, but those items are useful early season or to newer players. Not everything needs to be op. The bosses having different attack types and "personality" would be a nice touch.
I have also suggested a pond upgrade of some sort in the past. I'm not sure what a good solution is there other than pond is difficult for newer players when there are a few that are very very good at catching everything!
Thats why i suggested the higher tier ponds, so that the more skilled pond players would probably be in a higher tier than the new players, giving the better players better rewards, and the new players a chance to get loot themselves. Thanks for your feedback sting!

Regarding your boss drops comment it doesnt really need to be a drop from a boss, could be an sva aswell. and also while yes some of the drops are useful to newer players, i think the whole "extra slots/items to choose from" idea makes it so that players who are more ahead in the game (by doing more damage) can have better chances of getting the drops they need.

Last edited:

Iamstingrae

QA Team
iAmStingRae
iAmStingRae
QA Team
Ratings
Thats why i suggested the higher tier ponds, so that the more skilled pond players would probably be in a higher tier than the new players, giving the better players better rewards, and the new players a chance to get loot themselves. Thanks for your feedback sting!
I don't know if you remember, but I had suggested something similar last May in this post: https://manacube.com/threads/server-wide-and-survival-suggestions.89123/

I'm not sure how difficult it would be to implement something like that, but I think it would overall improve the player experience with pond.

EndTheLag

Dedicated Member
PATRON+
EndTheLagg
EndTheLagg
Patron+
Ratings
104 14

bloubird

VIP
bloubird
bloubird
VIP
Ratings
+1 on both #2 and #3

I agree with the frustration over multiple trades being necessary for larger amounts and the uncertainty that comes with doing segmented trades with people you do not know well. As Scrubbie said, "1m? in this economy? annoying."

+1 #7

There should definitely be some way to overhaul pond to make it more accessible to everyone. I am not certain how much work this tiered system would be for the staff, but I think it's a good idea to separate by experience level.