About the Annoying "Apply for Staff" Message.

remove and/or be able to toggle annoying chat flooding messages?

• yes

Votes: 27 87.1%
  • no

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters

Simply

PATRON
Simplly
Simplly
Patron
Ratings
112 7
1642267051567.png

You've probably encountered this message over the past day far too many times. And I'm just gonna say right now, this is a terrible way to go about requesting players to apply for staff.

But why? Because it's going to lead to a plethora of applications that do not meet the requirements or are troll applications.

But let's put aside all the troll applications and say that every single player that applies for staff is a worthy candidate. You are still sending this message over and over again to players that have not already submitted an application, but to the whopping 99% of players who do not wish to be staff, nor to apply.

Point being, the message is incredibly annoying and it is targeting a lot of players who don't want to be/don't qualify for staff. If you want more staff, notice the well-behaved players individually and reach out to them personally. Yes that takes more effort, but holy mother of god seeing this fucking message every other minute of my time on the server is infuriating. Let us at LEAST toggle it.

iAmBungee

Dedicated Member
PATRON+
iAmBungee
iAmBungee
Patron+
Ratings
146 8
View attachment 56913

You've probably encountered this message over the past day far too many times. And I'm just gonna say right now, this is a terrible way to go about requesting players to apply for staff.

But why? Because it's going to lead to a plethora of applications that do not meet the requirements or are troll applications.

But let's put aside all the troll applications and say that every single player that applies for staff is a worthy candidate. You are still sending this message over and over again to players that have not already submitted an application, but to the whopping 99% of players who do not wish to be staff, nor to apply.

Point being, the message is incredibly annoying and it is targeting a lot of players who don't want to be/don't qualify for staff. If you want more staff, notice the well-behaved players individually and reach out to them personally. Yes that takes more effort, but holy mother of god seeing this fucking message every other minute of my time on the server is infuriating. Let us at LEAST toggle it.
+1. The message is extremely annoying. Wouldn't be an issue if it didn't pop up as frequent as it does. Preferably they'll add an option to toggle it.

taylor - tayluhr

PATRON+
tayluhr
tayluhr
Patron+
Ratings
24 3
+1, You have a point, straightforward it is annoying.

D

Deleted member 105599

Yeah I agree, sometimes it can get annoying, not to be rude, just saying! :)

Stirskey

PATRON
Wulaosuu
Wulaosuu
Patron
Ratings
Hmm, I wouldn't mind if they toned down the rate a bit but also included somewhere in the broadcast something along the lines of "please read the requirements" or something like that? Just my thoughts.

Geovara

ELITE
Ge0vara
Ge0vara
ELITE
Ratings
I agree with the toggle idea and with the fact that requirements should also be mentioned.

Audiths

QA Team
Audiths
Audiths
QA Team
Ratings
90 20
+1 and remove the other announcements from chat too like “christmas crate is here!!”

Swordley

PATRON+
Swordley
Swordley
VIP+
Ratings
If u click on the link ing u just get to the staff form and dont even see the requirements thats dumb if u ask me. 98% of the applys are under 300 words and meet no requirements since u dont see them before

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,321 82
Hey! We have requested for this message to be less frequent as it is a little spammy. I can totally see why it is causing frustration - however, I personally think it is nice to advertise that we are currently looking to promote staff.

As for the concerns about players not meeting the requirements, it’s very possible they’re just excited and hoping for the best. We can’t force people to read the requirements, and even if we could solve that with a captcha etc, it doesn’t guarantee that they will go ahead and meet the requirements. If someone is unwilling to read/meet them, I think that serves as evidence enough whether someone is ready or not, I personally don’t view it as an issue at all - having handled applications myself for a decent period :D

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
959 435
that message can fucking die. I do not want to apply for staff. I do not wish to be staff right now. I wish with chathide, or just a command like "/hide tooltips" could be used correctly.

Ratings
I mean... this can be said for a lot of the messages that flood chat, for example; Lag clear, the outpost message on factions, and even yes- the "apply for staff" message. Thus, maybe just have a command that toggles messages from console or certain plugins. So your chat is strictly player communication. That, and being able to toggle the scoreboard would be nice for players who don't use it as much (like me). Then again, I think you're a little picky or easily-irritated if this stuff bothers you THAT much, just would be a nice addition.

+0.5

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
It’s as annoying as any of the other system messages that appear in chat. An option to toggle one should be an option to toggle them all.

anxi

Forum Legend
ELITE
sunflowerv6
sunflowerv6
ELITE
Ratings
994 38
I mean... this can be said for a lot of the messages that flood chat, for example; Lag clear, the outpost message on factions, and even yes- the "apply for staff" message. Thus, maybe just have a command that toggles messages from console or certain plugins. So your chat is strictly player communication. That, and being able to toggle the scoreboard would be nice for players who don't use it as much (like me). Then again, I think you're a little picky or easily-irritated if this stuff bothers you THAT much, just would be a nice addition.

+0.5
With the entity clearer, it massively effects players. High value items can be lost and have been in the past, its necessary to announce in chat. The server needing staff is not, especially as often as the messages are. They are not the same.
The scoreboard has always been able to be hidden, but I think it's been temp disabled or it's not working at the moment.
People arent being picky because they dont want their chat spammed with the same message every 5 minutes about something they don't care about and may have negative opinions about. It is irritating to the people that don't want to see it.

In addition to the players that just don't want to see the messages, the people that actually do notice them and apply are straight up garbage. They don't read the requirements and are just applying for the hell of it.
Staff used to be discouraged to send people a link directly to staff apps, since if they're applying, they should already know how to navigate the forums. This is completely ignored now and no longer discourages random people from applying, creating more work for helper management.

Being able to toggle messages like these would be very convenient, buut realistically they aren't going to remove them lol

iAmBungee

Dedicated Member
PATRON+
iAmBungee
iAmBungee
Patron+
Ratings
146 8
With the entity clearer, it massively effects players. High value items can be lost and have been in the past, its necessary to announce in chat. The server needing staff is not, especially as often as the messages are. They are not the same.
The scoreboard has always been able to be hidden, but I think it's been temp disabled or it's not working at the moment.
People arent being picky because they dont want their chat spammed with the same message every 5 minutes about something they don't care about and may have negative opinions about. It is irritating to the people that don't want to see it.

In addition to the players that just don't want to see the messages, the people that actually do notice them and apply are straight up garbage. They don't read the requirements and are just applying for the hell of it.
Staff used to be discouraged to send people a link directly to staff apps, since if they're applying, they should already know how to navigate the forums. This is completely ignored now and no longer discourages random people from applying, creating more work for helper management.

Being able to toggle messages like these would be very convenient, buut realistically they aren't going to remove them lol
100% agree with you on everything you said.

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
959 435

+0.5
you can toggle the scoreboard I believe. The command is like /fb toggle.

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
Agreed with most of what you said anxi, but you know as well as anyone that there have been and will always be unqualified staff applications that don't read the requirements. There are a lot right now because of the message, but I wonder whether it actually makes much difference since they're just automatic rejects.

The message is out for a reason: staff numbers are low across the network. Management wants applications. Qualified, legitimate applicants are seeing the message and saying "why not now?" and applying, which was the goal of the message in the first place.