About the Annoying "Apply for Staff" Message.

remove and/or be able to toggle annoying chat flooding messages?

• yes

Votes: 27 87.1%
  • no

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters

anxi

Forum Legend
ELITE
sunflowerv6
sunflowerv6
ELITE
Ratings
994 38
Agreed with most of what you said anxi, but you know as well as anyone that there have been and will always be unqualified staff applications that don't read the requirements. There are a lot right now because of the message, but I wonder whether it actually makes much difference since they're just automatic rejects.

The message is out for a reason: staff numbers are low across the network. Management wants applications. Qualified, legitimate applicants are seeing the message and saying "why not now?" and applying, which was the goal of the message in the first place.
Of course there'll always be unqualified staff apps, but like you said there are more now because of the message. It still takes time to generate a rejection message, as well as any follow up questions the applicants might have. I think it's counterproductive and doesn't do what they think it does.

If someone wanted to apply, an automated message in-game wouldn't be the push. If it happened to be though, I can't imagine that person would be very invested in applying if that's what the trigger was.

Presidenten

Forum Master
ELITE
Hampifant
Hampifant
ELITE
Ratings
521 13
Its like if retail stores would be screaming "we are looking for workers, please apply" in the speaker every 5 minutes.
But it makes sense they are doing it since most staff are leaving. I wonder why they are though, maybe they dont get treated well by the admins.