Add Shout Ban Punishments to Bans Website

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,899 47
I think there should be an added tab to the punishment website for shout bans. I think since it already shows mutes, kicks, and bans, it should also the 4th type of punishment that players can get. (perhaps also another tab for game mode specific bans [factions - month of April ban] for example. but that's different from the intention of this thread)
This information will help the rest of the players see who they're really playing with, and how they abuse abilities they have. It provides the same information to players as other punishments and potentially could be used as references for further investigation and punishments.
I do not think that it would be too difficult to add since it would be a similar system to the current punishment system, where there is a command entered and automatically gets entered into the website system.
Perhaps a member of staff can explain better how it works if I have a misunderstanding. Or if someone could explain why this might not be doable or a good thing to add.

I would add this to the suggestions website, but it's dead.
https://manacube.com/threads/edit-for-the-suggestions-website.60208/#post-201508

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,276 98
To be honest, I think that this would be an interesting feature to see- however, I'm not sure how this would be useful...? In general, I don't see much use in the punishments website- as a punishment is something somewhat personal... at least for me. I don't enjoy having anyone being able to look up my previous history, because a lot of people like to use it against me. Though, this isn't the thread to complain about it- so I'm just gonna end it here.

Mik

Forum Expert
ELITE
mtb130
mtb130
ELITE
Ratings
193 36
I do think this could be a nice suggestion to add in the future but currently we really don't see chat rules broken in /shout and only in the rarest of situations to we provide shout bans. I personally have only used it once. Not saying that this is a bad suggestions at all but I do believe you over estimate greatly the amount of punishments we hand out over shouts.

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,899 47
The biggest use I see for this is when reviewing someone on their staff application. But also, I would look at someone's punishments if I've heard of them being bad before and not sure how much respect to give. Or maybe someone would reference the punishments as a restriction for joining a clan/island/party/faction etc. I've seen people get shout banned, but not regular muted. Mutes are given because you said something to get at another person, and a shout ban is just another type of mute.
I think the same arguments could be used for there to be no punishment website at all. I don't see a reason to try to hide any punishment, especially when it's already in players' logs.
I don't think the volume of punishments is the reason for there being the website.
we really don't see chat rules broken in /shout
well, generally you don't see chat rules broken in chat. okay- like- most chat messages aren't breaking the chat rules, just like most shouts don't break the chat rules. But the chat mutes are still shared on the website.

The inspiration for this idea came when someone got muted for disrespect on an alt, they then used their main to continue the disrespect in shout, and then were shout banned. What's the line where the decision is made to ban for mute bypass or to shout ban?( @Mik )

Stormy, if people use your punishment to attack you, they're extremely sad. They're legit just looking for anything to make you angry because they're despicable.

anxi

Forum Legend
ELITE
sunflowerv6
sunflowerv6
ELITE
Ratings
994 38
well,

you don't see chat rules broken in chat. okay- like- most chat messages aren't breaking the chat rules, just like most shouts don't break the chat rules. But the chat mutes are still shared on the website.
You definitely do lol. I've only had to shout ban a couple of people since shouts were introduced. I think I've muted more than a couple of people since then too.
As Mike said, shout bans really are not that common. I don't see why having them displayed on the website would really help. As for staff applications, the only people who need to view the punishment history of applicants is the Helper Management team. When commenting on staff apps you should comment on your experience with the person and how you see them, not that time they were shout banned for a half hour for something small.
I would look at someone's punishments if I've heard of them being bad before and not sure how much respect to give.
Looking at someone's punishment history is not how you should determine how much respect to give them. Their personality and how they treat you now should determine that. I understand a lengthy history may discourage you but judging someone purely by punishments in their past is not the way to go.
Not sure how you were able to say you determine how much you can respect someone by looking at their previous mutes, and then also say people that use your punishments to attack you are sad & despicable.

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,276 98
I'm gonna have to agree with Anxi on this one... most people here will know by now that I have extensive punishment history on Manacube, but I never let that stop me from playing. So long as I'm not banned I'll continue to play- but that doesn't stop people from insulting me. I've had people specifically look me up on the punishment website to try and find reasons to attack me if they can't come up with one that doesn't involve attacking me over my stupid mute history. I am well aware that there are people on the server who would like to see me muted still. Surely- there are people who think I'm a "bad person." If you hadn't known me beforehand you would have just assumed I was a bad person. But, if a person ever gets to know me they'll figure out I'm not a bad person... people just like to make up stupid lies and rumours about me so when I hear that there's hell coming my way I might blow up and get my ass muted again.
Edit: What's truly pathetic is how people decide how they should treat a person based on previous punishment history. Everyone should be treated with the same amount of respect because you don't know what people are going through. I try to remain respectful towards everyone, even trolls... because when you start acting disrespectful- you're no better than them...

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,899 47
You definitely do lol. I've only had to shout ban a couple of people since shouts were introduced. I think I've muted more than a couple of people since then too.
As Mike said, shout bans really are not that common. I don't see why having them displayed on the website would really help. As for staff applications, the only people who need to view the punishment history of applicants is the Helper Management team. When commenting on staff apps you should comment on your experience with the person and how you see them, not that time they were shout banned for a half hour for something small.

Looking at someone's punishment history is not how you should determine how much respect to give them. Their personality and how they treat you now should determine that. I understand a lengthy history may discourage you but judging someone purely by punishments in their past is not the way to go.
Not sure how you were able to say you determine how much you can respect someone by looking at their previous mutes, and then also say people that use your punishments to attack you are sad & despicable.
In this case, the hyphen was used to create a cut. If you're looking for an example of this, it's often used in playwriting.
So if we go back and evaluate the sentence now, "you don't see chat rules broken in chat", clearly that doesn't make much sense because that's the only place chat rules could be broken. We then continue reading, and we see the authors' thoughts are written in a stutter, this is because the previous sentence may have caused some confusion, and there needed to be a brief instance of time to clear the reader's mind before continuing. Thanks for coming to today's English class. Now we proceed, "most chat messages aren't breaking the chat rules, just like most shouts don't break the chat rules. But the chat mutes are still shared on the website. " How many people can talk in chat? More than two million. How many people can shout? Probably about a thousand total. So which one do you think would have more offenses? Well, I think it's pretty clear.
These punishments are still punishments. They should be shown just like any other punishment.
Members should definitely be reviewing the punishments of players when giving their opinion on a person's eligibility for staff. Those comments should be about all of your histories with them, not just when they helped you once with a mob grinder or whatever. Thinking otherwise suggests to others as if there is something to hide.
Perhaps my use of words, 'how much respect to give', wasn't the best choice to explain my thoughts. If only you knew the attacks that have been put forth to me, then you'd see why I would reference the punishments of a player as a reason to treat them respectfully or not. But instead of doing research, it seems as if there was a jump to a conclusion of me being unethical, and a twist of words to imply me as despicable.
To assume and judge someone based on what their ethics say is villainous. It's an attack on someone's personal core values that run deep in their lives. You don't need to respect someone to give care and aid.

This idea is not to show a reason to hide all of the punishment website. It is to suggest the inclusion of all punishments, starting with shoutbans.
The idea to not include them because they are not common has little weight since they are mutes, which are punishments. Not including shoutbans would be similar to not including bans for plot boosting on Olympus since they've only happened twice this season.

jasper_

Forum God
MVP
jaspernotcasper_
jaspernotcasper_
MVP
Ratings
1,232 233
I think this shouldn’t be added. Because as Stormy said, ban history can be used against the people who have that history in hurtful ways. Also, I don’t see why people need to see shout bans unless they are staff :/

anxi

Forum Legend
ELITE
sunflowerv6
sunflowerv6
ELITE
Ratings
994 38
In this case, the hyphen was used to create a cut. If you're looking for an example of this, it's often used in playwriting.
So if we go back and evaluate the sentence now, "you don't see chat rules broken in chat", clearly that doesn't make much sense because that's the only place chat rules could be broken. We then continue reading, and we see the authors' thoughts are written in a stutter, this is because the previous sentence may have caused some confusion, and there needed to be a brief instance of time to clear the reader's mind before continuing. Thanks for coming to today's English class. Now we proceed, "most chat messages aren't breaking the chat rules, just like most shouts don't break the chat rules. But the chat mutes are still shared on the website. " How many people can talk in chat? More than two million. How many people can shout? Probably about a thousand total. So which one do you think would have more offenses? Well, I think it's pretty clear.
These punishments are still punishments. They should be shown just like any other punishment.
Members should definitely be reviewing the punishments of players when giving their opinion on a person's eligibility for staff. Those comments should be about all of your histories with them, not just when they helped you once with a mob grinder or whatever. Thinking otherwise suggests to others as if there is something to hide.
Perhaps my use of words, 'how much respect to give', wasn't the best choice to explain my thoughts. If only you knew the attacks that have been put forth to me, then you'd see why I would reference the punishments of a player as a reason to treat them respectfully or not. But instead of doing research, it seems as if there was a jump to a conclusion of me being unethical, and a twist of words to imply me as despicable.
To assume and judge someone based on what their ethics say is villainous. It's an attack on someone's personal core values that run deep in their lives. You don't need to respect someone to give care and aid.

This idea is not to show a reason to hide all of the punishment website. It is to suggest the inclusion of all punishments, starting with shoutbans.
The idea to not include them because they are not common has little weight since they are mutes, which are punishments. Not including shoutbans would be similar to not including bans for plot boosting on Olympus since they've only happened twice this season.
Just sharing my thoughts. Not going to go back and fourth with you, but I am not judging anyone on what their ethics say. This is not meant to be an attack on anyone at all, I was just sharing my opinion on your post.