Am I the only person who feels this way?

jasper_

Forum God
MVP
jaspernotcasper_
jaspernotcasper_
MVP
Ratings
1,232 233
Alright. I'm just going to say it. Mojang is ruining minecraft. They keep doing unnecessary updates and adding stuff we don't need into the game. Even though the new stuff is cool, it just doesn't have the same feel as it did when it was still the aquatic update. And now they are adding axolotls, though they are cute, they just don't suit the game well. Nether fortresses are hard t o find now, making some players (like dream for example) get pretty mad. Am I just bitter?

frickedison

PATRON
WeTheSouth
WeTheSouth
Patron
Ratings
20 1
When microsoft bought the company it all went downhill, theyve released like 1 good update

PyroTortilla

Forum Master
MVP+
PyroTortilla
PyroTortilla
MVP+
Ratings
387 10
I think that they feel pressured to release these big updates due to the lack of updates in the past leading to a massive decrease in players. I wouldn’t say they’re ruining MineCraft because you can always just play on an older version without any issue, just think they’re answering the demands of the players a few years too late with the nether and cave updates.

jasper_

Forum God
MVP
jaspernotcasper_
jaspernotcasper_
MVP
Ratings
1,232 233
Yeah Microsoft kinda screwed stuff up

But next thing you know they 'll have a gun update, vehicles, who knows. It could end up like fortnite who knows.

tylerbub1277

PATRON
tylerbub1277
tylerbub1277
Patron
Ratings
Minecraft, in my opinion, was built on the base understanding of simplicity. Creating easy to understand updates and implementing easy to use items that don't drastically change how the game is played. Mojang had slow updates, but each update would be well developed and ironed out. Since Microsoft took over, they have adopted this method of including a lot of things at one time, with little testing and usage determination. They try to change how the whole game works by adding these "wow factor" updates that, on the surface look good, but once people start to get used to them and see what was added, realize the uselessness of some of the items or changes. Mojang was focused on creating a game that was suitable for every age and strove for simplicity in its mechanics so that everyone could enjoy, whereas Microsoft has attempted to do what they do with every game they interact with, create a way to make money, fail to listen to the community, thereby decreasing the integrity of the game and their company. I will give Microsoft credit in that they do create different and cool new features in a quicker manner than Mojang, but at the expense of quality and overall appeal.

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
I mean- there's a mod for practically everything... and while I do appreciate these new features and updates, I can see how it can be a bad thing- I mean netherite is kinda hard to find. The best way to find it is either blast mining with beds or strip mining (which is what I usually do). I have a friend who knows can algorithm mine since there's apparently a formula you can use to estimate where a certain ore will spawn. Using that formula, my friend was able to get us both a set of netherite armour within an hour or less. It's pretty overpowered- and people have accused him of xraying. However, those claims have never been proven.
I personally feel it's a bit cheaty, but it's written into the game's code so technically it's just utilizing what's already implemented into the game without the use of side mods or hacked clients. Really, aren't hacked clients just modded clients that give people unfair advantages?

Acrellux

Forum God
ELITE
Acrellux
Acrellux
ELITE
Ratings
1,364 146
I mean- there's a mod for practically everything... and while I do appreciate these new features and updates, I can see how it can be a bad thing- I mean netherite is kinda hard to find. The best way to find it is either blast mining with beds or strip mining (which is what I usually do). I have a friend who knows can algorithm mine since there's apparently a formula you can use to estimate where a certain ore will spawn. Using that formula, my friend was able to get us both a set of netherite armour within an hour or less. It's pretty overpowered- and people have accused him of xraying. However, those claims have never been proven.
I personally feel it's a bit cheaty, but it's written into the game's code so technically it's just utilizing what's already implemented into the game without the use of side mods or hacked clients. Really, aren't hacked clients just modded clients that give people unfair advantages?
Netherite armor is better than diamond armor that's why it's harder to find...

Laney:
For me I think you're bitter, no offense. And I see where you're coming from. I think at least we have more stuff to do and more objects and more biomes and stuff. Um...I'm content with the updates

ItsAndri

Dedicated Member
MVP+
ItsAndri
ItsAndri
MVP+
Ratings
91 2
Alright. I'm just going to say it. Mojang is ruining minecraft. They keep doing unnecessary updates and adding stuff we don't need into the game. Even though the new stuff is cool, it just doesn't have the same feel as it did when it was still the aquatic update. And now they are adding axolotls, though they are cute, they just don't suit the game well. Nether fortresses are hard t o find now, making some players (like dream for example) get pretty mad. Am I just bitter?
I agree on everything you said but the axolotls. I like how axolotls are getting added, but i think (im not sure) they are getting added into 1.17 so peaople know better about them, and they are a specie in danger so more people could help and that stuff, you know. Nether update was nice but as you said, lots of bad things too. But dream gets lucky seeds a lot, so don't worry about him ;). I do understand your way of thinking, and i partly agree with you.

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98

Laney:
For me I think you're bitter, no offense. And I see where you're coming from. I think at least we have more stuff to do and more objects and more biomes and stuff. Um...I'm content with the updates
I don't really see the point of the nether update... it was cool and all, but laney mentioned nether fortresses being rarer.
Not sure if that's anything with the updates- but... the point still remains.

ItsAndri

Dedicated Member
MVP+
ItsAndri
ItsAndri
MVP+
Ratings
91 2
@laney microsoft screwed everything up, the whole account migration thing is sh*t, and i keep getting logged out of my minecraft account.

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
I agree on everything you said but the axolotls. I like how axolotls are getting added, but i think (im not sure) they are getting added into 1.17 so peaople know better about them, and they are a specie in danger so more people could help and that stuff, you know. Nether update was nice but as you said, lots of bad things too. But dream gets lucky seeds a lot, so don't worry about him ;). I do understand your way of thinking, and i partly agree with you.
I'm pretty sure they are critically endangered, but there are LOTS of animals that are NOT in Minecraft that are also critically endangered. What about tigers? Or elephants?

ItsAndri

Dedicated Member
MVP+
ItsAndri
ItsAndri
MVP+
Ratings
91 2
I'm pretty sure they are critically endangered, but there are LOTS of animals that are NOT in Minecraft that are also critically endangered. What about tigers? Or elephants?
Hmm. It makes sense. I also pointed out that i am not completely sure about what i said.

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
Hmm. It makes sense. I also pointed out that i am not completely sure about what i said.
they did update aquatic to help educate the community on the importance of our oceans and aquatic life. It would be cool if they did a jungle biome revamp so people could learn about the importance of those too. Maybe perhaps add a rainforest biome? I mean, jungle rainforest I feel would look the same- not sure. I looked up what the difference is between the two biomes, and this is what I got: "A rainforest, like a jungle, is filled with thick vegetation—but unlike a jungle, it has a layer of tall trees, called a canopy, that blocks out most of the sunlight. So while jungles have a ton of stuff happening below your feet, rainforests don't—most of the action is happening in the trees above." This could be interesting, as the trees could generate in thick clusters- even growing into one another and making it so any mobs spawn within the tree canopy and not on the ground.

ItsAndri

Dedicated Member
MVP+
ItsAndri
ItsAndri
MVP+
Ratings
91 2
they did update aquatic to help educate the community on the importance of our oceans and aquatic life. It would be cool if they did a jungle biome revamp so people could learn about the importance of those too. Maybe perhaps add a rainforest biome? I mean, jungle rainforest I feel would look the same- not sure. I looked up what the difference is between the two biomes, and this is what I got: "A rainforest, like a jungle, is filled with thick vegetation—but unlike a jungle, it has a layer of tall trees, called a canopy, that blocks out most of the sunlight. So while jungles have a ton of stuff happening below your feet, rainforests don't—most of the action is happening in the trees above." This could be interesting, as the trees could generate in thick clusters- even growing into one another and making it so any mobs spawn within the tree canopy and not on the ground.
Yes, minecraft jungles are super boring, just a bunch of trees and an ocelot here and there (speaking of which, ocelots are useless now because cats are found in villages) and pandas (correct me if im wrong) spawn in jungles. They definetely should add new mobs/useful animals.

ItsAndri

Dedicated Member
MVP+
ItsAndri
ItsAndri
MVP+
Ratings
91 2
Microsoft killed minecraft's point. The only thing they need to do is rename it to WindowsCraft smh

ashalee

Forum Expert
ELITE
ashalee
ashalee
ELITE
Ratings
395 5
Personally I don't feel this way at all. With some updates, some items can be completely useless, however I've really enjoyed some new ones!

Overall, Minecraft was made with the intention that a player would need to survive, mine, craft, and repeat. Due to so many updates, lots of things have changed for the better! We wouldn't be able to have such diverse blocks, mini games, servers, plugins, etc. if Minecraft hadn't updated. Looking back at the very first version of Minecraft, I don't even think I'd still be playing if we only had a set of 10 blocks to use! With every update, the game itself keeps improving. Especially coming from a minigame lover and creative player, the block varieties are amazing and the minigames just keep coming!

I can totally see y'all's standpoints though, I do agree that some updates weren't too fun. However, with those updates, new coding, new achievements, etc. are made! If Minecraft stayed outdated for too long, many people would get bored. That's what I love so much about Minecraft; it's hard to get bored when there are so many things to do in both single-player and multiplayer! With updates, there are new terrains, items, mobs, etc. to learn about/explore and I find it super fun to have small additions like that every once in awhile!

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
What Ashley said reminded me of something- from a content creator's perspective, it could be difficult coming up with new ideas on what to do with the game. Having new updates to explore different aspects of the game, creating things that have never been seen before- it's things updates open the door to. Not to mention, what about the lore behind Minecraft? What's the story behind it? There are constantly new features being added- and I believe that there was something about dig sites being added as an archeological aspect to the game. I know that this is diverging from the main point of Minecraft- but think about the lore the community could create. It would give more resources and ideas for content creators to play with. Animated Minecraft videos can only go so far with a person's imagination- there has to be some aspects of that concept within the game. This probably doesn't make any sense- but basically what I'm trying to say is if you were watching an animated video that had aspects of made up lore about the game, and creatures that you've never seen before, you could get confused, no? So by adding those creatures and that lore into the game itself- it gives the creator the ability to utilize it in animations without having to explain the meaning behind the animation.

falconcat2000

Dedicated Member
VIP+
oHungry
oHungry
VIP+
Ratings
47 2
dont blame mojang blame microsoft, but i agree with what cookie kat said. thinking of ideas can be hard

Acrellux

Forum God
ELITE
Acrellux
Acrellux
ELITE
Ratings
1,364 146

Laney:
Omg I'm just voicing my opinions