Banned while doing a parkour

Ratings
Thread Title
Manacube - Sofiscat - Reason: Explot (#5)

--------------------------------------------------

Your Username: Sofiscat

Date and Server: 02/04/2021

Why you were punished
I don't know, I was doing a parkour on a Plot that a friend invited, and when I finished I wanted to thank the person which invited me, so I picked up a Book and Feather and wrote that he was an amazing builder, but when I clicked on "Done" I was suddently banned from the parkour server and my minecraft crashed.

Have you been banned on Manacube before?
No, I was never banned on Manacube.

Why should you be unbanned or unmuted?:
Because I swear that I was just doing the parkour, and I was so happy that I have finished it, but then I was banned from the server for no reason, I can't understand. I am really sorry if I did anything wrong, but I don't even know what I could possibly have done. I love this server because of the parkour, and I would never do something that would let me get banned from it on purpose.

Any evidence to support your appeal:
I don't think I have anything to proof that I didn't do anything, but I remember that the name of the guy from the plot I was doing the parkour is something like "bread71" and something more. Maybe he can proof that I was doing the parkour.

Ratings
I didn't see the book you wrote for me but thank you so much. And for anyone else who this thread may relate to, yes, this person was at my plot for a while, and yes, he is talking about me.

Acceptation

Dedicated Member
MVP
Acceptation
Acceptation
MVP
Ratings
Hey @Sofiscat,

Unfortunately, this is not the correct place to appeal your punishment. You can appeal your punishment HERE and then a staff member will review it. What you have written here is perfectly fine, just make a new thread and copy and paste what you have already written.

Mika

Forum Expert
ELITE
qMika
qMika
ELITE
Ratings
179 5
Heyo,
I've just tried this on my own and yes, you get kicked from Parkour and it says you would've been banned, but don't worry it's not true. You just have to ask a Mod to "unban" you again, and you should be fine and able to play again so no need to appeal!
Best regards,
Mika

Update: A Senior Moderator has to remove the book and quill out of your inventory.

Last edited:

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
Just to clear up any possible confusion and for future reference- using book and quill isn’t allowed and is considered an exploit which is why you got banned. Unfortunately, I’m not sure why it is an exploit, so if anyone knows the reasoning please let me know :)

Mika

Forum Expert
ELITE
qMika
qMika
ELITE
Ratings
179 5
Just to clear up any possible confusion and for future reference- using book and quill isn’t allowed and is considered an exploit which is why you got banned. Unfortunately, I’m not sure why it is an exploit, so if anyone knows the reasoning please let me know :)
As I wrote in my post above, it's only a glitch and not an actual ban.

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
As I wrote in my post above, it's only a glitch and not an actual ban.
I know, but I thought someone told me using books and quills isn’t allowed because it’s a banned item or something, idk. You can’t get them on some game modes... idk how u would get one on parkour.

caleb!

Dedicated Member
ELITE
imageyser
imageyser
ELITE
Ratings
251 8
Players liked to create crash books that would crash players, so books are generally disabled for players to prevent this from happening in the future ;D

Mika

Forum Expert
ELITE
qMika
qMika
ELITE
Ratings
179 5
I know, but I thought someone told me using books and quills isn’t allowed because it’s a banned item or something, idk. You can’t get them on some game modes... idk how u would get one on parkour.
You can get those in the map maker world, in which you're set in creative mode :)

Ratings
So, there's at least two known exploits you can do using books that involve writing a bunch of unicode characters in them that contain more information than normal text. The first is getting players chunk banned because they loaded a chunk which contains too much information for the server for the game to handle properly (because of all the books with lots of data). You may be able to do this with just specific players as well by having them pick up one or more of these books, but I'm not sure. The second exploit involves the same or a similar mechanism, but it's a way to dupe items. If you set up a mechanism to do the exploit correctly, as well as perform whatever other actions you need to do in the right way, the game will get confused and put the items you had into the chunk they were in before, but also keep them in the chunk with more information. This duplicates your items.

I don't know if it's because of these exploits, but it's likely it's at least one of them. A solution to these issues would be to increase the amount of data that can be stored in a chunk. That way, the game won't freak out.