Rejected Bartelby - Medium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my map submission:
This is a wizard101 themed map in honor of my friend miachelle. I have re-created beloved character Bartelby in a life-wizard themed parkour map with about 60 jumps, and some more advanced maneuvers mixed into a decently easygoing flow for an avid parkour-er.
I perceive it as a medium difficulty level.

Attached are some screenshots.

The plot owner is myself, LexSocks. Plot ID: -18;-118
I received some help on the initial building from player RoyalDogmeat (last seen as _TheOutsider).
2021-12-03_10.51.24.png
2021-12-03_10.51.58.png
2021-12-03_10.52.07.png
2021-12-03_10.52.29.png
2021-12-03_10.52.38.png
2021-12-03_10.52.50.png

zzykrkv

Dedicated Member
VIP+
zzykrkv
zzykrkv
VIP+
Ratings
202 5
Hi there, I have a few suggestions for you on how to improve your map.

Firstly, your build is pretty decent. I think that the exterior can be improved in two ways. Firstly. the leaves can extend outwards more so that it looks less like a green mushroom due to the shortness of the leaves. This can also be complimented by adding a few large branches into the leaves. As well as this, I suggest that the tree roots are built as well, as it makes the tree seem more complete. As well as this, adding a bit more detail to the build (ie texture, all that green moss and stuff on the original, branches, etx) can serve to make it unique to the other tree builds out there that are on this server.

As for the parkour, though I can't play it, I feel like the style of it isn't acceptable for manacube. Don't get me wrong, it looks great and I can see that you've put effort into it, but unfortunately manacube maps need to have lots of variation in their parkour. this means having each jump be different in direction, blockage, style etc. This is definitely a bit more intricate to make but it is how it is. I recommend you check out some newer medium maps to see what this sort of parkour entails, as well as reading this link here which gives a lot of useful detail into making parkour.
The Anatomy of a Jump - A Guide on how to make Parkour | ManaCube

I really think that you are a promising builder, and you do have the potential to succeed. Good luck!

Hi there, I have a few suggestions for you on how to improve your map.

Firstly, your build is pretty decent. I think that the exterior can be improved in two ways. Firstly. the leaves can extend outwards more so that it looks less like a green mushroom due to the shortness of the leaves. This can also be complimented by adding a few large branches into the leaves. As well as this, I suggest that the tree roots are built as well, as it makes the tree seem more complete. As well as this, adding a bit more detail to the build (ie texture, all that green moss and stuff on the original, branches, etx) can serve to make it unique to the other tree builds out there that are on this server.

As for the parkour, though I can't play it, I feel like the style of it isn't acceptable for manacube. Don't get me wrong, it looks great and I can see that you've put effort into it, but unfortunately manacube maps need to have lots of variation in their parkour. this means having each jump be different in direction, blockage, style etc. This is definitely a bit more intricate to make but it is how it is. I recommend you check out some newer medium maps to see what this sort of parkour entails, as well as reading this link here which gives a lot of useful detail into making parkour.
The Anatomy of a Jump - A Guide on how to make Parkour | ManaCube

I really think that you are a promising builder, and you do have the potential to succeed. Good luck!
Hey thanks for your comments they actually make a lot of sense, I started this many months ago and kinda tried to finish it in a hurry, I'm somewhat of a minecraft boomer who took on this project mainly to honor my friend who struggled a lot with parkour at first and got so much better at it... and our love of wizard101 :)
I respect ManaCube's diligence with map testing, it's my favorite parkour server for a reason.
You seem to be an eager helper here in the forums so thank you for your service :p <3
Thank you for the tips on revisions, I'll definitely see if I can make it better!

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
Hello LexSocks,

I regret to inform you that your map is being rejected.
The theme is original, as we don't have any maps with this specific theme, well done.
The build is somewhat accurate to what you were going for, but as mentioned above, having more details would help differentiate it from the abundance of tree maps that already exist.
The parkour is quite repetitive throughout each section, so make sure that you use different types of jumps throughout your entire map. Overall, the difficulty is alright for a medium map.

Thank you for submitting this map, I would love to see more submissions from you!

Status
Not open for further replies.