Rejected Bartelby Resubmission - Medium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I am not sure if this is proper procedure but my map was rejected a few hours before I made a bunch of edits to it... I was hoping to fix things before someone officially made a decision on it, oops! This is my first attempt at a map submission for any server so please give me some grace if I'm doing things incorrectly x_x
If
Bartelby is not up to standards overall then I will enjoy the build in private, no problem. But if there is a possibility for revisions I will build him up to be his best self so everyone can get a taste of the wizardly magic! Seriously though, thank you for your time dear moderators, and thank you to everyone who tested the map and gave advice!

Fixes as of 12/05/2021:
- Added more jump styles (blocks, techniques) to reduce repetition
- Added branches and improved shaping to tree canopy
- Added more directional signs
- Added more lighting

I see how it comes across as a basic tree but that's pretty much the cartoon character he is, I thought about roots or grass under him from the start but that's not really how I picture him from the game.
The jumps are inspired by all of the jumps my friend hates or struggles with :') practice makes perfect, right?

I figure since the original post was rejected straightaway that there was no hope that revisions could make it good enough so I will not be sad if that is the case! I do apologize if I am wasting anyone's time here.
Cheers,
Lex

From original post:
Here is my map submission:
This is a wizard101 themed map in honor of my friend miachelle. I have re-created beloved character Bartelby in a life-wizard themed parkour map with about 60 jumps. Medium difficulty
Attached are some screenshots.

The plot owner is myself, LexSocks. Plot ID: -18;-118 (Plot 3)
I received some help on the initial building from player RoyalDogmeat (last seen as _TheOutsider).
2021-12-06_18.40.33.png
2021-12-06_18.39.57.png

Last edited:

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
960 435
After going throught the map and seeing the build in game. I'm going to give this a -1.

I feel like the build could be better and more textured.
The parkour wasn't the greatest, It felt very little varied, don't just use normal blocks and fences, use stuff like flower pots, and water. I also recommend moving the start closer to the build.
I know it's dedicated to someone, but I feel the "dedicated to" sign isn't really necessary, IMO.
The Parkour is also very very messy.

After going throught the map and seeing the build in game. I'm going to give this a -1.

I feel like the build could be better and more textured.
The parkour wasn't the greatest, It felt very little varied, don't just use normal blocks and fences, use stuff like flower pots, and water. I also recommend moving the start closer to the build.
I know it's dedicated to someone, but I feel the "dedicated to" sign isn't really necessary, IMO.
The Parkour is also very very messy.
Hey I took your comments seriously and hopefully made it better, thanks! I added some of the unique block jumps like you mentioned to break up the more boring parts, it'll never be perfect but I think I'm starting to understand manacube parkour rules :)

zzykrkv

Dedicated Member
VIP+
zzykrkv
zzykrkv
VIP+
Ratings
202 5
It's fine, you're doing great for a new mapper so things don't have to be magnificent. I can definitely see the improvements compared to the previous, but i unfortunately can't do the parkour so I cannot give you a full evaluation. Regardless I really wish the best for you : )

Hey I took your comments seriously and hopefully made it better, thanks! I added some of the unique block jumps like you mentioned to break up the more boring parts, it'll never be perfect but I think I'm starting to understand manacube parkour rules :)

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
Hello LexSocks,

I regret to inform you that your map is being rejected.
The build has improved from your previous submission, well done there.
The parkour still has some concerning areas. There are some repetitive spots still that I will label below:
1639189016773.png
1639189279701.png
A lot of the parkour is also inconsistent; some of it is easy but other areas are more challenging; this for example shouldn't necessarily be in a medium map:
1639189439128.png

Thank you for submitting this map, I would love to see more submissions from you!

Status
Not open for further replies.