Can we stop treating staff like bots

Sinre_

ELITE
Sinre_
Sinre_
ELITE
Ratings
I know I know. Stop kissing their butts, but I mean come on. Any staff under admin are all VOLUNTEERS. People treat them like they are emotionless robots, constantly harassing them and throwing a fit when they do not get their way. I have seen players force a staff member out of bed just to help them. Maybe all those times we argue with staff to the point of getting ourselves muted? then complaining about it like it is their fault. Or maybe how most people seem to think staff act on bias opinions, rather than just following the rules like they actually do. These people are just kids and young adults like you and me, doing their best and trying to have fun. We need to stop being Karens and crying for the manager, and just show them some respect for once. At the end of the day they are doing their best. ALL I'm saying is, just have some patients and let them do their job. (which again they are not getting paid to do). By no way am I saying that I'm innocent of this. I have done my fair share of exactly this in the past, but over time I made this realization and started to respect staff a bit more. Thank you for your time :)

kxe

Forum Legend
ELITE
kxrose
kxrose
ELITE
Ratings
877 6
awhh, thank you for understanding and trying to spread awareness !! We need more people like you <3

Dutchy1372

Forum Legend
PATRON+
Dutchy1372
Dutchy1372
Patron+
Ratings
845 14
I haven’t been innocent either. I came to realization that staff are just people too around 5 months ago. I always thought staff was bias and they were just doing whatever.

Back in June I got hacked and doxxed by an old oasis player. I panicked because of multiple things. @Anxi helped me calm down and she helped me with the whole situation. She saved my personal intel and most importantly my phone number and last name to be leaked. I’m still very thankful for Anxi and her quick acting

This moment made me respect staff so much more!

Thanks staff, for being here to make it a welcoming and safe surroundings for everyone! Still special thanks to @Anxi ❤️

anxi

Forum Legend
ELITE
sunflowerv6
sunflowerv6
ELITE
Ratings
994 38
This is so sweet tysm ;-; We totally get it when people just get caught up in the moment and take it out on us or other players - most of the time they have genuine concerns that haven’t been addressed, too, which is of course frustrating. But posts like these mean so much to us, we really really do appreciate it heaps.
And @Dutchy1372 I was panicking almost as much as you were haha

ashalee

Forum Expert
ELITE
ashalee
ashalee
ELITE
Ratings
395 5
Aww this is so sweet, thank you for bringing this up! We love volunteering for the server, and sometimes players can get a bit caught up in the moment like Anxi said above, but even through all of it we love helping out <3

jasper_

Forum God
MVP
jaspernotcasper_
jaspernotcasper_
MVP
Ratings
1,232 233
Staff need to be respected more <3
They work their asses off to help us
#respectstaff