Rejected castle doom - medium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathanpls

Forum Expert
PATRON+
Ratings
460 21
There's alot of floating parkour here, which the judges really dont like too good. And when you get to the castle you can just jump off into the lava and skip the intire course.

Jash

Forum Expert
PATRON+
Jashhy
Jashhy
Patron+
Ratings
367 5
Heya Brackers!

» As @SantaIsReal has stated above, 114 jumps is an excessive amount of jumps for all maps. The jumps are also very repetitive, blocks should be varied throughout to ensure a smooth variation of parkour across your entire map; I suggest using blocks such as brewing stands, chests, water, fences, and trapdoors. You can also use other maps as reference points on what blocks to use! Try to use less floating parkour within your map as well, incorporate your jumps into the structure somehow to allow the jumps to flow with the build itself. About the structure itself, it's lacking in detail, add more depth to the build with a wider palette of blocks and try to add some color variation. I would recommend using real-world castles/structures as references!

» The theme for your map is very unoriginal, as there are already a lot of castle maps on the server, such as; Castle, Fortress, DaconsCastle, and Fantasy; just to name a few. Ensure you are making the theme of your map original, to do so, I recommend checking out the list of maps here;
https://manacube.com/threads/parkour-list-with-theme.20194/
You can use the google document or the thread and use CTRL+F on your browser to search for map themes/names, this will help you with ensuring your map has a unique theme!

» Next, there are also a lot of skip spots on your map, which allow for roughly 30% of the map to be skipped in some places, and in one spot, the entire map. [Start, jump to lava from starting platform, Finish].

» I would check out the map submissions guidelines here;
https://manacube.com/threads/must-read-map-submission-information-format.649/
It contains a plethora of information that will assist you with building your maps for Manacube.

I wish you the best of luck with future maps!
Regards,
Jashhy

Last edited:

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
Hello Brackers99,

I regret to inform you that your map is being rejected.
The theme of your map is unoriginal as we already have many maps based around a castle (Fortress, DaconsCastle, DokaponCastle). Before creating a parkour please make sure to check out this template here (https://manacube.com/threads/parkour-list-with-theme.20194/) to see all the maps accepted on the server!
The build of your parkour is also a problem. The main build is lacking lots of detail and is a bit small. The build also just has a lot of floating parkour around it. Next time try considering making only one main build with lots of detail!
The parkour of your build is way too long for a medium, try having it around 40-60 jumps rather than 100+ which is closer to insane length. The difficulty of it is a bit too easy for a medium, it would fit better under an easy. With that said, the parkour is lacking variety, all that is there are regular jumps, fences and ladders. Try adding more jumps with unique blocks like chests, water, glass panes, brewing stands, etc.[Elly]

Thank you for submitting this map, I would love to see more submissions from you!
Have a nice day,
Kristina

Status
Not open for further replies.