Coming days, weeks, and months of the presidential election

Cowamin

Forum Expert
PATRON
Ratings
381 13
Side note: I should really be finishing my ecology exam as it is now 11:30 PM, and my extension is over tomorrow morning D:

I don't know if this needs to be said, but I have been noticing plenty of political chat on Aether in particular. I am sure it is even more rampant on other servers like parkour. As the election unfolds in the United States, there will be plenty of discourse in real life. I don't necessarily think that talking about politics in minecraft chat is an awful thing that should be looked down upon. Even though there are people on each server that are supporters of Trump and supporters of Biden discussing their opinions, this doesn't need to be a negative thing. Civil discourse is a very important piece of becoming a better person, as talking with people with opinions different than yours, while at the same time not attacking someone for their opinions (as long as these opinions aren't particularly harmful or hurtful), is a thing that should be encouraged. Minecraft may not be the perfect place for civil discourse, but it is possible to get along, even with people with radically different opinions than us. I am speaking to supporters of both parties, and even people who stand in the middle, when I say that just because someone doesn't share the same opinions as you, doesn't mean they are in the wrong or a bad person. There is no justification on a minecraft server to stir up chat to the point where people are being insulted for their opinions (however opinions should be kept appropriate). Even though I am permanently muted, and therefore can not take place in any of these discussions, discussions with differing view points can be something to embrace because it makes us better members of society by broadening our circles socially and on the internet.

Most importantly, no matter who gets elected, or what theories are drawn up by either political party to why they lost the election, lets keep things fun and civil!
Also I understand there are plenty of people who aren't as well versed in the politics of America, sorry about Americans :)

Acrellux

Forum God
ELITE
Acrellux
Acrellux
ELITE
Ratings
1,364 146
This thread isn't going to end anywhere good...

BuffIzzy

Dedicated Member
PATRON
BuffIzzy
BuffIzzy
Patron
Ratings
176 1
Boy oh boy, I wish parkour had CIVIL political discussions. Actually I wish they had discussions in general as opposed to spamming either TRUMP2020 or BIDEN2020 D:

jasper_

Forum God
MVP
jaspernotcasper_
jaspernotcasper_
MVP
Ratings
1,232 233
I don’t really care about politics, but the players need to chill

lokiio

VIP
VIP
Ratings
I mean, it's fine to have opinions but politics in chat usually end in arguments lmao. I get fed up of the Parkour chat several times a day, since they seem to have three modes: controversial opinions mode (homophobia); politics mode (a mix of TRUMP2020, BIDEN2020 and the occasional SCHLATT2020 lmao); and Dream vs Technoblade mode (aka Dream stans against ever other YouTuber ever).