Rejected Desert Hops - Medium

Status
Not open for further replies.
-Sqmye
- Desert Hops
-/plot v Sqmye: 1
-Difficulty: Medium
-Jumps 59
This is my first map! It's not that original, but I tried.
2020-05-17_14.25.40.png
2020-05-17_14.25.56.png
2020-05-17_14.25.05.png

LovelyLing

ELITE
Lovelyling
Lovelyling
ELITE
Ratings
18 2
Hello! I'm here to give my opinion on your map! Please note that this is my own opinion and it does not affect the final decision at all!

1-Originality || There are many desert themed maps, so this is sadly unoriginal as you said above. If an idea is unoriginal I would personally not bother to build it. That's just me but I wouldn't waste my time on something that has already been done.

2-Build || I'm not really sure what the build is. Maybe i'm missing something but I honestly don't know...

3-Parkour || Okay so this parkour is somewhat varied. You have slimes, and ladders. But you could spice it up a little by adding jumps like pots, enchantment tables, or water! Also your parkour is very "floaty". You could fix that by attaching the parkour to the build!

All in all, nice job on the build. I sadly think it will get rejected, but keep trying! Good luck and this was not to offend you in any way! Have a nice day!

Proteges

Forum Master
VIP+
TheProTroller
TheProTroller
VIP+
Ratings
617 31
Hey there, before going ahead with your map submission review I'd like to inform you that I'm only giving you my personal opinion/feedback on your parkour map submission and my personal feedback will certainly not affect your parkour map submission in the slightest, I recommend that you take in my feedback to improve your submission if there are any flaws, you don't need to and you're free to ignore me but anyhow, before going ahead I'd like to mention that I'm a Moderator not a Map Judge so this is just my personal opinion and I am not accepting or denying your parkour map as this is only my personal opinion.

Parkour theme/detail: Sadly as Dancyspoon mentioned above your theme isn't technically original unfortunately, there's already quite a handful of desert-themed maps. As for the detail, as dancyspoon mentioned it's a little confusing and not sure exactly what I'm looking at but it's a bit basic, I suggest adding more detail.

Parkour difficulty/variety: For the parkour variety, I can see that you attempted to add some variety but its still quite plain in my opinion, for the difficulty, I mean I guess it does match medium difficulty so good job on that, good luck! :)

sapqhire

Forum Master
ELITE
sapqhire
sapqhire
ELITE
Ratings
365 9
Hello Sqmye,

Unfortunately, I will be Rejecting your map.
The theme isn't original, as there are many maps that are biome/desert themed already. Please refer to the document in this thread - https://manacube.com/threads/parkour-list-with-theme.20194/ to make sure your map idea is original.
The build isn't bad. It is a little uncertain of what it is exactly meant to be, however you have added some nice details.
The parkour has some variety. You did have some nice original jumps throughout your map which is good, however there were a few repetitive areas. It would be great to see the variety be consistent throughout the map, rather than having some variety, then some groups of repetitive jumps.
Most of the parkour is floating. Try to avoid having an excessive number of jumps floating over the build and void where possible, as having a lot of these can make your map look a bit messy.
The difficulty is good for a medium map, but the map is a bit long and would the length would probably be suited more to a hard map. Please read over this thread - https://manacube.com/threads/must-read-map-submission-information-format.649/ to make sure your map fits within the requirements.

Thanks for submitting your map! I hope to see more maps from you in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.