Do staff get rewarded for bans?

Ratings
5 3
do staff recieve praise for banning people? if so can this possibly cause them to go over the line and ban people without reason, it says that all bans are recorded and reviewed, but i dont know if that is the case. Are females being promoted to mods etc because of simps? you be the judge XD

Bloro

Forum Legend
ELITE
Bloro_
Bloro_
ELITE
Ratings
1,110 14
Staffs do not receive praise for banning people. They are simple doing their job! Staffs do not ban or do any punishment commands to innocent players. If you got banned by a staff and you believe that you were false banned, you can appeal for an unban on the forums. All ban, mute and kick records are recorded on the website www.bans.manacube.com (most with proof). I do not believe that females get promoted because of simps. They did a good job at their work as a staff and deserve to get promoted!

abbie<3

Forum Expert
ELITE
uhhabbie
uhhabbie
ELITE
Ratings
285 11
I think blororis summed it up very nicely, there isn’t any type of praise for hitting a number of bans or mutes. on manacube we very strongly go with the idea of “quality over quantity”

Ratings
5 3
cant u guys auto see how many mobs we have killed or something ? like ive killed nothing, legit first day ever, if i auto kill mobs odnt u think i would have more than 3?

Ratings
5 3
sorry, for the drama, just really upset that this was my first not only manacube experince ever but first minecraft online experince ever, really a downer to get a 2 weeks ban for killin mobs automatically or something

ChocBar

Admin | Staff Manager
Admin
ChocBar
ChocBar
Admin
Ratings
1,309 41
As @abbieo said, there must be recorded for evidence of any bans. This is to assure bans are fair. I would say that most staff do feel a sense of pride when they ban a cheater, as it improves the community for the players who follow the rules. However, there are absolutely no incentives for banning players. In fact, staff are driven to ban fairly because each ban appeal requires that the evidence be reviewed by other staff members. This means that if someone makes a mistake, it will be in front of the entire team. We do not have any staff members that are eager to give wrongful bans and hear from their peers that they messed up.

Also, keep in mind that the community plays a huge role in the success of ManaCube. There is absolutely no reason to eliminate players who are not cheating. Unfairly banning would reduce the player base and the overall success of the server.

If you feel you were falsely banned, please make an appeal so the evidence can be reviewed.

Ratings
5 3
yeah i made an appeal, just sorta poop when ur so excited about your first day online and u get banned. well it seems like its a well proven system and theres no rewards for ban, and incentive against improper bans, i just hope that it is resolved sooner rather than later, coz i really enjoyed the community i met and i dont wanna lose something like that.

kxe

Forum Legend
ELITE
kxrose
kxrose
ELITE
Ratings
877 6
A staff member will get you your appeal and it will be processed in a few days. Please be patient <3 We hope to see you on the server again!

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
If you need to the link to ur ban appeal please ask a staff member, they'll send it right over!

Also, many staff don't "enjoy" having to punish ppl... but it's their job- they have to punish rule breakers to keep the community safe! I haven't met anyone who enjoys punishing players. Though, personally I enjoy the thought of punishing players who are clearly guilty in the sense I'm helping to make the community a bit safer. I hope this makes sense, and good luck on that ban appeal!

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
I also believe if there were "incentives" to punish people, a mod's "worth" wouldn't be determined by how good they are at their job... but how many punishments they've dealt. So the mod who has banned/muted/kicked the most players would be "the best mod" but another mod who has banned/muted/kicked fewer players wouldn't be as valued...
Obviously this just sounds wrong, and all the Manacube staff are amazing people... I think I've said enough :)

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
I agree with the sentiments above. Personally I really don’t like restricting players with mutes or bans unless it’s a hate speech offense. I always feel a little bad when it comes to simple chat offenses, especially with people I know.
I know that shared values of my fellow staff are teamwork and honesty. We all do our best to be honest people, and work together to try to deescalate situations before they get out of hand. Know that if you were falsely banned, we are just trying to do our jobs, and we are human! We make mistakes sometimes.
I think our appeals system works very well and is rewarding for those who are honest and apologetic, or truly were falsely banned and are patient as they go through the appeals process.
That being said, good luck with your appeal!

4thForce

Forum Expert
ELITE
4thForce
4thForce
ELITE
Ratings
334 6
As pretty much everyone else have said as well, staff aren't rewarded for banning people. That would incentivize banning, and that could lead to unreasonable bans of players. If a player deserves a ban for breaking a rule they will be banned, but bans aren't to be benefit of anybody.:mc_79-0:

Proteges

Forum Master
VIP+
TheProTroller
TheProTroller
VIP+
Ratings
617 31
I most certainly doubt that females would be promoted any faster than males in the manacube staff team, I know that everyone has got their personal assumptions but I personally do not believe this. Staff do not get awarded for banning players, the only award that I feel I get when banning someone is a sense of justice, I love manacube just like many other players and I feel that my reward for banning players is stopping rule breakers and hackers from tainting manacube. I never hold any personal grudges against people and I can always forgive others even if they make mistakes.

We make sure to record whenever someone gets banned so that if they were to appeal we can look over the evidence to prove they were innocent or actually breaking the rules, I hope this answers your question! :)

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
Try thinking of it as real-life... someone is accused of a crime, and they go to court, but if the person is found guilty, does the judge get rewarded? No. I mean in a sense they do, bcuz it's their job and they get paid for doing their job... but they'll get paid whether a person is found guilty or not guilty.

Polishzoombie

Ratings
5 2
Personaly I did'int have a good expirence With My ban Appeal It Took 11 days For Me to Get a Reply But the second Time i got muted unfairly It took under a day for to to be accepted.But Staff Wouldint justw ban you if they think you were hacking, I'd Say there always 100% Sure If oyu are or If your not.

Stardust

ELITE
StardustOfficial
StardustOfficial
ELITE
Ratings
Just my opinion but it kinda sounds like OP is just mad he got banned/caught. I won't say anything about him hacking/not hacking as I wasn't there but Manacube has an extensive staff report system, and like most of the ppl on this thread said most bans are recorded with proof. You can check this at bans.manacube.com and can appeal your ban at the Ban Appeals thread. Also females being promoted because of simps...? :rolleyes: bruh.

anxi

Forum Legend
ELITE
sunflowerv6
sunflowerv6
ELITE
Ratings
994 38
Bit late I'm sorry but I just wanted to comment anyways.
I think the first part of your thread has been addressed very well. I wanted to comment about
it says that all bans are recorded and reviewed, but I don't know if that is the case. Are females being promoted to mods etc because of simps? you be the judge XD
this.
I think really the only way to understand how appeals are handled is to actually be a part of the staff team, but I'll try and explain the appeal system. All punishments of any type on Manacube require evidence. If players appeal a punishment, or if a possible unjust punishment is brought to our attention, it will always be reviewed by the entirety of the staff team, (as Purpz said.) and the next step will be decided - this can be reducing the punishment, voiding the punishment or leaving it as is. The original staff member that punished cannot take that appeal.

Now, about the "simp" comment. All staff members are promoted because of a decision made by the Upper Management Team. Promotions are based off how the staff member is performing. They are not promoted because of simps. To even suggest this is ridiculous to me. In ANY situation, promotions/demotions based purely off gender is disgusting, but I'm sure you know this.

You may file a staff report here if you feel a staff member was abusing their power - But please keep in mind we are all human and make mistakes (hence the appeal system of course.)
You should only report a staff member if you think they are harmful to the community/purposely abusing their powers, not for a mistake in punishing. All staff reports are viewed by admins to keep things as fair as possible.
I hope this cleared some things up, but if you have any more questions please do not hesitate to ask.