celestiiia

Forum Expert
PATRON+
celestiiia
celestiiia
Patron
Ratings
150 3
Yeah I saw it, it's slightly factually inaccurate but brought a lot of new traffic to parkour! Good or bad traffic,, I'll let you decide...

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
He has also streamed here very recently and been on filming (or so we think). Glad his video brought you to ManaCube :)

zzykrkv

Dedicated Member
VIP+
zzykrkv
zzykrkv
VIP+
Ratings
202 5
Who else saw him doing par ore here in his 5 block jump video?
Yeah I saw it, it's slightly factually inaccurate but brought a lot of new traffic to parkour! Good or bad traffic,, I'll let you decide...
I strongly abhor Dream. Dream’s traffic 99% bad traffic. I will never forgive Dream for what he’s done.

Dream’s video could have been a massive positive turning point for the parkour community. His large sub count means he has a really strong influence. However, due to his lack of research, the video has essentially been one massive oil spill. ALMOST EVERYTHING he said was wrong. He’s spread misinformation and lies to almost 5 million people now, and who’s left to clean it up? Us. The tiny parkour community who has to deal with people constantly trying to tell experts that a 6 block jump is possible.

Time to debunk literally everything he says.

“Parkour is one of those games” Suggests that he doesn’t even acknowledge there is a community that takes it more seriously then just a minigame.

“how long can you actually jump… without ice, without speed, without tricks, just running and jumping” This will be important later on.

“Reddit, Minecraft forums, Stack Overflow”. Firstly, the stack overflow thread literally states: 5 block is possible, 4+1 is possible. Wow what great research he didn’t even read the whole thing. Not to mention all of those are in a way, right. See info below.

“manacube is one of the only parkour servers out there left” Such bs. There are plenty of parkour server out there. You might have known if you actually did RESEARCH.

“and even most of them didn’t know that a 5 block was possible”. How condescending of you to suggest you’re some sort of god who knows more than the entire parkour community. Hell, you probably didn’t know the community existed until you started receiving backlash from them.

>gets BBH on…. No offense but bbh isn’t necessarily a parkour player, furthermore, it’s so scummy for you to advertise a random youtuber but when you show ub3rs clip, which was the ONLY piece of valid research you showed in the WHOLE VIDEO, you don’t even mention his name, and just put a vague link in the description.

>”there are 2 ways to do a 5 block jump no shenanigans” OH PLEASE. First of all, both ways you showed count as “shenanigans”. Why? Because both are increased momentum compared to flat momentum. The logic is, jumping makes you go faster, so jumping more = speed more. With flat momentum, you jump once every 12 ticks. Like this, THE FURTHEST is an anvil to chest 4x3, or 4.92 blocks.
And don’t try it, it’s only possible by <0.0002 with 11 45 strafes. With perfect elevation, you jump once every 7 ticks. See the difference? That’s how it works. Dream completely missed this point. Why? BECAUSE HE DIDN’T DO PROPER RESEARCH. Furthermore, there is actually 3. It's possible with a TAS tecnique called grinding. https://www.mcpk.wiki/wiki/Jump_Cancel

“But the other one (not headhitter), is just straight up jumping”. Once again, fails to recognize different momentum types.

“Sprint jump for at least 7 straight sprint jumps” WRONG WRONG WRONG. It is possible with just 5 jumps, maybe even less is more 45 strafes are used.
take a look at this. Note how the title says “5 jump ELEVATION MM”.

“(ub3rs vid) was one of the video I found while I was researching” Researching? More like a quick 5-minute search on google.

“that video didn’t really explain anything” hmm so what would be a logical thing to do? How about ASK?!!!!!!!!!

“You can hold down sprint and jump and do a 5 block jump” No you can’t with elevation you need to tap each jump or you’ll run on the block and not gain any speed.

“that answers the question about 5 block jumps” No it doesn’t

“I had a more interesting mystery: how much momentum can you get in minecraft” Sorry man mystery is already solved. 4.875 flat mm no 45 strafe, 4.92 flat mm 45 strafes, 5.375 max normal block mm with 45 strafes, 10.875 with ice + max mm + 45 strafes. If you actually did RESEARCH YOUD HAVE KNOWN

“every time I sprint jumped, I went a little bit further” You didn’t even bother to check your coords, how effortless can this vid get?????? If you actually put some effort, taken your coords and did some advanced maths called SUBTRACTION, you’d have realized that your distance maxes out at 6 sprint jumps.

“I couldn’t find info on the Minecraft wiki” Really shows how shallow your research is. In fact, the wiki does have a page on ticks, something you didn’t mention. There is literally a minecraft parkour wiki. All you needed to do is to search "minecraft parkour wiki". Shame on you

“how many blocks could you potentially jump? Is it infinite?” no

The rest of the vid is just more mouth diarrhea.

To sum up, 5 block in only possible under certain circumstances, and there is a momentum cap. The developers aren’t stupid. Look no further than the blj in super Mario 64 to show how not adding a limit to momentum is a deadly flaw.

In many videos where people cover an obscure topic, they almost always consult an expert. Why didn’t Dream do it with this one? His lack of proper research has meant that he did not get a single thing right. He could have analyzed the code or asked an expert to. In fact, people have already done this, and have provided comprehensive answers to the question minus the cringey vsauce style.

https://www.mcpk.wiki/wiki/Longest_Jumps

https://www.mcpk.wiki/wiki/Movement_Physics

Here’s why I will never forgive dream. He FULLY KNOWS what’s wrong with the video. When it went up, the parkour community instantly tried to get in contact with him. You know what dream did? He didn’t listen, he acted like a baby, saying that he’s being threatened and that they should have been nicer to him. Oh, wow sorry that you can’t take criticism. We here have been grappling with kids trying to spew garbage for months now. What I expected was for the video to be taken down, and an apology. He did NEITHER.

Tenebrous is an example of what the right thing to do is. He had a little dispute with ub3r over whether placing blocks under you makes you go faster. It had the exact same flaws as Dream did. Difference? He took the video down, so I don’t hate him at all, rather I really respect him for doing the right thing.

The damage dream has caused is so extreme. There are people left right center screaming 6 BLoCKAS PEOSSIVBLE WATFHC DRESAMS VID omgomgomgogm SHUT UP. Me, and many other parkourers are PISSED. We’re SICK OF IT. Dream is a complete asshole and I don’t care that his vids are entertaining. ALL WE WANTED WAS A DAMN APOLOGY AND FOR THE VIDEO TO BE TAKEN DOWN. His misinfo has led to people thinking he’s a messiah, that he pioneered parkour, completely stealing the light from people like ub3r, cynimal, firedreadlord, zein, btf, youarerexist, a7, and many more, who are the REAL pioneers of parkour. I’ve had like 3 of my friends try and tell ME that a 5 block is possible they watched dreams vid. It’s serious shit. Many people simply don’t care as our community is so tiny, which makes it an even bigger issue as we have no platform to voice our concerns. Big yotubers are seen as absolute truth and anyone who is smaller is isntantly seen as wrong, a hater, a kid, a dantdm fan, triggered, mad over nothing, etc

Unless Dream makes another video and makes a real sincere apology, I am NEVER respecting him EVER.

Last edited:
^ Dream's created a nightmare for the pk community

I wanna kms every time some noob comes onto the server and starts treating Dream like a god when he really isnt

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,891 47
I strongly abhor Dream. Dream’s traffic 99% bad traffic. I will never forgive Dream for what he’s done.

Dream’s video could have been a massive positive turning point for the parkour community. His large sub count means he has a really strong influence. However, due to his lack of research, the video has essentially been one massive oil spill. ALMOST EVERYTHING he said was wrong. He’s spread misinformation and lies to almost 5 million people now, and who’s left to clean it up? Us. The tiny parkour community who has to deal with people constantly trying to tell experts that a 6 block jump is possible.

“Parkour is one of those games” Suggests that he doesn’t even acknowledge there is a community that takes it more seriously then just a minigame.

“how long can you actually jump… without ice, without speed, without tricks, just running and jumping” This will be important later on.

“Reddit, Minecraft forums, Stack Overflow”. Firstly, the stack overflow thread literally states: 5 block is possible, 4+1 is possible. Wow what great research he didn’t even read the whole thing. Not to mention all of those are in a way, right. See info below.

“manacube is one of the only parkour servers out there left” Such bs. There are plenty of parkour server out there. You might have known if you actually did RESEARCH.

“and even most of them didn’t know that a 5 block was possible”. How condescending of you to suggest you’re some sort of god who knows more than the entire parkour community. Hell, you probably didn’t know the community existed until you started receiving backlash from them.

>gets BBH on…. No offense but bbh isn’t necessarily a parkour player, furthermore, it’s so scummy for you to advertise a random youtuber but when you show ub3rs clip, which was the ONLY piece of valid research you showed in the WHOLE VIDEO, you don’t even mention his name, and just put a vague link in the description.

>”there are 2 ways to do a 5 block jump no shenanigans” OH PLEASE. First of all, both ways you showed count as “shenanigans”. Why? Because both are increased momentum compared to flat momentum. The logic is, jumping makes you go faster, so jumping more = speed more. With flat momentum, you jump once every 12 ticks. Like this, THE FURTHEST is an anvil to chest 4x3, or 4.92 blocks.
And don’t try it, it’s only possible by <0.0002 with 11 45 strafes. With perfect elevation, you jump once every 7 ticks. See the difference? That’s how it works. Dream completely missed this point. Why? BECAUSE HE DIDN’T DO PROPER RESEARCH. Furthermore, there is actually 3. It's possible with a TAS tecnique called grinding. https://www.mcpk.wiki/wiki/Jump_Cancel

“But the other one (not headhitter), is just straight up jumping”. Once again, fails to recognize different momentum types.

“Sprint jump for at least 7 straight sprint jumps” WRONG WRONG WRONG. It is possible with just 5 jumps, maybe even less is more 45 strafes are used.

“(ub3rs vid) was one of the video I found while I was researching” Researching? More like a quick 5-minute search on google.

“that video didn’t really explain anything” hmm so what would be a logical thing to do? How about ASK?!!!!!!!!!

“You can hold down sprint and jump and do a 5 block jump” No you can’t with elevation you need to tap each jump or you’ll run on the block and not gain any speed.

“I had a more interesting mystery: how much momentum can you get in minecraft” Sorry man mystery is already solved. 4.875 flat mm no 45 strafe, 4.92 flat mm 45 strafes, 5.375 max normal block mm with 45 strafes, 10.875 with ice + max mm + 45 strafes. If you actually did RESEARCH YOUD HAVE KNOWN

“every time I sprint jumped, I went a little bit further” You didn’t even bother to check your coords, how effortless can this vid get?????? If you actually put some effort, taken your coords and did some advanced maths called SUBTRACTION, you’d have realized that your distance maxes out at 6 sprint jumps.

“I couldn’t find info on the Minecraft wiki” Really shows how shallow your research is. In fact, the wiki does have a page on ticks, something you didn’t mention. There is literally a minecraft parkour wiki. All you needed to do is to search "minecraft parkour wiki". Shame on you

To sum up, 5 block in only possible under certain circumstances, and there is a momentum cap. The developers aren’t stupid. Look no further than the blj in super Mario 64 to show how not adding a limit to momentum is a deadly flaw.

In many videos where people cover an obscure topic, they almost always consult an expert. Why didn’t Dream do it with this one? His lack of proper research has meant that he did not get a single thing right. He could have analyzed the code or asked an expert to. In fact, people have already done this, and have provided comprehensive answers to the question minus the cringey vsauce style.

Here’s why I will never forgive dream. He FULLY KNOWS what’s wrong with the video. When it went up, the parkour community instantly tried to get in contact with him. You know what dream did? He didn’t listen, he acted like a baby, saying that he’s being threatened and that they should have been nicer to him. Oh, wow sorry that you can’t take criticism. We here have been grappling with kids trying to spew garbage for months now. What I expected was for the video to be taken down, and an apology. He did NEITHER.

Tenebrous is an example of what the right thing to do is. He had a little dispute with ub3r over whether placing blocks under you makes you go faster. It had the exact same flaws as Dream did. Difference? He took the video down, so I don’t hate him at all, rather I really respect him for doing the right thing.

The damage dream has caused is so extreme. There are people left right center screaming 6 BLoCKAS PEOSSIVBLE WATFHC DRESAMS VID omgomgomgogm SHUT UP. Me, and many other parkourers are PISSED. We’re SICK OF IT. Dream is a complete asshole and I don’t care that his vids are entertaining. ALL WE WANTED WAS A DAMN APOLOGY AND FOR THE VIDEO TO BE TAKEN DOWN. His misinfo has led to people thinking he’s a messiah, that he pioneered parkour, completely stealing the light from people like ub3r, cynimal, firedreadlord, zein, btf, youarerexist, a7, and many more, who are the REAL pioneers of parkour. I’ve had like 3 of my friends try and tell ME that a 5 block is possible they watched dreams vid. It’s serious shit. Many people simply don’t care as our community is so tiny, which makes it an even bigger issue as we have no platform to voice our concerns. Big yotubers are seen as absolute truth and anyone who is smaller is isntantly seen as wrong, a hater, a kid, a dantdm fan, triggered, mad over nothing, etc

Unless Dream makes another video and makes a real sincere apology, I am NEVER respecting him EVER.
I've never seen such an essay like this. I- I'm impressed! *applause*
I dunno anything about dream or parkour, but your typing is dedishis.

Bugsnax

Dedicated Member
MVP
Bugsnax
Bugsnax
MVP
Ratings
225 19

good post bad place to post it because the manacube parkour community is just as braindead as dream

Proteges

Forum Master
VIP+
TheProTroller
TheProTroller
VIP+
Ratings
617 31
Yeah I haven't personally seen him around but people have said that he's been on occasionally :D

zzykrkv

Dedicated Member
VIP+
zzykrkv
zzykrkv
VIP+
Ratings
202 5
Ratings

Well said pee shotter with hat!

Shinxray

SrMod | Parkour Manager
Senior Mod
Shinxray
Shinxray
Senior Mod
Ratings
692 11
Okay it's time to chill out, while I agree with with what I understood from you (Like you know, I don't have your parkour knowledge, but I kinda guessed he was wrong just because of all the set-up for the « 5 block jump » in the video), I absolutly dislike how you stated everything.

Dream video is wrong, I personally got it, and you have the right to disagree, but we don't need all this hate, I can tell you dealing with people asking everyday « What is the longest jump ? » and spreading false information is annoying, but dealing with people that spread hates is also painful.

I understand you are frustrated, but I'm asking you to stay respectful and not hateful with your statement, right now you are just acting like the extreme Dream fans that wanna prove they are right with hate (Even if you are right in this case)

Maybe him removing his video could be good if this can stop all this issues (Even if we are grateful we got some advertising with his video), but it's up to him, and I don't think forcing with hates will work.

zzykrkv

Dedicated Member
VIP+
zzykrkv
zzykrkv
VIP+
Ratings
202 5
Okay it's time to chill out, while I agree with with what I understood from you (Like you know, I don't have your parkour knowledge, but I kinda guessed he was wrong just because of all the set-up for the « 5 block jump » in the video), I absolutly dislike how you stated everything.

Dream video is wrong, I personally got it, and you have the right to disagree, but we don't need all this hate, I can tell you dealing with people asking everyday « What is the longest jump ? » and spreading false information is annoying, but dealing with people that spread hates is also painful.

I understand you are frustrated, but I'm asking you to stay respectful and not hateful with your statement, right now you are just acting like the extreme Dream fans that wanna prove they are right with hate (Even if you are right in this case)

Maybe him removing his video could be good if this can stop all this issues (Even if we are grateful we got some advertising with his video), but it's up to him, and I don't think forcing with hates will work.
Sorry about that I was kind of venting out my anger yesterday

zzykrkv

Dedicated Member
VIP+
zzykrkv
zzykrkv
VIP+
Ratings
202 5
but I will say, I honestly don't expect that he ever will remove the video, and I don't intend to spread the message through hate. The post above is just honest criticism with a side of emotion. Most of what I said was purely factual, do note that, and I do have valid points regarding his research, even if it does seem "Hateful". I did try to avoid using too many petty insults, and I do believe the worst i said was that he was "an asshole", so i'm sorry if I sounded too hateful there.