Accepted Fallout Monument - Easy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dedicated Member
MVP
Ratings
was a lot of fun to work on! I've since added some more improvements and detail to the build, so the screenies aren't 100% up-to-date.

edit: this includes fixing the single iron bars blocks

Last edited:

ampsterdam

Dedicated Member
ELITE
ampsterdam
ampsterdam
ELITE
Ratings
I tested this map, good varied pk and a nice build. Good Luck

GamersDecision

Forum Expert
ELITE
GamersDecision
GamersDecision
ELITE
Ratings
255 2
Hello Matt!

I am here to give you my opinion on the map. Please remember that I am not a Map Judge and my opinion does NOT affect whether the map gets accepted or not. I'm just trying to give advice that I believe could help the chances of your map being accepted and the fun side of the map!

Manacube Parkour has three main criteria that you need to follow. I believe you know them already, but they are Parkour, Build and Theme. I will go through each of them thoroughly in this review.

Firstly the THEME of your Map Submission. I don't remember there being a map of this monument, which is good! However the build does look like a tower, and towers overall are a rather unoriginal theme. I hope this isn't an issue with the map, since I believe the other aspects of the map are good, which I will state next.

Secondly the BUILD of your Map Submission. After looking at a reference picture, I believe you have captured the appearance of the original monument pretty well. The build looks like the Fallout Monument, which is good! Great work on the build!

Lastly the PARKOUR of your Map Submission. After checking it out with you guys, I believe the parkour should fit all the guidelines! It fits the Easy difficulty you're going for length wise, and difficulty wise. The checkpoint placement is good, and the parkour was also fun! You had variety in the jumps, and the map wasn't boring, but you didn't take it to an extent where the jumps would have been varied for no the simple reason of using more blocks. I would really like seeing this map get accepted, I'm a fan of it!

I also couldn't find any shortcuts, as you had already patched them!

Good luck! :) +1

Last edited:

Nathanpls

Forum Expert
PATRON+
Ratings
460 21
This was so fun to be a part of! PROUD of you!

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Hey MattTheCutie,

I am happy to inform you that this map is being marked as Ongoing. This means that your map has had an initial review by a map judge, and is ready to be discussed among the map judging team. Please be patient with us during this process as it can take a few days for us to reach a full decision on your map! The thread will now be locked to public comments.

If you have any questions in the meantime, feel free to message me on Discord!

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Hi MattTheCutie,

I am happy to tell you this map is being accepted! The theme is not the most original, there are other tower and monument maps, but this one is very different from those. It is a nice twist on what would be a normal Washington Monument which I really like. It adds a lot more detail and is accurate to the monument in Fallout 3. Nice job with the build!

The parkour was a little confusing to get started, but was otherwise mixed and varied, and suited the difficulty. I wasn't a huge fan of the minecart jump as it felt a little unsatisfying, but that was the only qualm of the map overall. Not much else to say about it, good work.

Thanks for submitting this map! If you have questions, feel free to message me on Discord. Hope to see more maps from you soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.