caseyclosed

Forum Expert
ELITE
caseyclosed
caseyclosed
ELITE
Ratings
518 24
Hey kujikuji, here is my critique of your map! (Please note that I am only a Mapper and my opinion as no effect on the final decision)

This map is stupidly difficult. But let's start with the build and theme first. The build is lovely! It has great color detail and texturing. No complaints there. The theme is original as there is no Fortissimole maps or Crypt of the NecroDancer maps. The parkour is the worst kind of difficulty I've seen. This part in particular is just uninspired and boring.

actualpain.png

You always put these head hitter neup towers in your maps and this one is even worse than the others. With the soulsand, it doesn't allow you to shift all the way to the edge for the first one which is annoying. It's just not fun. Not to mention afterwards there's a slime thats fairly difficult aswell.

A few jumps later we come up to our next culprit. This jump is way more terrible than the others before.
badjump.png

It's just a really hard jump and gives you no room for error. You fall on that jump, and you have to do two x-facing double neos.

And then a couple jumps later you arrive to this one:
worsepain.png

This jump is also incredibly difficult with little room for error. I'm not a fan of the really tight momentum jumps that are heavily apparent in this map. Remember, these are just a few examples of how this map isn't fun to play and is too hard.

Overall, this map needs a lot of work before it gets accepted. It's way too difficult in its current form

Drakonixal

Dedicated Member
Mapper
Ratings
38 11
Hey kujikuji, here is my critique of your map! (Please note that I am only a Mapper and my opinion as no effect on the final decision)

This map is stupidly difficult. But let's start with the build and theme first. The build is lovely! It has great color detail and texturing. No complaints there. The theme is original as there is no Fortissimole maps or Crypt of the NecroDancer maps. The parkour is the worst kind of difficulty I've seen. This part in particular is just uninspired and boring.

View attachment 27596
You always put these head hitter neup towers in your maps and this one is even worse than the others. With the soulsand, it doesn't allow you to shift all the way to the edge for the first one which is annoying. It's just not fun. Not to mention afterwards there's a slime thats fairly difficult aswell.

A few jumps later we come up to our next culprit. This jump is way more terrible than the others before.
View attachment 27597

It's just a really hard jump and gives you no room for error. You fall on that jump, and you have to do two x-facing double neos.

And then a couple jumps later you arrive to this one:
View attachment 27598

This jump is also incredibly difficult with little room for error. I'm not a fan of the really tight momentum jumps that are heavily apparent in this map. Remember, these are just a few examples of how this map isn't fun to play and is too hard.

Overall, this map needs a lot of work before it gets accepted. It's way too difficult in its current form
I nerfed it! it should be easier. I edited the repetitive parts and changed some of the jumps you said. The one with the trapdoors is easy if you open them while inside the gap.

Faudon

Forum Expert
QA Team
Faudon
Faudon
QA Team
Ratings
351 6
Hello kujikuji,

I will be accepting your map, for the following reasons:

The theme for your map is original, the only crypt of the necrodancer map is in reviewing so, so far there are no maps with that theme, good job!

The build for your map is decent, it resembles the theme you have chosen and the details added were adorable.

The parkour was good overall, I have changed some jumps as they were too hard for the difficulty you have chosen, and also added a start point on the beginning of the map, please do so for future maps as it can not start with the parkour without any starting point.

Thanks for submitting a map and hope to see more from you in the future!

Status
Not open for further replies.