Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
Fully agree. Throwing out a permanent mute after trying to tally up past warns stoops really low. Warns were only just fixed quite recently with the new infraction messages, so warns were never previously visible in chat at the time when Rippo was muted. Bans website states he was warned before his mute, but, I bet you 9 times out of 10 he had no idea he was because of the poor warning display.

And for the record, the same old excuse "You know the rules. You've been here long enough on this server to know what you can and can't do" is SO outdated. It's almost like.. muting habits change from staff member to staff member! Some mods mute for certain things, while others don't. It's extremely disproportionate. Mutes like this make me question ManaCube's staffing process further and further each day. Like Casey said, it's insane how things like hate speech get off more lightly than a minor caps infraction.
I agree, I've seen this happen on survival where some of the staff will give verbal warnings for things that players have never been called out for before... and while it is frustrating, each mod will always have their own way of handling situations- yes they are trained in how to deal with a certain situation but they will always be their own person and have their own biases, beliefs, and values. I think it would be really hard to expect the staff to all react the same way- if we were to expect that we might as well get a bunch of robots to moderate Manacube.

That being said, the staff are human and far from perfect! I feel at the end of the day even if we don't agree with the staff we should at least try to respect them and do as they ask us to do. I know that this can be really hard to do, but we're not always going to agree with how staff handle certain situations. There have been many times where I have argued with staff, but I've come to the conclusion that arguing with the staff hasn't gotten me anywhere and usually ends with me feeling more frustrated than before.

As a player who has several punishments, I do agree that the warns were pretty hard to see, especially if the chat is moving really quickly. You can't completely blame people if they don't see the warnings- I don't know what happened in Rippo's case so I can't really speak on it, but I do know that the staff definitely hold players who have more punishments and have played for a long time to a much higher standard. I am not denying that there isn't an expectation for seasoned players to not know the rules- but I will say that we don't always consciously think about the rules and I think that often can be a devastating mistake which is again why warnings exist. I do hope that going forward though that staff are mindful and take into consideration whether the player is even aware of the warning they've been given.

Kaylin!

Dedicated Member
MVP+
Svechy
Svechy
MVP+
Ratings
61 9
Fully agree. Throwing out a permanent mute after trying to tally up past warns stoops really low. Warns were only just fixed quite recently with the new infraction messages, so warns were never previously visible in chat at the time when Rippo was muted. Bans website states he was warned before his mute, but, I bet you 9 times out of 10 he had no idea he was because of the poor warning display.

And for the record, the same old excuse "You know the rules. You've been here long enough on this server to know what you can and can't do" is SO outdated. It's almost like.. muting habits change from staff member to staff member! Some mods mute for certain things, while others don't. It's extremely disproportionate. Mutes like this make me question ManaCube's staffing process further and further each day. Like Casey said, it's insane how things like hate speech get off more lightly than a minor caps infraction.
Emma, I want you to know 1 thing
<3

Buffy

Forum Master
QA Team
BuffySwag
BuffySwag
QA Team
Ratings
331 5

LADIES, GENTLEMAN AND OTHERS, IT HAPPENED