BelenusHorror

Dedicated Member
ELITE
KingBelenus
KingBelenus
ELITE
Ratings
66 7
There is a shout revoking punishment, it's called a shout ban. I completely disagree with your logic though. Think of his scenario in an IRL situation. Rippo jaywalked for the 12th time and he is now given life in prison. The crime doesn't fit the punishment.
While I understand where you're coming from, this isn't a real life scenario this is an issue that happened on a Minecraft server. The server has rules, and when those rules are broken the staff make a punishment they feel is best. At this point, we're not going to get anywhere by arguing about how Rippo should've been handled.

Whether it be permanent mute, shout privileges taken away or something else. The staff made their final decision on what to do and they are the ones who decide if he should be unmuted or not. As I've stated he needs to appeal because he is the one that is permanently muted and not us. I feel it would be worth arguing more though if it was a permanent ban which in this case, is not to that extreme.
I'm sorry if you feel different but I'm ending my case here as I've said how I felt and feel I no longer need to say anymore. Thank you and have a great week!

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
Correct me if I’m wrong, but Rippo has previous punishment history, staff will mute for longer time periods if they have long punishment history, even if it’s something small like swearing or caps.

Last edited:

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
yes thats why people wanted a slight review of the current system as it is slightly unfair.
I agree, but I doubt that anything will actually change, so it's best to just work with what we have- if rippo wants to be unmuted they can appeal like the rest of us.

Edit: I think that what Tasses was saying earlier is a good idea- shout bans and global punishments should be two separate things. Obviously if someone has a global mute or shout ban for a serious case, then it could transfer to either or- but for something small like caps? Definitely shouldn't be penalized. Besides, people who are perm muted will shout when given the opportunity- and then just like that... they're banned from shout permanently, simply because it's classed as punishment evasion. They don't even need to be saying anything bad in shout, they just simply have to put anything in shout and they're gone.

BelenusHorror

Dedicated Member
ELITE
KingBelenus
KingBelenus
ELITE
Ratings
66 7
shut it belenus you fuckin rich adult
First of all, I'm not rich in the slightest. Honestly, I'd love to be rich but unfortunately I'm not. I don't understand the insult, but seeing as this is a Minecraft server, it really has no affect on me.

I agree, but I doubt that anything will actually change, so it's best to just work with what we have- if rippo wants to be unmuted they can appeal like the rest of us.

Edit: I think that what Tasses was saying earlier is a good idea- shout bans and global punishments should be two separate things. Obviously if someone has a global mute or shout ban for a serious case, then it could transfer to either or- but for something small like caps? Definitely shouldn't be penalized. Besides, people who are perm muted will shout when given the opportunity- and then just like that... they're banned from shout permanently, simply because it's classed as punishment evasion. They don't even need to be saying anything bad in shout, they just simply have to put anything in shout and they're gone.
I agree with what you're saying. It actually is a good idea for shout bans and global punishments to be two separate things. Also as you've mentioned, those with previous offenses are going to be given stricter punishments regardless of their actions. You can't be given slaps on the wrist and expect to get away with it, eventually stricter enforcements need to be enacted whether one likes it or not.

Kaylin!

Dedicated Member
MVP+
Svechy
Svechy
MVP+
Ratings
61 9
you legit bought Udun MVP MVP+ and Elite and gifted Acid nitro

BelenusHorror

Dedicated Member
ELITE
KingBelenus
KingBelenus
ELITE
Ratings
66 7
you legit bought Udun MVP MVP+ and Elite and gifted Acid nitro
Yes, but that doesn't make me rich. Also, where I'm from we get tax returns. I'm not gonna sit here and argue whether I'm rich or not, which I most certainly am not. I don't know how buying people stuff = being rich. I'd give anything to be rich so I can help the less fortunate even more instead of wasting it on myself. Let's keep this post on topic, thanks.

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
At the end of the day, admins have the final say in things. If they believe rippo deserves to be I muted, they’ll be unmuted. Sometimes staff make decisions that players simply just don’t understand… I know it’s hard, and not always fair, but it’s best to try and just accept it as the way things are- if rippo wishes to be unmuted they should talk to a staff member about it, making these posts to “free them” will not change anything. I admire the courage people have shown- standing up for rippo, but in all honesty rippo needs to stand up for themselves.

BelenusHorror

Dedicated Member
ELITE
KingBelenus
KingBelenus
ELITE
Ratings
66 7
At the end of the day, admins have the final say in things. If they believe rippo deserves to be I muted, they’ll be unmuted. Sometimes staff make decisions that players simply just don’t understand… I know it’s hard, and not always fair, but it’s best to try and just accept it as the way things are- if rippo wishes to be unmuted they should talk to a staff member about it, making these posts to “free them” will not change anything. I admire the courage people have shown- standing up for rippo, but in all honesty rippo needs to stand up for themselves.
That’s exactly how I feel. And it seems people don’t understand that. I get people want change for a more fair system but it takes more than one petition to unmute someone for things to change.
The staff run the server how they feel with the guidance of senior mods, managers, and admins. It’s often not just the decision of one staff member. A lot of times a group decision is made. I’ve been staff on two servers and I know a bit about what goes on behind the scenes.

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
That’s exactly how I feel. And it seems people don’t understand that. I get people want change for a more fair system but it takes more than one petition to unmute someone for things to change.
The staff run the server how they feel with the guidance of senior mods, managers, and admins. It’s often not just the decision of one staff member. A lot of times a group decision is made. I’ve been staff on two servers and I know a bit about what goes on behind the scenes.
I believe in most cases when staff is handling something they have to post evidence on the private staff discord, I might be wrong though. In general, the staff cannot punish anyone without sufficient evidence unless an admin deems it appropriate to punish a player. In this case it will always show up “admin request” on the ban site. Then again, these are just my observations I’m not staff here so I don’t know all the inner workings.

BelenusHorror

Dedicated Member
ELITE
KingBelenus
KingBelenus
ELITE
Ratings
66 7
I believe in most cases when staff is handling something they have to post evidence on the private staff discord, I might be wrong though. In general, the staff cannot punish anyone without sufficient evidence unless an admin deems it appropriate to punish a player. In this case it will always show up “admin request” on the ban site. Then again, these are just my observations I’m not staff here so I don’t know all the inner workings.
You are correct though. Staff can’t just punish someone without evidence. When I was staff on another server we kept logs of all player wrongdoings and kept them in case we needed them later on.

balls_12

Dedicated Member
ELITE
balls_12
balls_12
ELITE
Ratings
93 5
im neutral

rew

Forum Master
ELITE
TigerTwist2
TigerTwist2
ELITE
Ratings
401 124
You are correct though. Staff can’t just punish someone without evidence. When I was staff on another server we kept logs of all player wrongdoings and kept them in case we needed them later on.
You see, manacube is not like the other servers!

trashthetic

ELITE
trashthetic
trashthetic
ELITE
Ratings
81 6
There is a shout revoking punishment, it's called a shout ban. I completely disagree with your logic though. Think of his scenario in an IRL situation. Rippo jaywalked for the 12th time and he is now given life in prison. The crime doesn't fit the punishment.
Fully agree. Throwing out a permanent mute after trying to tally up past warns stoops really low. Warns were only just fixed quite recently with the new infraction messages, so warns were never previously visible in chat at the time when Rippo was muted. Bans website states he was warned before his mute, but, I bet you 9 times out of 10 he had no idea he was because of the poor warning display.

And for the record, the same old excuse "You know the rules. You've been here long enough on this server to know what you can and can't do!1!!1" is SO outdated. It's almost like.. muting habits change from staff member to staff member! Some mods mute for certain things, while others don't. It's extremely disproportionate. Mutes like this make me question ManaCube's staffing process further and further each day. Like Casey said, it's insane how things like hate speech get off more lightly than a minor caps infraction.

Last edited: