Acrellux

Forum God
ELITE
Acrellux
Acrellux
ELITE
Ratings
1,364 146
Yes, I know I'm a bit late to address this, but people are still creating threads with the titles "I'm only doing this for rewards." I think that this is a very easy way to cheat out of making a thread that has some sort of value, and that it's spammy overall. I think that there should be a notice that you shouldn't make threads to cheat the reward, and if you do make a thread, that you should be given a warning.

However, I am joining this pretty late, and people might have different opinions.

Bunni

Dedicated Member
PATRON
CupOBunnies
CupOBunnies
Patron
Ratings
241 34
+1 its annoying that most of the active threads are just spam posts for rewards

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,308 78
I can understand where you're coming from with this. Obviously, we don't want to encourage spam on the forums, as (like you said) it makes the place look untidy. However, I think it's a little harsh to be warning players simply for doing exactly what the point of the rewards system intends - to increase activity on the forums.

Before the addition, the forums were inactive and weren't receiving as many posts/engagement as they have been lately. I think there needs to be a balance, maybe just encouraging people to use the thread created by P2 as I believe that was a brilliant idea he had in attempts to prevent players from making spammy threads across the forums. That being said, as long as the threads are under "General Discussion" or even "Off-Topic" if they are purely for rewards, I don't see much of an issue with it. Additionally, we could encourage players to participate in the Forum Games to revive that aspect of the site!

Ultimately, I see where the frustration is coming from, however, I just personally think handing out punishments over it would be a little too extreme given the circumstances.

Bunni

Dedicated Member
PATRON
CupOBunnies
CupOBunnies
Patron
Ratings
241 34
@Hallowqueen 100% agree. Certainly not something people should be punished for but, I think that staff should encourage people doing the rewards to post actual content. Even if it isn't related to the server. I feel like more people are likely to take part in posts that aren't just "For Rewards: I want free cubits".

There are tons of subsections that people could post random engaging threads in for these rewards. Examples-
chrome_gAqhAv5Qzy.png
chrome_PaJBCVpPIo.png

as well as all of server specific categories

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,308 78
@Hallowqueen I think that staff should encourage people doing the rewards to post actual content. Even if it isn't related to the server. I feel like more people are likely to take part in posts that aren't just "For Rewards: I want free cubits".
I completely agree, and thank you all for starting this discussion - it is a pretty minor issue, but it certainly wouldn't hurt to nudge players in the direction of pre-existing threads & sub-forums to save them time as well and keep the forums that little bit neater :)

I will personally keep this in mind!

NymphSoiree

PATRON
NymphSoiree
NymphSoiree
Patron
Ratings
52 27
I agree it is kind of spammy and that with a little looking on peoples parts they would find the already existing count threads but I do think there is a bit of confusion with said quest. I think that some people think that they have to create their own thread (like be the OP) and/or create a brand new thread everytime they do it, so with that I think it would be better for little nudges and such like Hallow said.

Ratings
426 8
+1 its annoying that most of the active threads are just spam posts for rewards
Yes, agreed. Most of the time, when I come onto the forums there's no new messages. And when I look into posts most are just "just for rewards". Maybe they should just add a section dedicated for rewards lmao.

Spogger

Forum Legend
ELITE
_Spogger
_Spogger
ELITE
Ratings
709 117
+1

The rewards for posting are literally designed for people to get involved in the community, and it's the same reason that /cow even exists. Give users a warning, delete their thread, and remove all reward progress made from these posts.

Ratings
426 8
+1

The rewards for posting are literally designed for people to get involved in the community, and it's the same reason that /cow even exists. Give users a warning, delete their thread, and remove all reward progress made from these posts.
True, but on discord you just need to link your account, then simply react to giveaways to win. E z. Forums is a whole different story.

Ratings
426 8
Yes, I know I'm a bit late to address this, but people are still creating threads with the titles "I'm only doing this for rewards." I think that this is a very easy way to cheat out of making a thread that has some sort of value, and that it's spammy overall. I think that there should be a notice that you shouldn't make threads to cheat the reward, and if you do make a thread, that you should be given a warning.

However, I am joining this pretty late, and people might have different opinions.
Also, is the ''rewards'' cubits? Cuz' I'm unsure lol