jacobsfunparty

Forum Expert
ELITE
jacobsfunparty
jacobsfunparty
ELITE
Ratings
337 6
Hello! I am trying to gather a list of the glitchy blocks so cullan can fix all of them. When I mean glitchy I mean you either rubberband stuck in place or rubberband backwards.

The list I have so far is heads(mostly fixed), snow(mostly fixed), soulsand, door glitch, anvils, end portal frame with eye of ender.

If you guys can think of any I haven’t thought of with a map where you can find one that would be wonderful. <3

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,890 47
I don't know if this is what you mean but I play on 1.12, and when jumping from floating glass panes I get some kind of rubber banding thing.
I know this is because the shape of the block is different in different versions, but maybe it can be fixed still?

4thForce

Forum Expert
ELITE
4thForce
4thForce
ELITE
Ratings
334 6
I still glitch on some of the heads. If the heads are placed straight they're fine, but if they're on an angle unless I land on it and jump right away I rubberband over and over again to the point where I just have to cp again. Note this only happens when I'm in 1.9+, in 1.8 I don't have any block glitches

Also idk if this is considered a glitchy block but on magical paradise the beacon with black carpet that's supposed to give you blindness doesn't work

jacobsfunparty

Forum Expert
ELITE
jacobsfunparty
jacobsfunparty
ELITE
Ratings
337 6
I still glitch on some of the heads. If the heads are placed straight they're fine, but if they're on an angle unless I land on it and jump right away I rubberband over and over again to the point where I just have to cp again. Note this only happens when I'm in 1.9+, in 1.8 I don't have any block glitches

Also idk if this is considered a glitchy block but on magical paradise the beacon with black carpet that's supposed to give you blindness doesn't work
Do you remember when the head glitching was because cullan recently implemented a fix for them in the reboot last midnight EST. If you’re still glitching on heads please pm me with the name of the map so we can get it fixed. Ty for responding

jacobsfunparty

Forum Expert
ELITE
jacobsfunparty
jacobsfunparty
ELITE
Ratings
337 6
Soul sand and stairs
Yea I got soulsand already. I wasn’t sure whether to report stairs because I personally never experienced any issues playing on 1.8. What version do you play on when the stairs aren’t glitchy?

jacobsfunparty

Forum Expert
ELITE
jacobsfunparty
jacobsfunparty
ELITE
Ratings
337 6
I don't know if this is what you mean but I play on 1.12, and when jumping from floating glass panes I get some kind of rubber banding thing.
I know this is because the shape of the block is different in different versions, but maybe it can be fixed still?
I’ll try and test it on a later version thank you

A Pink Cow

Dedicated Member
ELITE
Pink_Bovine
Pink_Bovine
ELITE
Ratings
291 1
Hullo Jacob :) Other than the ones you've listed, here're some of the blocks i've found glitchy - bear in mind I play in 1.9.4 because that's where WE CUI works best for map making

- Slimes rebound after finishing a jump - HP comes to mind in CP 2 from brewing stand to brewing stand
- Single glass panes - I this this has something to do with the fact that they look like a X in 1.8.9 but a single stick in 1.9+, not sure, I know they're banned from map pk anywho

Other than that you've got most of it

Can I ask how Cullan actually 'fixes' these? + are heads still banned from future map pks?

Destroyer

Dedicated Member
ELITE
TheDestroyer7234
TheDestroyer7234
ELITE
Ratings
144 6
Ok, I was thinking for a while, but I finally remembered a jump that is so glitchy.
When there is a cobweb that you have to go through to a ladder, it glitches hella crazy. Sometimes I would be stuck for minutes! Going through the cobweb is perfectly fine, but when I start getting close to the ladder, it glitches me back and forth, and I would have to press s to try and get out of either the ladder or cobweb.

Thank you for addressing these issues Jacob and thank you Cullan for fixing these <3

ampsterdam

Dedicated Member
ELITE
ampsterdam
ampsterdam
ELITE
Ratings
Snow is sometimes bit glitchy for me

WICKEDMagma

Dedicated Member
Mapper
WICKEDMagma
WICKEDMagma
Ratings
162 8
Heads that are placed on walls will appear to be placed on the ground for 1.9+ players. Rotation has nothing to do with it.

jacobsfunparty

Forum Expert
ELITE
jacobsfunparty
jacobsfunparty
ELITE
Ratings
337 6
Heads that are placed on walls will appear to be placed on the ground for 1.9+ players. Rotation has nothing to do with it.
Snow is sometimes bit glitchy for me
Ok, I was thinking for a while, but I finally remembered a jump that is so glitchy.
When there is a cobweb that you have to go through to a ladder, it glitches hella crazy. Sometimes I would be stuck for minutes! Going through the cobweb is perfectly fine, but when I start getting close to the ladder, it glitches me back and forth, and I would have to press s to try and get out of either the ladder or cobweb.

Thank you for addressing these issues Jacob and thank you Cullan for fixing these <3
Thank you guys for your responses! Hopefully we will be able to get these fixed. Could you guys give me maps that contain these blocks?

jacobsfunparty

Forum Expert
ELITE
jacobsfunparty
jacobsfunparty
ELITE
Ratings
337 6
Hullo Jacob :) Other than the ones you've listed, here're some of the blocks i've found glitchy - bear in mind I play in 1.9.4 because that's where WE CUI works best for map making

- Slimes rebound after finishing a jump - HP comes to mind in CP 2 from brewing stand to brewing stand
- Single glass panes - I this this has something to do with the fact that they look like a X in 1.8.9 but a single stick in 1.9+, not sure, I know they're banned from map pk anywho

Other than that you've got most of it

Can I ask how Cullan actually 'fixes' these? + are heads still banned from future map pks?
I don’t actually know how he fixes them honestly lol

Destroyer

Dedicated Member
ELITE
TheDestroyer7234
TheDestroyer7234
ELITE
Ratings
144 6
Uhhh well, kinda every map has some sort of a glitchy block that you said, but the one I was talking about was recently seen in BiomesPk. It's also on I think a hard map that took hours. Maybe FireExtinguisher? I have to check again lol

jacobsfunparty

Forum Expert
ELITE
jacobsfunparty
jacobsfunparty
ELITE
Ratings
337 6
Uhhh well, kinda every map has some sort of a glitchy block that you said, but the one I was talking about was recently seen in BiomesPk. It's also on I think a hard map that took hours. Maybe FireExtinguisher? I have to check again lol
No I just meant the blocks that you mentioned

Destroyer

Dedicated Member
ELITE
TheDestroyer7234
TheDestroyer7234
ELITE
Ratings
144 6
Yeah you said to give you some maps that have these blocks. And since the cobweb to ladder jump happened recently, I remembered that it's for sure on BiomesPk, but idk about FireExtinguisher.

jacobsfunparty

Forum Expert
ELITE
jacobsfunparty
jacobsfunparty
ELITE
Ratings
337 6
Yeah you said to give you some maps that have these blocks. And since the cobweb to ladder jump happened recently, I remembered that it's for sure on BiomesPk, but idk about FireExtinguisher.
Yea I just need one ty

ampsterdam

Dedicated Member
ELITE
ampsterdam
ampsterdam
ELITE
Ratings
How recently did snow glitch for you and on what map was it glitching? I believe cullan implemented a fix 2 reboots ago?
I haven't played maps with snow recently so I do not know exactly. I just remember glitching on it a while back.